Industrial Deals HPC Best Books of the Month Holiday Dress Guide nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Weekly One Electronics Gift Guide $54.99 for a limited time only Handmade Gift Shop Holiday Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheGrandTour TheGrandTour TheGrandTour  Echo Devices starting at $29.99 Save $30 on All-New Fire HD 8. Limited-time offer. $20 off Kindle Paperwhite Assassin's Creed Origins Shop Now HTL17_gno

on December 31, 2014
This little guy is awesome. I have an old Dual xdvdn8190 and this plug cicks on the iPod cord. If I was able to change songs using the original device I would have given it 5 stars. I still love it. I am able to stream music by bluetooth from any bluetooth device to my car stereo. I have also used this with older iPod radio docks and it works just fine, but once again you cannot control iPhone from the device you connect this adapter to.

I would like to add that I have purchased similar adapters before and they end up crapping out before a years end. This one I have had since Jan 2014 so almost a year.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on February 15, 2014
I purchased this bluetooth receiver after much research, thinking it would be just fine. Reviews here on Amazon were generally good.
I have an old 30 pin sony dock, which worked great with my old iphone 4, but of course doesn't work with my iphone 5. This seemed like the ideal solution.

the SB330 fit perfectly into the dock. Initially, I had some trouble pairing my iphone 5 to it - under bluetooth the SB330 never showed up, even though the blue light was flashing. But, as another reviewer here commented " It turns out that the button for play/pause/skip will also force the device to make itself discoverable. The instructions do not address this." - as soon as I did this it paired easily with my phone. Note - the bluetooth light on the device flashes FASTER when it is in pairing mode - just because you see it flashing (slower) doesn't mean it is ready to pair.

The big problem was the device itself could not seem to connect to my Sony dock. The dock has a display at the top which says "connect"...meaning it is still searching for the iphone via the 30 pin dock...goes on forever. in other words, my phone can send music to the SB330 fine, but the SB330 can't send it to my dock. (or probably, more accurately, my dock can't recognize the SB330)

Before you say "I'm not buying the SB330" I suspect the problem is simply there are so many different kinds of 30-pin docks out there, the SB330 just doesn't work with all of them. I suspect my Sony dock is particular and must be "wired" to look for an actual device connected, not just a bluetooth pass-thru receiver, because it came with a remove control which can also control the iphone a bit. (FYI, my Sony dock is a CMT-V50iP)

In other words, I'm giving this 3 stars because I *think* it would probably be good for some other (less picky) docks, but it just didn't work for me. I'm going to try something else which connects via the 3.5mm input instead.
on January 14, 2014
My SoundBot arrived today and I started using it to connect my iPhone 5s to my Sony S-Air dock almost immediately.

The Good:
1) Set up was simple. I needed to hit the little play/pause button on the side of the SoundBot before my phone could see it to pair with, but otherwise it was pretty much plug and play.

2) It connects my phone to my old dock, hooray! I got it because I wanted a method of connecting the 5s to old 30 pin connectors and saw very mixed reviews on most of the lightning adapters. When my phone sits directly next top the dock, about the same range as one of the short adapters, my music plays out of the speakers at a quality indistinguishable from Spotify' s usual 320 kbps

The Bad:
1) It's possible I received a malfunctioning unit, but it loses connection as soon as the iPhone is more than a couple inches away. My kindle is able to maintain pairing with the phone from at least a room away, so it can't be signal density or anything like that.

2) Somehow people moving around elsewhere in the house is able to interfere with the connection, adding skips of silence and occasional static to songs from movement two rooms away. This is even when the iPhone is placed within an inch of the receiver.

Once I placed the iPhone so that the antenna was touching SoundBot the interruptions became much fewer (maybe 1/hour), but they don't appear to have vanished entirely.

tl;dr Conclusion: if the connection doesn't deteriorate further, I'll probably keep the SoundBot, but don't get it if you are planning on keeping your music playing device anyplace other than directly next to the receiver, or if you are planning on using it while you have a lot of movement around the house.
on March 7, 2014
Works fine as a A2DP audio receiver (sink) but not on 2010 Nissan Sentra. DOES NOT allow track control or ID3 music tags from any ipod dock (iLive and Memorex were tested).

This unit was very easy to use and sound quality was as good as any other A2DP bluetooth audio device I have used.
Unfortunately the AVRCP profile is not really supported. Track control is not possible from speaker docks with remote controls. There is no support for ID3 music tags.

My primary goal with this unit since it said it supported AVRCP profile was to have it in my car on the ipod 30pin dock so I could use it with my Android phone. Nissan head unit would not even enable the ipod input: "ipod not present" or "no ipod present"

I also wanted to be able to use the Nissan head unit to read ID3 tags and maybe even select playlists. This is all do-able with Tx-Rx data liens on the 30pin dock and adapter along with AVRCP and additional bluetooth profiles. But this was NOT included in the function of this adapter. it appears to ONLY support power and analog audio pins on the 30pin docks.

Vendor was VERY helpful and accepted and refunded my return. (vendor:EyeCandis)
on March 29, 2014
I have a BMW X5 that does not support Bluetooth audio streaming but came with a 30-pin connector for the older iPhone 4/4s. Being that I have an iPhone 5, my only connection option was plugging it in via USB, which for me results in forgetting my phone half the time I leave the car.

This device solved my problem. I simply connected it to the 30-pin connector in the center console and paired it with my phone. Since then I haven't had to touch it- my phone automatically pairs when I get in the car and starts streaming if I have iTunes Radio or Spotify open in the background.

As for the sound quality, it's very good for bluetooth audio. For streaming there's absolutely no loss in quality (it's lossy enough as it is), and for local files I would say they play about 90% as well as if I connect directly or use the hard drive. For me it's worth the trade-off in convenience.

I've bought several types of these connectors and have been disappointed by every one of them until this one. If you're shopping for a solution to a problem like mine, this is the adapter to buy.
on January 11, 2015
Works great, discovered easily and pairs quickly. I got this to use my iPhone 5 (with smaller thunderbolt connector) to play music on my Polk Audio music system that has the older iPhone 4 style 30-pin connector. I have a 30-pin to thunderbolt adapter that does a fine job, but the phone now sits much higher and not easy to manage the music being played (the movement causes connection breaks between adapter and receiver and the music gets paused/stopped). Plus one has to go to the phone every time to manage music.

Able to stream music from my phone to my receiver as long as I stay within range - about 20 feet. Sound quality isn't as good as the adapter, but less of a compromise than the hassle of managing the music. Another advantage is that one can use the 30-pin iPhone connector on music systems with non-Apple devices (Android, Windows, etc.).

Taking off a star for the lower music quality. Yes, bluetooth has limitations but I've heard better quality from other bluetooth units, and this is easier to detect with consumer grade, high quality receivers/amplifiers.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on January 15, 2014
I had an iPod (2nd gen) 30 pin connector installed in my 2000 Mercedes CLK430 back in 2006. It's the kind of connection that charges the iPod as well as sends the audio to the car radio via the tape deck selection. And no I don't mean by inserting something in the tape slot. The connection is hard wired. You just select the tape function on the car radio for the iPod music to play through the sound system. This Bluetooth adapter works p-e-r-f-e-c-t-l-y! It truly is plug and play. It works so well that I am now going to buy a second one for an Apple iPod Dock that's plugged into my home stereo system. The 30 pin connection in my car and the Apple iPod Dock are 1st and 2nd generation devices. They did not work with later versions of iPods or iPhones (it did work with my iPhone 3). It would play music through the system, but would not charge. Meaning that as the battery drained to 0% on long drives the music would quit until I could recharge the iPod using an A/C outlet. I hope this review helps others trying to find a solution for an in car 30 pin solution.
on March 9, 2014
This is my third foray into Bluetooth receivers - and the first to actually work as promised. So far it has managed to pair with several iOS & android devices and with using different 30-pin connectors. There's so many of these gadgets on Amazon it can be overwhelming. Ones I purchased before either performed poorly or only worked on some connectors OR worse - never worked at all. At 12 bucks, the SoundBot® SB330 is a great buy.
I'm no expert, but I suspect that it being a Bluetooth version 3.0 device has a lot to do with this product working. I've noticed many of the other receivers are only at version 1.0 or 2.0...
on February 14, 2014
I have an aftermarket Sony stereo in my car with a USB port. I've always been able to use a 30 pin cable and even a Lighting cable in this USB port and the iPhone and everything worked great. I could even control the songs (next/previous, etc) and see the song info on the screen of the stereo. I bought this thinking it would be cool to do the same thing, but wireless, but had no success. I work in IT, so its not that I couldn't get it to work because I didn't know what I was doing, it just plain wasn't compatible with anything I tried it with. The bluetooth pairing process was straightforward and once paired it came up as an audio output source on my iPhone. I play music but nothing goes into the stereo though the adapter. It just says "no device" on the stereo. I also tried it on two different iPhone docks that have a 3.5mm AUX jack on the back, on both docks, no sound came out. This device has no AUX port on board, so it looks like this product either works, or doesn't In my case it doesn't, so I'm sending it back.
review image
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on December 11, 2013
I normally do not like to give bad reviews. I do my research, have grounded expectations and live with what I paid for on most things. For a just over a month, it was great. Gave life to an old music player using my many connected devices. About two weeks ago, it started distorting and now not usable. I tried to exchange and ran out of time. Should have done it sooner. But a product should last more than a month and a half. It may last forever for many. For the time I thought it sounded great - or at least as good as your player.

Update: 3 February 2014
One of things that I look for is a company that stands behind their product. After the review I was contacted by the company in order for a return and replacement. The replacement arrived and the system works great. I am actually planning on buying another.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.