Beauty Best Books of the Year So Far STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Book House Cleaning gotpremiere gotpremiere gotpremiere  Echo $129.99 All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 Kindle Oasis B06ZY5XM7W Water Sports STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 42 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 75 reviews
on February 12, 2014
I love music and seam to have a fascination with speakers, I have more speakers then I have places to use them, but I have 2 of these now, because I love them so much.
The sound is crystal clear and it much louder and fills a room much better then you would expect from a unit this size. GREAT SOUND! It is very simple to use, there are a few "touch screen" buttons (there is no screen, but the buttons are not push-in buttons). You can use it as a dock to charge your iPhone (4s and earlier, not 5 compatible with out an adapter), while playing music or not.
You can use it through an Aux cord, I actually have one of mine hooked up to my bedroom TV through Aux (I had to use an RCA to Aux cord, as my TV does not Aux, and this does not have RCA (it does have coax)) and use it as the Soundbar, it works great for the smaller Tv and provides awesome sound.
You can also use it through Bluetooth. The connection is solid, even from several (20-30) feet away.
I keep the remote on my nightstand and use it for all of these everyday, great little unit with BIG sound!
on December 15, 2016
This is the second one of these that I have purchased. I was so impressed with the quality of the sound, that when I saw another available, I did not hesitate to buy this second one.

The sound is phenomenal for such a small unit, and unlike smaller ones, this is stereophonic. I use these in my large garage/shop and in my study. The remote control is great if the phone rings and I need to turn it down to hear better.

I am not sure how long the rechargeable battery will last, but they are available through Amazon should the need to replace one arise.
on September 1, 2012
Design and aesthetics is great but the sound is lacking bass. Great highs and good mids but the lows (bass) is lacking... It's very disappointing really, each time the bass hits it's like a faint thump with a slight rattle.

I wish there was a way to plug in/add a subwoofer to this unit.

Although, this is a great system for fans of classical music, acoustics, live, instrumental, jazz, big band, some electro, and some rock. NOT the best for dance, hip hop, r&b.

Nontheless, I will be keeping my purchase for it was a store display and it was marked down to $70. It's also great for charging my iPhone! And the wireless capability is awesome!
on January 15, 2014
When I saw this Audio System I thought it was perfect for me. I wanted it to be able to listen to the radio and it says that one can download an app with a remote that allows - by going to source - to listen to the FM Radio. I have been battling with it for months, back and forth with emails, and I haven't been able to make the remotes work. I have deleted and downloaded the app several times on my iPhone and iPad and it does not work on either. The "source" appears for less than a second, and disappears. I am frustrated and disgusted.

I can't return it either, because the time frame has passed, so I am stuck with an expensive piece of equipment that I don't use.

I have to add that customer service at Soundfreaq Support has been incredible and we are still trying to figure this out.
on September 9, 2011
This is proving to be an ideal device for my modest music listening needs. The sound quality is good (I am not enough of an audiophile to say if it's great), and it allows me to effortlessly play music from my computer. Setup was incredibly simple: unpack the device, plug it in, press a couple buttons, and you're good to go!

As the owner of two cats who like to chew on wirelike things, I appreciate that this only has one cord to manage. Some other thoughtful touches: the space in the base of the unit to store the remote and the way the rubber bumper pad (they protect the dock connection and stabilize certain devices) by hidden and stored by attaching them to the back of the unit.
on September 14, 2012
I was looking for something that could be used in the classroom for better sound volume during video clips for the students. I found this by chance and couldn't believe the sound quality, too. Now I can hook the laptop up via bluetooth while streaming video to a projector allowing for everyone in the room to hear it. I can't recommend this enough. Now I want one for my home; just have to wait for it to go on sale again.
on October 15, 2013
I like this system so much that this is the second one we've bought. Sound is very good. Easy to set up. I can't quite make the bluetooth work, but that's probably my error (I don't really use it -- I just put my ipod on the system, so I haven't studied the instructions). This is a great value if you need a small system for your office or bedroom, or other small area.
on November 19, 2014
Bought this whole I was deployed in Afghaniland. I still have it 3 years later. It has taken a lot of abuse (mostly in the states) and still sounds as good as when I bought it. Also since it has Bluetooth I can still use all my new iPhone and apple stuff with it. Sweet
on July 20, 2015
I dare you to find better sound for a cheaper price. Yes the bass has to bounce off a wall (points backward) but that allows the bass to spread out nicely around my iPad. It gets louder than I would ever want - much louder than a jaw bone jam box.
on November 9, 2011
This is very nice as a Bluetooth speaker. I have been able to use it with my iPad, iPod, and iPhone 3G. I also have an Android MyTough 4g that it works well with. Sound quality is very good and will fill a room. The docking only works with Apple products. The big negative for me (and it would have been a deal breaker had I known prior to purchase) is that it has a built in auto shut off system. You cannot use this as a speaker for the alarm clock functions of your device. If it had an option to somehow disengage the auto shut off then it would be great. However since it doesn't, I had to move it to another room and I'm searching for another option for my bedroom.