Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning TheOnlyLivingBoy TheOnlyLivingBoy TheOnlyLivingBoy  Amazon Echo now $99.99 Limited-time offer: All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 578 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 620 reviews
on September 6, 2014
So easy to use - just run your stripped, bare speaker wire through the opening on the side and screw it down by turning the base on the banana plug. Doesn't get any easier to add these to a pair of speakers wires. The other benefit I have found is if you switch out speakers frequently and all they have are spring terminals, removing the banana plugs is just as easy as it is to add them back in. I like these a lot.
review image
on August 13, 2016
These are easy to install and make installation of my home theater system a breeze. They are a must have with a 7.1 system. The contacts are solid and are very secure. I was just thinking about these as I am planning to redesign my entertainment center. You can install the wires two different ways, straight through the back, or through the side depending on how you need to route your wires. I am very pleased with these and would purchase more if I were to do any more installs. I have recommended these to others and would recommend them to you as well.
on January 29, 2015
Well made, heavy duty banana plugs for those who want to terminate their cables without soldering. To really make these work well though, order some 2" zip ties and use them to zip tie the body of the cable to the head of the screw thread to help stop the cable pulling out when you yank on the cable to get the cable out of a tight socket.

The expanding tip of the plug which sits in the socket is well made and ensures a snug fit once you 'stick it in', which is always a good thing in anyone's book. I've tried half a dozen different types of banana plug for my work, and these are the ones I would use if I wasn't soldering my wires (which I prefer to do in order to maximize the strength of the connection).
on October 18, 2014
These worked like a charm. I used the side insert method because it made wire management a little easier, and they made for a good, solid connection to the back of the receiver. It's slightly more work to attach them to the wires than it is to simply twist the ends of the wire, but, for my system at least, it's easier to plug the banana plugs into the receptacle than it is to fit them through the hole in the binding posts.

It also made cable management at the back of the receiver a lot easier. With 18 cables, cords, and wires coming out of the back of the reciever (10 speaker wires, 1 subwoofer out, 3 HDMI in, 1 HDMI out, 1 coaxial cable in, 1 optical sound in, 1 ethernet in, and the power cord for the receiver) having control over the angle the speaker wires go into the system is a life saver.

The connections were easy to make, solid with side insert (though not as clean looking as bottom insert would be) and minimize the chance of bare wires touching each other or the metal back of the system.

A set of 12 was perfect, giving me enough to hook up five satellite speakers with a pair left over just in case I lost or damaged one.
VINE VOICEon January 12, 2015
I have purchased two of these packages in making the transition over to banana plugs. I am not sure that sonically they make a difference but theoratically you can get better contact from your speaker wire because you can see exactly where the wire is going-so it's not going to hurt. The barrier for me always in the past was that Banana Plugs were just too expensive. This pricing from Amazon solves that! I have been trialing speakers and amplifiers and screweing and unscrewing wires was so tiring and time consuming. Now I can plug and unplug in seconds! By the way, I ran out of these so I went to Home Depot, Target, Best Buy and the cheapest they had was like $5.00 for TWO of these. I couldn't believe it! This is a steal.
on November 30, 2016
Amazing! Bought this as a gift for my daughter because she loves listening to music and she loved it!!!! You can hook it up to any device. All of her friends are now asking for them. Great buy!! I too enjoy it...they look very cool!!😄
on March 7, 2014
These are great looking binding posts. I did have one issue with them though. They use little colored washers to denote red and black (pos and neg). This wouldn't be a problem of it didn't cause the insert to keep from tightening down on the wire. I understand that 16awg wire is not very thick, but the strand are thick enough that you cannot trap them in the threads and if you just try to bring the wire out the side of the post (even through the middle, then out the side) the wire can easily be pulled back out. I had to remove the washers so that it would tighten down enough to lock the wire in. The advantage I had was that the wire was "marked" so I could still tell which wire I was using for positive. I cannot say that in a year or so I will remember which one is which.
on July 18, 2013
I've been in audio/video sales and installation for decades so I've seen hundreds of different connectors in my time so I can tell you that these banana plugs are as good as anything I've used in the past. They were also quite a bargain for such outstanding quality. You can find cheaper on the internet but price most often directly reflects the quality. These plugs were not only reasonably priced, they are high quality. They feel solid in your hand and couldn't be easier to connect.

The dual insertion option is a nice touch as well. Your wires can be inserted either from the back of the plug or from the bottom if you so desire. Many plugs offer either insertion option but not both. Having both is a bonus because your needs may change so you will never have to go out and buy a new set of plugs. The fit once inserted into the back of your component, is snug and will not loosen or pull out unless you physically pull them out. I can say without a doubt that I highly recommend these banana plugs if you want a quality product at a bargain price. I'm using them for my own high end home theater. Buy them. You will not regret your purchase.
on September 8, 2014
Wish I had done this a lot sooner. Much easier connections. Seems to be a quality product, and I've ordered a second set.
Instead of putting the wire through the side of the terminal as shown in the instructions, i loosen the terminal quite a bit extra, then insert the wire up through the end with the tip being slightly bent, then have it hang over the lip. I then tighten the terminal down and the wires are very snug, and much easier to maneuver with the end connection than a side connection.
on November 16, 2013
These worked great. I had a pile of 12 guage speaker wires I ran in my new house, and they were all hanging out of the wall in my audio cabinet. I debated just stripping them and connecting directly to my amplifiers, but then saw these on Amazon and am glad I purchased them. I did have to use two pair of pliers to tighten them onto the stripped wire, but now they are quite permanently on there and make attaching and detaching from the amplifiers a breeze. They fit snugly into the amplifier too, so I know they are making great contact. Don't ask me to compare the audio quality of these vs. non, or other banana plugs, however. I'm not that kind of audiophile. But from a practical and quality standpoint, these are a good value.