Soundtrack to Your Life
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Top Customer Reviews
Soundtrack to your life is Parker Angel's attempt to forge a solo career free from the auspices of O Town and for a first up effort the signs are encouraging indeed. While O Town was very much is the pop mold 'Soundtrack' rocks and is a lot stronger than anything Parker Angel had previously assosiated with.
The album is a collection of '70s singer/songwriter and '80s college rock and Parker Angel's vocals are reminiscent of a cross between the balladering of Goo Goo Dolls front man John Rzeznik and the front ahead rock of All American Rejects Tyson Ritter.
Let U go is allready a hit single and Soundtrack to your life will be. The album begins pretty rock heavy but perhaps the shining moments are towards the end with two incredibly moving ballads "Where did you go" and the cinematic "Apology"
The album was produced by the Matrix team who have also worked with the likes of Avril Lavigne and Hilary Duff and are no strangers to making hits that garner high radio rotation.
Expect to hear a lot of Ashley Parker Angel over the airwaves this summer.
In fact, if you told me I would be now, I would laugh in your face.
But, here's the deal. I heard "Let U Go", and bought it on iTunes the same day, and..well lets just say 3 days later it already has 50 plays on my iPod.
I bought the album the day it came out, and honestly, it's the best album this year.
The album starts out with "Let U Go", as most of you have probably already heard. The most rock track on the CD, with a catchy chorus. The CD quickly goes into a catchy pop song, "I'm Better", which is also more rock than the rest of the CD. It keeps getting better as "Soundtrack Of Your Life" comes on, possibly the most catchy song on the album. The lyrics are great, and personally one of my favorites on the CD. "Feels So Alive" is next, keeping the catchy pop-rock tunes coming. Very very catchy song, I love it. "Crazy Beautiful" comes on, and at first I didn't like this song, but it has grown on me. One of my favorites now, I could see this being a single.
"Who Cares" is next, and my favorite on the CD. The song is so different, yet has some familiar sounds. Reminds me a lot of a Beatles song, yet is completely original. I cannot tell you how much I love this song.
"Shades Of Blue" is after, and another amazing song. It was my favorite for awhile, but listening to it too much can get me a little depressed, as the song is extremely sad. Gives me chills everytime I listen to it.
"Beautiful Lie" is good, I'm not attached to the song, but it's another catchy song that's very listenable.
"Perfect Now" is also catchy, and something in it works. A lot of people can relate to this song, as can I.Read more ›
1. Let U Go - The debut single from Ashley. When I first hear it a few months ago, I was shocked because we can all safely say nobody really expected this type of song from Ashley, but it suits him well. You can hear the influences from some of his favourite artists on this track. Could have a bit more lyrical depth though. 4.5/5
2. I'm Better - Very catchy song, kind of reminds me of Let U Go in a sense. It's more on the pop side, but it's a song that you just can't help but like. 4/5
3. Soundtrack to Your Life - My personal favourite on the entire album. Lyrically, it's one of my favourite songs I've heard in a long time. The lyrics are very meaningful and gives you inspiration when you're having a bad day. I think even non Ashley fans would really enjoy this one, as pretty much anyone can relate to it. The song is about life in general and it's a message to his 9 month old son, Lyric. "I heard your heartbeat, it took away the fear." 5/5
4. Feel So Alive - Another personal favourite. I remember hearing him sing this one briefly on There and Back, and I really enjoyed the sound. It's up-beat and a great song about when life is changing and your going through difficult times, you still, like the title says, feel so alive. 5/5
5. Crazy Beautiful - Lyrics are cute, I like the theme to this song.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Yes love it thanks for the friendly service I look forward to ordering something agianPublished 4 months ago by Amazon Customer
CD is amazing, and I love APA. However it skipped on track 11, the first time I listened to it right out of the package. Pretty disappointed.Published 18 months ago by Amanda
Probably in my top 20 favorite albums of all-time. Musically, he did a 180 from his O-Town days to this debut album. The best work I've heard from APA. Give it a chance. Read morePublished on April 6, 2014 by Jamie Lassiter
I always loved Ashley Parker Angel's music from the minute I first heard it on the radio back in early 2006. Read morePublished on July 31, 2013 by dani
The cd is great! It's on my phone now and I'm enjoying it thoroughly. I should mention that this seller didn't provide me with tracking information. Read morePublished on May 23, 2013 by Jan
I have only caught a little bit of the whole MTV - O-Town thing. Didn't really get into O-Town. I came across this while searching for some good new music on Amazon to buy. Read morePublished on December 3, 2007 by Iczard