|Print List Price:||$12.99|
Save $10.00 (77%)
The Sour Taste of Suspicion: An Angel Lake Mystery (Walking Calamity Cozy Mystery Book 3) Kindle Edition
|Length: 220 pages||Word Wise: Enabled||Enhanced Typesetting: Enabled|
|Page Flip: Enabled||
Switch back and forth between reading the Kindle book and listening to the Audible narration with Whispersync for Voice. Add narration for a reduced price of $7.49 when you buy the Kindle book.
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Customers who bought this item also bought
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
Top customer reviews
This was my first dip into the Angel Lake Mystery series, and I will be continuing with it. I found it a quick and easy read that kept me on the edge of my seat.
I loved the ghost story aspect, and at times I was quite creeped out (in a good way). Aunt Myrtle believes she's haunted by the ghost of her sister. Between footsteps, missing items, unexplained noises in the night it's the perfect blend of creepy and mystery.
One of the only things that bothered me was the lack of investigation from the police. One moment they're there taking statements and closing off the room...then they aren't seen or heard from again until the end of the book which is days later. I expected more police involvement during Elise's stay.
The only other thing that I would say I didn't like, was that I felt a few things weren't explained or solved fully. (Unless I just missed it, which is totally possible.) I don't give spoilers in reviews so I won't mention what those things are. They were minor anyway, so it doesn't bother me that much.
Overall, I would recommend this book. It was a well written cozy mystery and a good read.
The first half seems more like a good piece of nonfiction. The last half brings the mystery to life. The romance and involvement of Vivian throughout helps with the continuity not only in this novel but throughout the series. Overall well done!
Case in point, a haunted house, an elderly lady who appears slightly deranged. Can Elise solve the mystery of what is really happening?
The humour, suspense and romance is all there to make this book something special
Most recent customer reviews
This series started out SO promising but this book was an absolute failure!Read more
Set up an Amazon Giveaway
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Mystery, Thriller & Suspense > Mystery > Amateur Sleuths
- Books > Mystery, Thriller & Suspense > Mystery > Cozy > Animals
- Books > Mystery, Thriller & Suspense > Mystery > Cozy > Crafts & Hobbies
- Books > Mystery, Thriller & Suspense > Mystery > Cozy > Culinary
- Books > Mystery, Thriller & Suspense > Mystery > Women Sleuths
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Mystery, Thriller & Suspense > Mystery > Cozy > Animals
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Mystery, Thriller & Suspense > Mystery > Cozy > Crafts & Hobbies
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Mystery, Thriller & Suspense > Mystery > Cozy > Culinary
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Mystery, Thriller & Suspense > Mystery > Women Sleuths