Bubble Witch Saga 3 Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited Get 10% cashback on thousands of musical instruments with your Amazon.com Store Credit Card Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon MozartintheJungle MozartintheJungle MozartintheJungle  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Shop Now PSFF17_gno

Customer reviews

Package Quantity: 1|Size: 30 Capsules|Change

Showing 1-8 of 8 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 9 reviews
on October 16, 2013
This product has helped me deal with my anxiety levels. I have experienced no side effects. I subscribed and I am on my second bottle....
on December 7, 2014
Burned my stomach! Couldn't tolerate.
on March 20, 2013
I use l-theanine in combination with deep breathing/meditation in times of stress. When I am facing anxiety and a heart that won't stop racing, l-theanine is usually just what the doctor ordered. At its best, l-theanine will slow down my racing heart and give me a sense of wellbeing after approximately 30 minutes to an hour.

Unfortunately, this was not the case with Source Naturals version of l-theanine. I purchased this brand in an attempt to save a few bucks over using my usual brand. The instructions state that 1 capsule 1 to 2 times daily is all that's necessary. I purchased 1 bottle over a year ago and have tried taking on several occasions. I never felt a change. My heart would still race, and I was still anxious, even when taking the maximum dosage.

Oddly enough, Source Naturals has double amount of l-theanine (200mg) than my preferred brand does (100mg). Even still, my preferred brand produces results that I can feel.

I would not recommend Source Naturals L-Theanine. If you try it and see no results, do not give up on l-theanine; try a higher quality brand instead.
on August 24, 2012
Well, I have tried everything, just can't seem to find something that really does the trick for me. This product was okay, but didn't make that much of a difference, and when it did, the effect was very minimal, and didn't last. Too bad, had some high hopes for this.
on September 9, 2012
For those of you that suffer from anxiety, this stuff is amazing. Its not a miracle supplement... But it certainly takes the edge off when you start your day. Out of everything that I have tried this is by far and away the best stuff I have found. It's also very affordable. I take 200 mg in the morning and another 200 in the aftrenoon. I function better at work!! I function better at home!! My kids even tell me I'm more fun to be around!! If you suffer from anxiety or depression this is for you!!
on December 16, 2013
I have no clue what this little pill did. I didn't notice ANY difference and didn't help me sleep or help with anxiety. If you're depending on this to help, DONT.
on March 3, 2012
These l-Theanine suppliments are amazing. I was suffering from severe anxiety caused by obsessive thinking, and the only relief I could get was from benzodiazepines like Clonazepam. I refused to simply resort to dependence on prescription drugs to control my overactive mind, and wanted to find a natural cure for my anxiety. My mind was on fire with uncontrollable thoughts that fixated on one certain thing or another, which led to anxiety attacks because I couldn't let go of the thoughts, and these thoughts would pop up every time my mind wasn't heavily distracted. Solitude became unbearable, and I found it hard to relax. I became consumed by my anxiety, and it just kept getting worse and worse. It was like a broken record in my head over and over again. l-theanine puts that fire out, and allows me to be the person I used to be before anxiety took over.

I've always enjoyed Green Tea for it's taste, it's health benefits, but also the ritual of making it and drinking it has always provided me with some level of relaxation and comfort. This was partly due to it's theanine, which I didn't realize. This is why monks in Japan drink Green Tea when they meditate, because it helps provide clarity, peace of mind, and focus. However, the amount of theanine in Green Tea is very small, and for someone with severe anxiety, just drinking Green Tea alone isn't enough. By taking a 200mg suppliment a couple times a day, I'm able to achieve the calm and mental clarity that would usually require hours spent in meditation. It's amazing how much my attention span has increased, how much my mind has been under my own control again, and how relaxed I feel without any sort of drowsiness.

l-theanine probably won't make you feel very different if you are not an anxious person, but what it will do is make you feel normal again if you do suffer from anxiety, which is all anyone who suffers from it really wants. I've also been able to stop using Clonazepam, which was a goal of mine. Anyone with ADD, OCD, or an overactive mind should try l-theanine as well, as it will give you the benefits of meditation all day long without having to meditate every time you feel anxious.
on March 2, 2016