- Shipping Weight: 1 pounds (View shipping rates and policies)
- Domestic Shipping: Item can be shipped within U.S.
- International Shipping: This item is not eligible for international shipping. Learn More
- ASIN: B005QI8KM6
- Item model number: SO2050553
- Average Customer Review: 253 customer reviews
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #9,329 in Sports & Outdoors (See Top 100 in Sports & Outdoors) Product Warranty: For warranty information about this product, please click here
Source Tactical WXP Hydration Reservoir System with Storm Valve
|Price:||$33.94 - $109.45|
- High performance 2L hydration reservoir system combing clear and wide pack systems
- Maintenance free glass-like liner with integrated Grunge Guard antimicrobial treatment and exclusive 2 layer coextrudated polyethylene construction. Taste free!
- Patented leak-proof lid with wide opening for easy cleaning, draining and ice insertion.
- Covered tube with dual quick disconnect valve.
- Exclusive Storm valve delivers high flow.
Customers who bought this item also bought
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
A high-performance reservoir for Source Outdoors hydration systems, the WXP bladder features a wide opening for easy filling, cleaning, draining, and ice insertion. It's available in 2- and 3-liter models. Source's Glass-Like Film is smoother than standard TPU films with virtually no difference from glass itself, preventing bio-film build up and making the system virtually self-cleaning. And the bladder retains a pure liquid taste with no plastic flavor. Utilizing an FDA-approved and EPA-registered anti-microbial agent, Grunge Guard Technology inhibits bacteria growth on the reservoir and drinking tube surfaces for the life of the system. The WXP comes with comes with the high-flow Storm valve, a push-pull system that's like drinking from a straw. A sealing mechanism locks the valve shut with a simple twist (ideal for extremely cold weather), and the QMT valve tip offers the convenience of disconnecting the valve so the tube can be easily woven through tight opening. The 90-degree design allows the tube to be shorter, minimizing excess tubing around your chest and creating an ideal drinking angle. It also comes with a Dirt-Shield protective cover that protects the valve from valve from dirt, sand, dust, mud, and other pollution. The drinking tube's Cool Weave cover blocks UV light and insulates, keeping your water cool and inhibiting bacteria growth. Dedicated to bringing original, functional, long-lasting gear to those who inhabit the great outdoors, Source Outdoors has been a groundbreaker in hydration system technology and is also well known for its tactical gear and hiking sandals. Tested in the most extreme conditions, hundreds of thousands of Source hydration systems are in use in the field.
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
One hint I should get out of the way is that you should also purchase One Step Cleaner for brewing systems. Also, you should buy the Helix bite valve.
Filling the bladder is very easy, which is a must since the primary fill point is attached to the bag. For out in the field, the primary fill point is attached to your bag, so you can fill on the go out of various containers. But you cannot fill it up to three liters out of that fill point. Well, not unless you want to get the whole bag wet.
Using the top slide out fill point is best if you are in a clean environment like a kitchen sink, be sure to wash your hands first. Also be sure that the external fill point is snugly tightened or you will will be dribbling some water.
The one thing I love about my Source Tactical WXP 3-Liter Hydration System that I don't have to blow into the tube to force water out, gravity was good enough to give me a good water stream. The fabric braiding around the drinking tube should alleviate any worries about UV light damage to the plastic.
I assume that the glass like coating is doing its job keeping out any plastic aftertaste because my water tastes great, and the Grunge Guard will give me peace of mind. But don't get me wrong, I will clean this with my One Step Cleaner frequently.
All in all, Source Tactical has a new fan and I will spread the word about their great products
I wish the string on the screw on cap is a bit longer and I prefer the helix bite valve over the storm valve.
Besides the helix valve I also recommend the getting the Source Tactical Gear Magnetic Tube Clip.
I have used various brands of hydration packs over 12 years, everything from Camel Pak to generic wal-mart systems and I have to say Source brand hydration systems is the best I have ever tried. I also accidentally left water in the thing for over the winter, no mold or musky smell inside (don't try this at home) so that is a testament on it's antimold antimicrobial properties. And yes I cleaned the thing out well before reuse.
P.S. make sure your pack or hydration carrier can fit this hydration bladder.
- bag is tough
- wide opening top is great for filling
- fits well in my 5.11 All Hazards Prime
- braided straw cover is low key, very cool
- dirt cover is a blessing
- the Source Tactical Gear Widepac Low Profile 3-Liter Hydration Pack would probably bulge less in my pack
- the push/pull valve is not as convenient as the bite valve on the sport version of Source bags (minus 1/2 star)
- this valve is smaller than the sport version, so the dirt covers are not interchangeable
- I find the screw cap completely unnecessary (minus 1/2 star)
Most recent customer reviews
I especially like the anti-microbial coating to keep the water pure.Read more