|Print List Price:||$15.99|
Save $13.00 (81%)
Source Kindle Edition
|New from||Used from|
|Length: 306 pages||Word Wise: Enabled||Enhanced Typesetting: Enabled|
|Page Flip: Enabled||
Matchbook Price: $0.00
For thousands of qualifying books, your past, present, and future print-edition purchases now lets you buy the Kindle edition for $2.99 or less. (Textbooks available for $9.99 or less.)
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Customers who bought this item also bought
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
Top customer reviews
First let me say this is not my normal kind of book to read, but after I read the blurb I was like okay I'ma give this book a try for sure. It seems a bit mysterious.
This was a story that I could put down and start reading something else then come back to it. I was not fully involved with the story being told.
With that being said, it was a good story overall. It revolved around 3 journalist who have been sent to investigate the allegations around the RNB. But I felt a lot of story kept mentioning if they were going to travel by train, plane, or car, and what they were going to eat for dinner. Yes there was a lot of investigating into who was after the RNB, and a little bit of mystery surrounding who was the person or persons involved. But it lacked a lot!
You have Tom who is going through a rough patch in his marriage, but we don't get any answers as to if they worked anything out. It leaves you hanging and wondering.
Sally, she is her own character who I gave props to as she made sure she didn't give in to Tom's advances. I thought that was great. Not much to say about her as she was not a full character I would truly remember. Except that she likes to find answers to what she is looking into.
To me it seemed as though the ending was rushed, there wasn't a lot of answers. I felt as though when Tom and Sally got their answer as to who was behind the bringing down of RNB nothing was fully done. It is like we have to speculate and I do not like that within a story being told.
I can't say I liked the characters very much at first. In fact, I actually disliked them but they grew on me after a while. As the story continued I began to cheer for them, especially for the reporters.
Despite knowing little of the sophisticated corporate world, here in my unsophisticated rural wilderness half a world away, I could see clearly into the life of the characters in this novel and this helped me become totally engaged in the plot.
Early into the book I realised Zach Abrams has a gift for showing character. The description of the man with a heavy smoking habit and a woman with spunk, taking on a couple of baddies and bluffing her and her companion's way out of a bad situation, was some of the finest showing of a scene I've read. Great well written story.
This book has something for everyone... International travel, political intrigue, thrilling action, even a touch of romance, that will keep readers turning pages to the very end. The descriptions are just enough to make the scenes vivid, not so much as to make the story drag. It seems this writer has an intuitive ability to know how to keep readers on the edge of their seats. Well worth reading.
Most recent customer reviews
Set up an Amazon Giveaway
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Mystery, Thriller & Suspense > Mystery > Amateur Sleuths
- Books > Mystery, Thriller & Suspense > Mystery > International Mystery & Crime
- Books > Mystery, Thriller & Suspense > Thrillers & Suspense > Crime
- Books > Mystery, Thriller & Suspense > Thrillers & Suspense > Financial
- Books > Mystery, Thriller & Suspense > Thrillers & Suspense > Spies & Politics > Conspiracies
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Contemporary Fiction > British
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > World Literature > British > Contemporary
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Mystery, Thriller & Suspense > Mystery > International Mystery & Crime
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Mystery, Thriller & Suspense > Thrillers > Conspiracies
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Mystery, Thriller & Suspense > Thrillers > Crime
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Mystery, Thriller & Suspense > Thrillers > Financial