Hill Climb Racing 2 Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc New Album by Josh Too and the conflicts PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Transparent Transparent Transparent  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Trade in. Get paid. Go shopping. Shop Now PSFF17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 41 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 61 reviews
on October 22, 2015
Herb Alpert's 1964 "South of the Border a very enjoyable more crisper sound after his 1963 Volume 2 efforts which he won't release , to him it wasn't a smooth album. South of the Border featured allot of Wrecking Crew members along with Julius Wechter, Bob Edmondson and John Pisano, play hits Like South of the Border, Hello Dolly, All my Loving, El Presidente, Mexican Shuffle and Julius, Up Cherry Street. Very superb sound, clear,crisp brass, strings ,rthyum section Herb's flavors these songs with latin ,jazz with so much finesse,he creates a image of you watching perform on a sunny Mexican coastline.
on May 7, 2010
Hey, it's a real treat to have these re-issues available and the packaging is nice BUT the alleged "re-mastering" is horrendous throughout the entire signature series. Sorry Herb, I still love ya and the TJB but I cannot tell a lie here. So...I proceeded to email Shout Factory on this and I got back a robotic-style message that these were re-mastered to Herb Alpert's exceedingly high level of quality. Yeah, OK. The LPs, which reside in my basement, have more punch, more presence, better low and high ends to them than these Shout Factory re-issues. The hiss is prevelant throughout the series of CDs, yet there are a few scattered tracks, like Casino Royale on Sounds Like, that actually sound really good....almost as if a different process was used just for that track. Very odd. There is distortion on SRO and a "bump" sound on one of the tracks that can be heard in the car as well as the home equipment. Herb's trumpet should come thru clean & bright but it seems to be under a cloudy membrane. Now I don't want to sound like an audio geek, which I am truly not, but these CDs could have sounded A LOT better!!! The LPs do, and they were purchased 40+ years ago and are quite worn. ~SL
on June 8, 2017
Awesome blast from the past.
on May 20, 2014
My mother had quite a few of Herb Alpert's albums (good old fashioned vinyl 33 1/3rpm kind). I used to listen to them all the time because I also liked the music. I still have all my mom's albums, but I wanted to get them in a format I could listen to in my car so I bought the CD. I still like the music and look forward to getting more of his albums on CD. I love the sound of brass and string instruments. When I was learning to play trumpet (in my younger days) Herb Alpert was one of 2 trumpet players whose talent I strived to rival. I would definitely recommend this.
on September 21, 2015
This selection from 'Herb Alpert's Signature Series' Remasters is great! The last time I heard this material was when I played my vinyl record years ago, so this CD is refreshing to listen to!
on March 18, 2015
I loved the album when it first came out and still enjoy hearing it over and over. Herb Alpert certainly has a style which never grows old. I was happy to find a copy of the album was still available.
on February 22, 2014
I used to listen to this record (LP at the time) when I was a child. Surprisingly, it is just as good (or better!) than I remembered it. My 17-year old even likes it. Most of the hits if you are over 40 you will remember. Great stuff.
on August 10, 2015
I'm listening to this right as I'm typing this my family never owned the album so I can't compare the cd to the album love the cd
on May 31, 2016
Great instrumental! It brings back a lot of memories.
on January 14, 2015
Herb Alpert is ......... The TJB. This disc has put my vinyl copy to rest. The CD is good - not as good as vinyl - but easier for sonic wallpaper.