Other Sellers on Amazon
+ $6.29 shipping
+ Free Shipping
Ornamec Grass Herbicide Quart
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Ornamec 170 is designed for maintenance of landscape beds
- Reduces risk of ornamental plant injury
- Selectively controls emerged annual grasses - panicums, goosegrass, crabgrass, foxtails and sandbur
- Also controls stubborn perennial species like Bermuda grass, quack grass, torpedo grass and Johnson grass
- Grass growth stops within 48 hours and death occurs within 1 to 3 weeks
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
|Manufacturer Part Number||2217-728|
|Package Height||2.3 x 6.4 x 10.9 inches|
|Shipping Weight||2.45 pounds|
Compare to similar items
This item Ornamec Grass Herbicide Quart
Duraturf Crabgrass Plus Weed Killer B00QYWNC4Y
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Sold By||Seed Barn||BIGFLY||Gatzies||Amazon.com|
|Item Dimensions||—||2 x 6 x 10 in||6 x 10.75 x 20.3 in||7.13 x 3.88 x 11.75 in|
Ornamec 170 is a selective post emergence herbicide for the control of annual and perennial grasses Ornamec 170 does not control broadleaf weeds or sedges (nut grass). Ornamec Over-The-Top Provides outstanding post-emergent control of unwanted grasses in groundcovers, shrubs and trees. And the majority of the nearly 500 species and varieties of plants on the label may be treated with Ornamec applied "over-the-top". Selectively controls emerged annual grasses - panicum, goosegrass, crabgrass, foxtail, sandbur and barnyardgrass. "Over-the-top" applications on most ornamentals - shrubs, ground covers, trees, flowers and wildflowers listed on the label. May be used on and around newly emerging ornamentals as well as transplants.
Top Customer Reviews
* Use a commercial surfactant to get the Ornamec to stick to the grass. I used Bonide 097 Turbo Spreader Sticker. The Ornamec comes with a little bottle of surfactant, but it's not nearly enough for broadcast applications (may be enough to get you started with a spot treatment). The ratio of Ornamec to surfactant is nearly 1:1, so you will need just about as much surfactant as Ornamec.
* I applied using one of those hand-held liquid broadcast spreaders that you hook-up to the hose. I mixed 4oz Ornamec, 3oz Bonide, and topped it off with water to 32oz. I then applied at 1oz/gal over the entire lawn.
* I applied as soon as the weather turned cool in the fall: 3 applications, 2 weeks apart. It stressed the other turf somewhat, but it had all fall & winter to recover. By this spring the other turf had completely recovered. I did have to overseed the areas in the lawn where Bermuda grass patches that died off to fill them in.
I've been looking for regrowth over the last couple of months and have not found any yet. I live in Tenn., so in past years, the Bermuda would be growing strongly by this time of the year. All of the neighbors are impressed with how well it worked and interested in trying it out for themselves. Hopefully they do, so it can't get reestablished from their yards!
I have tried for years to get rid of this nuisance grass, but regular herbicides are futile on this grass. They kill all other grasses and plants, but Bermuda grass lives on. I have tried digging up, tilling and killing off this vegetation - even for two seasons in an entire area, only to find the pest come back the following year.
I searched the internet for several years trying to find a solution. I found that there were people who actually planted Bermuda grass and loved it - they could not understand people like me who wanted to eradicate it. But finally I stumbled across this product - I could not believe my good fortune. It promised to kill only Bermuda grass and spare all other plants. Could this be true?
I bought it, hoping the dream product had been found. Sure enough, it lives up to its promise. Within days, it killed Bermuda grass, leaving it the desired brown, sparing all my other plants, leaving them lush green. I am a VERY happy gardener.
Buy this product with enthusiasm and confidence, and say goodbye forever to the dreaded Bermuda grass!!
Last summer/fall I purchased Ornamec and gave it a try and Whammo! it killed the Bermuda! Not only that, but with just one application this spring I have virtually vanquished all Bermudagrass in my lawn.
Although at $70 this may seem expensive, keep in mind that it is a concentrate. Once diluted as directed it will last for several applications (I've used it twice and still have a lot left). And, considering that I blew $20 a bottle on several bottles of Bayer's worthless product, the Ornamec is a pretty good value.