Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
Southern Ag - Liquid Copper Fungicide - Fungicide, 16oz
- Make sure this fits by entering your model number.
- Controls diseases caused by bacteria and fungi
- New Formulation works well with hose end sprayers
- Labeled for control of moss and algae
- Contains 31.4% Copper Ammonium Complex (8% Metallic Copper Equivalent)
Frequently bought together
More items to explore
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question may be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who purchased this item, who are all part of the Amazon community.
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Please enter a question.
From the manufacturer
Liquid Copper Fungicide (Residential Use Only)
• Controls diseases caused by bacteria & fungi
• New formulation works well with hose end sprayers
• Labeled for control of moss and algae
CONTAINS: 27.15% Copper diammonia diacetate complex (8% Metallic Copper Equivalent, 0.772 lbs per gallon)
USE ON: Many fruits, vegetables, turfgrass (algae control), live oak (spanish moss control) and ornamentals
CONTROLS: Many bacterial and fungal leaf spots, rust, blights. Also controls algae in turfgrass and moss in live oaks.
RATE: For most ornanentals and vegetables use between 2 to 6 tsp. per gallon.
Rates vary depending upon use. See label for specific information.
APPLICATION: Mix with water and apply as a cover spray.
Compare with similar items
Bonide 811 Copper 4E Fungicide 16oz (473ML)
Bonide 775 Copper Fungicide Rtu Natural 1 Qt
BioAdvanced 701250 Disease Control for Roses, Flowers and Shrubs Garden Fungicide, 32 oz, Concentrate
Ortho MAX Garden Disease Control Concentrate, 16 oz.
Bonide (BND862) - Fungal Disease Control, Mancozeb Flowable with Zinc Fungicide Concentrate (16 oz.)
|Item Dimensions||2.05 x 4.10 x 6.00 inches||1.00 x 1.00 x 1.00 inches||4.75 x 2.50 x 12.00 inches||2.65 x 5.00 x 10.25 inches||2.45 x 8.58 x 4.33 inches||1.00 x 1.00 x 1.00 inches|
Liquid copper fungicide> controls diseases caused by bacteria & fungi
new formulation works well with hose end sprayers
labeled for control of moss & algae
contains: 27.15% copper diammonia diacetate complex (8% Metallic copper
equivalent, 0.772 lbsper gallon)
use on: many fruits, vegetables,
turfgrass (algae control), live Oak, (Spanish Moss control) & ornamentals
controls: many bacterial & fungal
leaf spots, rust, blights. Also controls
algae in turf grass & Moss in live Oaks.
rated: for most ornanentals &
vegetables use between 2 to
6 tsp.Per gallon.
rates vary depending upon use. See label for specific information.
Top reviews from the United States
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
> It actually needs to touch the surface of the plant that is affected---that is, both the top and bottom sides of leaves, and needs to set there for a while. So, spray from multiple angles, and don't apply unless you expect conditions to be dry for say 6 hours or more.
> Can kill or repel snails and slugs, since they are very sensitive to copper.
> I mostly spray it on my citrus and mango trees. For some varieties of mangos it is essential in order for the flowers to set (i.e., develop into fruit). I also paint undiluted copper sulfate on tree wounds (e.g., such as those caused by trimming a limb).
> It is recommended not to use it on orchids or bromeliads---but I've had no choice when I've treated trees which had orchids and bromeliads growing on them--but the orchids and bromeliads seem to tolerate it with no problem.
> Copper sulfate mostly works on the surface of the leaves, kills the surficial fungus, and is washed off with the next rain -- very little is absorbed. Copper sulfate is ineffective against (systemic) fungal infections of the stems or roots, since it is NOT absorbed at significant levels. That means little gets into the fruit or vegetables.
> If you have serious fungus problems on non-fruit trees or other ornamentals (such as roses), you may need a systemic fungicide. I use Monterey Agri-Fos Systemic Fungicide 32oz .
IS COPPER TOXIC?
> Sure, copper is toxic in excessive concentrations. So is virtually every natural chemical element. Salt is sodium chloride (sodium and chlorine), right? --- both of which are VERY toxic. But both sodium and chlorine (both together and separately) are absolutely essential to human health. Copper is also ESSENTIAL to human nutrition --- you can even buy copper supplements on Amzn . The question is the concentration. At the recommended concentrations, copper sulfate is safe to apply and use. At the recommended concentrations, the amount of copper absorbed into fruit and vegetables is negligible. The water pipes in your home are probably copper -- you'll get far higher doses of copper from your drinking water, than you'll ever get from eating tomatoes -- and that copper may be beneficial to your health.
Instruction book on back is very detailed with correct mix ratios for many different plants and trees. Please make sure to wear proper masks to prevent breathing it in. If nothing else don't apply it going against the wind.