|Item Weight||22.9 pounds|
|Product Dimensions||6 x 22 x 32 inches|
|Item model number||HO9291|
|Assembled Height||32 inches|
|Assembled Width||22 inches|
|Assembled Length||6 inches|
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
Fold-Out Convertible Desk - Black
|Price:||$126.09 & FREE Shipping. Details|
Want professional assembly of this product?
- Book the service directly on Amazon
- Receive confirmation within 1 business day
- Pay only when the job is done
- Backed by Amazon's Happiness Guarantee
- Features 3 bill organizers, 2 adjustable shelves, 2 fixed shelves, and 1 corkboard
- Overall: 22" W x 36" D x 58" H (open), 22" W x 6" D x 58" H (closed, mounted); 22" W x 6" D x 32" H (unit only); Writing surface: 30" W x 20" D x 28.75" H; Side shelves: 6" W x 4" D; Top shelf: 20" W x 4" D x 9" H; Drill hole height: 57.5" H
- Clearance between floor and board: 28.5"; Length of stability leg: 27"
- Materials: birch veneer, MDF; Supports up to: 20 lb. (desktop); Approx. weight: 48 lb.
- Convenient wall mount design; Transitional style; Painted black finish
- Assembly required.
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Compare to Similar Items
This item: Fold-Out Convertible Desk - Black
Black Floating Desk with Storage B009U9RLOA
Wall Mount Laptop Desk - Brown Mahogany B005SGL276
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Sold By||Amazon.com||Amazon.com||Amazon.com||Winner Brown|
|Material||Wood||Laminate||Mdf W/ Wood Veneer||Wood and MDF|
|Dimensions||32 inches x 6 inches x 22 inches||39.5 inches x 19.75 inches x 42.25 inches||20 inches x 6 inches x 26 inches||32 inches x 6 inches x 22 inches|
|Item Weight||22.86 pounds||60 pounds||25 pounds||52 pounds|
Please help us improve this feature. Tell us what you think of this feature.
Top Customer Reviews
I bought this for my 9 year old daughter's tiny room. She absolutely loves it -- it is pretty, and what nine year old girl doesn't like a little desk with cubbies that tucks away into the wall? But if you are planning to buy, you should be aware of the following points:
1. This desk is HEAVY, and MUST be secured to studs. In our case, there was exactly one place in my daughter's room where the desk could go, and it didn't line up with the studs. So, we had to purchase 2 lengths of 1x4 and secure those to the studs and screw the desk to the 1x4s -- with the result that the ends of the wood are visible sticking out from behind the desk. We painted them so it is not so noticeable, but still.
2. Once down, the desk itself has a maximum recommended weight of 20lbs. This has not been a problem for my daughter, but I would be leery of letting a smaller child around it who might try to climb or lean on it.
3. The desk is not pure white -- it is off white.
4. If you are not careful, you can get pinched opening and shutting the desk. It hurts!
5. Definitely the dumbest design feature is that the lovely paper slots on the bottom right do not have bottoms. As a result, if you put anything smaller than an 8x10 in there, in can slip right out the bottom.
Having said all of that, I will go back to my original point, that my daughter loves this desk. It has been two months and it is still in perfect condition despite frequent use.
Next problem: the open bottom paper pockets. This is what I plan to do about them because paper will indeed fall right to the bottom and be stuck there. I thought about it and I think I have a solution. I'm planning to buy some of those folders made for file cabinets with the little metal hooks on them. I'll put one in each paper pocket and use white thumb tacks to secure one side to the back of the cabinet and the other side I'll bend over with pliers and tack that to the top ledge of the outreaching pocket board. If you're worried about the holes they can easily be filled with white putty from a hardware store. It might have to be done with a small hammer. I haven't done it yet but I know I can do it.Read more ›
Pros: Handy, space-saving, very attractive, unobstrusive, great height for me (5 ft 2 in tall).
Cons: Veneer is very flimsy. 2 pieces chipped off just from sliding it across storage boxes. As others have said, the bottom file folder thingy doesn't really have a bottom.
As others have said, it does need at least 2 1/2 in screws to get to the studs through the holes given. We used an electric drill with a phillips screwdriver bit, a 3/16" drill bit, three 2 1/2 inch screws, a drywall anchor/screw kit and the drill bit that came with it (for the L bracket below the shelf), and a level/measuring tape/pencil. Took about an hour to get everything done. We ended up having to drill another hole instead of the one given on the bottom left, as it was too far over to the right and too far below the lip of the desk to use, and we used another 2 1/2 inch screw into the stud.
To get it to the correct height, I used the storage bins in the pictures below as a starter, then stacked large books underneath till it was level using my own level. The only things from the enclosed hardware I ended up using were the L bracket & the plastic shelf holder things for the small shelves.
As my parents and I share a house and there isn't really office space for me, so this desk is perfect for my needs. Having fun with it already. Will update if any future problems. Hope this review helps!
Most Recent Customer Reviews
This is a marvelous product. Very well made, sturdy, with an attractive slightly distressed finish that is closer to cherry than to walnut. It's quite beautiful, actually. Read morePublished 1 month ago by Jandtheath
Avery practical unit. Nicer than we expected. It is very useful and looks great.Published 1 month ago by mjshep
This was perfect for my daughter's small bedroom. The only thing i would change would be the paper-holders are pretty narrow, and a different use for the "file" space would... Read morePublished 1 month ago by Always A Lady
This desk is professional enough to be my doctor office desk. It was shipped to me in a short time, and came in perfect, new condition.Published 1 month ago by Justin Nearpass-Pollack