Beauty Best Books of the Year So Far STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Book House Cleaning gotpremiere gotpremiere gotpremiere  Echo $129.99 All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 Kindle Oasis B06ZY5XM7W Water Sports STEMClubToys17_gno

• Customer reviews

Showing 1-10 of 683 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 744 reviews
on January 25, 2015
This is a great little piece of furniture. I am always a little nervous buying something like this online as I prefer see/feel touch/open/close something like this to make sure we like the color, the finish, the solid feel, quality construction and the hardware. I looked at a number of products and sites and settled on this one. We preferred the Warm Brown Walnut.
This is a nicely made jewelry cabinet. The corners are mitered and perfectly aligned. The back is rabbeted in and also nicely aligned. The fit of the door, the finish are all professionally done. This piece is very solid. The door has 3 hinges and they are each adjustable. There is ample room for many pieces of jewelry. The inside is finished with hooks and hangers galore with a velvet backing that is dark and blends nicely with the wood finish, lending an elegant look. One of the reviewers say this is "appears to be high quality particle board...", it is not. It is real wood on the frame. You can tell by inspecting the dado cut for the locking mechanism in the side piece and under the hinges.
I have to say I used my own hardware instead of the supplied. I keep a box of 50 lb and 75 lb EZ Anchors around and used the 75 lb anchors with slightly longer screws. As this is going to be used daily and with the mirrored door out, I have more confidence the weight will be held securely with this better anchors. One of the reviewers say this is "appears to be particle board, it is not. It is real wood.
There are some different configurations for placing jewelry in the various cabinets out there. Guys, you may need your wife's help with selection. Some have more little boxes, some with more hooks. This one has more hooks.
The price is right, it is well packed and arrived without damage. If you not sure which to get-just pull the trigger on this one. You will not be disappointed.
on March 15, 2010
I received my jewelry cabinet quickly and in excellent shape. The product was well-packaged and had no damage during shipment.

I find this cabinet well-constructed and made of quality materials. I can hang necklaces of varying lengths, mount rings in the velvet bars, and hang earrings in the multiple slots.

I give this cabinet a "4" instead of a "5" for the following reasons: I'm a little hesitant to hang post earrings in the cabinet for fear they will drop out. I don't find it particularly convenient to hang bracelets with certain kinds of clasps. The cabinet takes two strong people to mount on the wall; of course, it is also a plus that the cabinet is heavy and well-constructed.

For ease of mounting, I recommend these steps:
1)Roll out a piece of wrapping paper larger than the cabinet and turn it to the back side. Place the cabinet on top of the paper.
2) Trace the outline of the cabinet on the paper with a pencil or pen.
3) Remove the cabinet from the paper and cut out the outline of the cabinet.
4) Turn the cabinet to the back side and lay flat down. Be careful not to put pressure on the mirror.
5) Place the wrapping paper on top of the cabinet, being careful to match the edges exactly.
6) Punch holes through the wrapping paper where the mounting screws go.
7) Tape the wrapping paper template to the wall where you want to hang your cabinet. You now know exactly where the cabinet will be on the wall, and you can put your screws where the holes are in your wrapping paper template. Draw on the wall exactly where your screws need to be, or make starter holes if walls are plaster. Don't forget to put a small piece of tape on the wall to keep plaster from shattering.
8) Check to see that your top screw holes are level.
9) Have a second person so that one can hold the cabinet up (35 lbs.) and the other can put the screws in the wall.
10) Enjoy your new cabinet!
33 comments| 231 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 9, 2017
First off - my wife loves it. For the money it really is very well made and looks nice. For those asking about reversing the layout (so the hinges are on the right) - it *can* be done but is not easy. I removed the panel from the door and flipped it around along with the wooden hangers - that was the easy part. I then using a pry tool from the inside removed the entire back (as the jewelry hangers are glued onto the entire back panel) and carefully separated the entire back panel being careful to not rip the velvet material. After the back panel was entirely removed, I put it back in essentially upside down and used 16 very small screws to re-attach the back panel onto the rest of the box. Hung it up and voila.

On that note - the hardware for hanging in drywall, as others has mentioned, is nonsense - but I knew that just looking at them. Buy yourself some snap-toggles from Home Depot and the box will be nice 'n secure on your wall.

So - it's a great price even if you need to flip it around. Just take your time.
review image
on March 19, 2010
This is a wonderful piece to store jewelry especially if you don't have a lot of space or want to keep things more out of sight. The mirror feature makes it functional all the time.

However that being said the mounting screws and anchors are a joke. I would have given it 5 stars except for this issue. There are 3 screws and anchors and the company says to mount into a stud. At best you would get one screw in a stud and the anchors do not hold the weight for the other two screws. We ended up getting some heavy duty anchors and using them and it hung just fine. The idea is great, but they should have thought of how much weight was going on the wall and found a better mounting system!
on January 20, 2015
I took out an old wall heater and had a nice big hole to fix. Instead I mounted this in the existing hole, patched and a little trim and VIOLA! It's a great cabinet and my wife is thrilled with it. She did say she wishes it had more hooks but I think I can fix that on my own. Some of the other similar products have a few more solid drawers to store things but the dimensions didn't work to mount between studs. Build quality is pretty good too and the mirror has a protective back on it. I expect this will last a very long time!
on February 23, 2015
Solid cabinet overall. Lots of storage, and relatively easy to wall-mount. I have two complaints about it.

One: this has been mentioned in other reviews, is the anchors that come with the cabinet for wall-mounting---they're absurd. Flimsy plastic that I absolutely wouldn't trust on any level. I used my own anchors and achieved stellar results.

Two: Quality control. This cabinet had many crooked necklace hooks inside, but also isn't built square outside. I mounted completely level, but the sides aren't level, so the manufacturing is slightly off. It's not huge, but noticeable. Granted it's still good value, but this kept it from a five star review. I would like to see slightly more time making a refined product, but I know I'll have to spend more for it, and down the road, that'll be acceptable.

For what I paid, and for what I got, overall, I'm satisfied. Will definitely hold my wife's collections for a couple years to come, and she likes the duality of a full-length mirror and the storage capability within. She's happy, which is what matters, right?
on April 17, 2017
This is exactly what I have been looking for! I needed more room for my jewelry and I didn't want a large box sitting on my bedroom floor. After a lot of searching I found this great box for a terrific price! It is very sturdy and comes completely assembled. My husband had it hung on the wall in less than 10 minutes. I love it so much I ordered one for my mom for her birthday!
on June 28, 2012
The jewelry armoire was a bit difficult to mount on the wall. We used larger screws and anchors for extra security. The problem was getting the screws into the anchor holes; I wasn't great at holding it in place.
The mirror is smaller than I expected but does allow me to see my full height at about a foot away, so it is adequate.
The armoire holds most of my jewelry; I now have a much better idea just how much I have! I could have used fewer places for rings since I don't have many and more places for necklaces. (I have been collecting jewelry for something like 50 years.) I have my earrings in fishing fly boxes; they are perfect for that purpose.
on March 1, 2012
The jewelry case is heavier and better made than I thought, even after reading the reviews. I love it.

Hanging
I agree with the other reviews that the anchors that come with it don't seem to be sufficient for the weight so I used some extra anchors I had in the tool box. It seems very secure even though I did not drill any additional holes in the case as some other reviewers have have done and I did not put the anchors into studs, just drywall. The case is heavy and definately takes 2 people to put up. We should have used a power tool to reduce the tired arms holding the case up while the other one put the screws in, but the battery way dead and I was too anxious to put the case up to wait for it to charge. :)

Storage
I picked this case because it has plenty of space for long and/or bulky necklaces and hook earings. The case did not disappoint. This is not a good case if you are looking to store a lot of post earrings. Another review had said somthing about putting their post earings in the earig slots. Out of curiosity I tried that but it made really nervous. It is really easy to knock them out of the little slot, but hook earings seem secure. I think the only decent choice would be to toss them in the removable tray at the bottom of the case, but I find that kinda low. I keep all my post earings in my old small jewlry box on my dresser, which I find to be a better height.

Smell
The case interior had a very strong, very industrial smell when it arrived. I put a couple shot glasses in teh bottom with baking soda in them in the bottom of the case and the smell was mostly gone after a couple days.
on March 12, 2016
I love this armoire. Very good quality and made of solid wood, for the price I was expecting parts to be made of flimsy particle board, but it's very sturdy and all real wood, and the outside has a very nice smooth finish. Arrived quickly and in good shape. I was worried about having such a large mirror shipped but it was very well packaged to protect the glass.