Southern Enterprises Nailhead Cocktail Table Storage Trunk, Espresso Finish
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Lid opens for lots of storage
- Antique gold hardware
- Inside storage - 35in. W by 17in. D by 12in. H
- 37in. W x 20.5in. D x 17.25in. H
Customers who bought this item also bought
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Customers also shopped for
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
From the manufacturer
SEI, Espresso Nailhead Cocktail Table Trunk
With a deep espresso finish and antique gold nail heads this trunk has a worldly appeal. Each nail head is placed at the intersections of the grooved diamond pattern lines that wrap around the body of the trunk. The lid lifts to reveal an extra large storage area that is ideal for pillows, blankets and other household necessities. Durable metal hardware finishes the piece with handles and a decorative padlock latch.
Lid opens for lots of storage
Antique gold hardware
Inside storage - 35 W x 17 D x 12 inches H
Dimensions: 37 W x 20.5 D x 17.25 inches H
Pine veneer over MDF with metal hardware
Espresso stain finish
You've put a lot of care into choosing your furnishings and with continued care you should be able to enjoy them for many years to come. We recommend dusting with a soft dry cloth. Do not use abrasive cleaner. Do not leave spills unattended. Protect from heat and liquids. Keep out of direct sunlight to prevent fading.
Easy-to-follow instructions are included. This ready to assemble furniture costs a fraction of what you'd expect because it ships in an economical flat pack and you do the finished assembly, saving you the cost of factory assembly. In addition to saving you money, assembly is easy and requires only the use of everyday tools. Feel accomplished after you assemble this beautiful piece.
With a deep espresso finish and antique gold nail heads this trunk has a worldly appeal. Each nail head is placed at the intersections of the grooved diamond pattern lines that wrap around the body of the trunk. The nailhead trim ultimately creates a beautiful quilted texture. The lid lifts to reveal an extra-large storage area that is ideal for pillows, blankets and other household necessities. Lid also includes safety hinges prevent to slamming. Durable metal hardware finishes the piece with handles and a decorative padlock latch. Decorative handles add an authentic feel to this piece. Dimensions: Overall: 38.75" W x 21.25" D x 18.75" H; Tabletop: 37.5" W x 20.25" D; Interior storage: 34.25" W x 17" D x 11.5" H (plus 2.25" H in lid); Clearance: 31" W x 13.5" D x 2.75" H. This one-of-a-kind item approximately weighs 61 pounds and can support up to 80 pounds (top), 100 pounds (interior storage). Only quality materials and manufacturing will do. Product materials include: MDF, pine veneer, hardwood, metal. Assembly required. Made in China.
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
1) Wood Finish: The finish is excellent on the sides, however the top isn't quite as nice. The wood parts are veneer over press-board. 4 of 5 stars
2) Metal Hardware Finish and Durability: I thought the metal finish was particularly nice, Its not just painted with a solid paint, but there is still some reflection of the metal surface when light strikes the hardware. Also, I must say that the hardware is durable and appropriate for this trunk. Hinges are adequate, spring closers are also adequate with enough tension that the top lid does not smash down accidentally. All hardware is well thought out and functional and beautiful. The wood screws did not loose their color or finish when installed with an electric drill/driver at minimum tension. 5 of 5 stars
3) Fit: Some of the wood sections are not perfectly fit, but only off enough to see the difference if you look closely. Also some of the pre-drilled holes do not perfectly line up with the hardware, but the screws are wood screws and easily create their own holes. 4 of 5 stars.
4) Durability: The unit uses cam screws and wood dowels to stay in place. I used wood glue for the wood dowels and also used the cam screws like directed. The glue will make the unit more durable in the long run. 5 of 5 stars.
5) Attractiveness: I must say I was very pleased with the trunk and how attractive it is. Actually, its better looking in person than the photograph. 5 of 5 stars.
6) Sturdiness: I have read other reviews that the unit was not as sturdy as they had hoped. Well, found the unit very adequate in that department. However, I do suggest using wood glue when inserting the wood dowels on both ends. When this glue hardens up, and penetrates the wood, the trunk will be very, very sturdy.
7) Short Legs: The wood short legs on this unit are good. However, I have noticed that the wood sides don't perfectly match up, this makes the corner legs seem to fit strange when bolting them on with the two bolts provided. I wouldn't over tighten these, as they could split the short legs. I would suggest an electric screw drill or driver set at the LOWEST tension for all hardware installation.
8) Color: It is a deep mahogany stain with a very very slight red tone. The stain is deep and the finish is also very deep. As mentioned before, I was slightly disappointed that the top didnt have the deep finish that the sides do. But, if it continues to bug me, I will lacquer the top with a few more layers perhaps next spring. The inside color is a rustic brown stain. Its nothing special, but it is dark in color. 4 of 5 stars
9) Instructions: I did notice the instructions were not in perfect English, but they were adequate for installation. In fact, there were no serious errors with the functionality of the instructions. 4 of 5 stars
10) Ease of Installation: All you really need is a Phillips screwdriver, although they supply an Allen wrench /screwdriver combo. I didn't have any problems putting the unit together myself. I took my time and it took about 45 minutes. Just make sure and follow the instructions to put together the two ends to the one side first, then the bottom piece, then the final side. If you do it out of order you'll have problems. The instructions correctly put this in the right order. 5 of 5 stars
11) Other: They do include some nice rubber bumpers for the lid so it closes quietly. The packing was brilliant, but the shipping cardboard was not very durable. Although I had no shipping damage with FedEx, there was some tears on the outside cardboard. This is a heavy shipment, and clearly the cardboard is low on durability. Im sure there have been other customers that have had shipping damage due to the poor cardboard. I gave feedback to the merchant on this.
The size of the trunk is smaller than most full size coffee tables as far as its width and length. The height is standard coffee table height. But I was looking for something to replace my larger coffee table and create a little more open space in my living room. This unit does the trick. What's also amazing is that I use the trunk space to place my small wood TV trays! I can stack 4 in there and even have some space left over!
The only successes Ive had from buying furniture online at Amazon has been from SEI (Southern Enterprises). Buying furniture on Amazon from any other company is just plain silly
So now that I've put all the sides together, which is no easy feat, I can't put the top on because the pre-order drilled holes to attach the top at are in the front & not the back where some intelligent mind should have indicated somewhere in the instructions or on the side panels themselves.
Now I have to take this ridiculous thing apart to put the side panel on the opposite sides so everything lines up. I'm not happy now. It should have been indicated & I shouldn't have to download separate instructions when instructions where sent with the drinking product. NOT HAPPY. SINCE I HAVE TO TAKE IT APART I MIGHT SEND IT BACK.
The two holes you see in the first picture soul be in the back. But nothing in the packaging nor instructions indicate this.