Industrial Deals HPC Best Books of the Year Holiday Dress Guide nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Listen for a chance to win PCB for Musical Instruments $34.99 for a limited time only Handmade Gift Shop Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon MMM MMM MMM  Echo Devices starting at $29.99 Save $30 on All-New Fire HD 8. Limited-time offer. $20 off Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

Customer reviews

The Southern Harmony and Musical Companion
Format: Audio CD|Change
Price:$4.00+ $3.99 shipping

on July 31, 2010
Though I really really like Shake Your Moneymaker, Southern Harmony and Musical Companion shall forever be the high water mark for this great band. You start off with Sting Me, an up-tempo groovy blues rock song and you think you're in for another solid album. Then in comes Remedy and you realize this album is a lot more than what you bargained for... To complete the knockout, you have what is possibly my favorite Crowes song, Thorn In My Pride... a song I would definitely put in my top 100 songs in my life. Yes, it is that good. And just when you were wondering where the slow blues number is lurking, track #4 gives you Bad Luck Blue Eyes Goodbye. Add to this the slow tempo blues perfection of Sometimes Salvation and you realize this is one of the best modern blues rock albums available period. The entire album is just a delight to listen to and you're doing yourself a disservice if you don't shell out $8 for a slice of rock greatness.
on June 15, 2017
My mother wanted it as a gift, loves this CD of theirs and enjoys it frequently now. She does not like their other collection so glad I got this.
on March 29, 2017
No one will ever be the Black Crowes again. What are great band. Still one of my favorite jams.
on March 10, 2017
great way to get older releases
on May 17, 2017
on December 30, 2016
Great CD, love the Black Crowes. This is one of those albums that you just put in and let play until the last song is over. This is probably my favorite Crowes album they ever produced! Must have for any BC fan, or anyone looking to get try their music out for the first time.
on April 20, 2015
The album starts off strong with"Sting Me" and "Remedy," the best song here. The pace cools a bit with "Thorn in My Pride" until it kicks back up with "Hotel Illness," "Black Moon Creeping," "No Speak No Slave," and "My Morning Song." It ends with a slow-tempo rendition of Bob Marley's "Time Will Tell." This is definitely worth it for any fan of the Crowes' early music.
on March 8, 2015
the best cd front to back I've ever owned.
on May 29, 2017
Classic Black Crowes sound! Great album!
on January 3, 2016
Slightly better than the debut that opened everyone's eyes, as it is more consistent and the highs are just as high...Best Songs, "Sting Me", "Remedy", "Thorn in My Pride", "Hotel Illness", and "No Speak No Slave"