Amazon Business World Book Day STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Samsung S8 Launch Starting at $39.99 Luxury Beauty Handmade Mother's Day Gifts hgg17 Book House Cleaning Bosch Bosch Bosch  All-New Echo Dot Starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Now disgotg_gno_17

Format: Hardcover|Change
Price:$7.54+ $3.99 shipping

Showing 1-10 of 262 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 361 reviews
on February 2, 2013
I am a reader of Danielle Steele 's books for three decades having read every one of her books. This book was the first time I was disappointed in her work and almost did not finish the book. I am a born and bred southerner and was insulted by the depiction of the ways of the South described in the storyline. It is apparent that D. Steele is not from the South as some of her characterizations are biased and misunderstood. It further amazed me that she portrayed the North and northerners in such a way that was glorified while putting down and perpetuating stereotypes of the South that were negative. I was disappointed as even though this is fictional work it was insulting to one who truly does know the true southern way and Charleston.
on April 22, 2017
I enjoyed this book and it's many varied characters. The heroine is a smart woman with a relaxed view of life after a sad marriage in her early life. I would recommend the book to friends, especially the uptight ones, with the hope they would learn to relax and look at what they have in a new light.
on March 5, 2017
It would have been a good book, but Ms. Steel kept trashing the South and Southerners, calling us hypocritical and uptight. Not too mention the falsehood - southern women say" bless her heart" to people we hate. Not true, we say it with sympathy and compassion.
on April 7, 2017
Love this novel. ..like all Danielle Steele 's books..
on March 3, 2017
Everything I expected.....
on March 2, 2014
I love Danielle Steele books and have read almost all of them. Until this one - it actually bored me and I quit reading it about 1/3 of the way through. Not up to her usual high standards.
on March 10, 2017
I lived the suspense, and romance. As always Steel paints pictures of the South and of the characters. It was excellent.
on June 3, 2015
I am a big Danielle Steel fan - I love most of her books
on March 20, 2017
loved it
on June 1, 2010
Don't let my one star rating fool you - I only gave that much because I found no grammatical or spelling errors in the book. That alone deserves at least one star.

Having said that, as a long time fan of Danielle Steel, I am profoundly disappointed in her disinterest in writing. The past few books have been a tremendous letdown, and I'm shocked. One of two things happened: either I have outgrown her style of writing, or she has gotten lazy and unimaginative.

This reader is insulted by her weak attempt in writing about the South. As someone who has travelled all over the United States, and lived on both sides of the Mason-Dixon line, I'm embarrassed FOR Danielle Steel - she clearly has no concept on real southern living. If I had to read the phrase "Bless Her Heart" one more time, I felt that I very well would have to stab myself in the eye.

Take a break from writing Danielle Steel - its time to let reality visit you and allow your readers to lick our wounds from this latest embarrassing attempt at writing - we're wounded because you assumed we had a third grade education and a complete disregard for our very realistic and very diverse cultural exposures.

Retire - take a vacation, or better yet, retire. Please.