Amazon Business Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Limited time offer Luxury Beauty March Birthstone Book House Cleaning heera heera avfly_channel_heera  All-New Echo Dot Starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now STEM

Subscription Length: 1 year auto-renewal|Change
Price:$14.95+ Free shipping

Showing 1-10 of 480 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 536 reviews
on November 28, 2012
Southern Living is (or was) an institution in the south. Real southerners know that the magazine as it appears today does not refect its wonderful heritage and is the product of a magazine takeover. When you look at the December issue are are advised that red Christmas decor is so "yesterday" and hum-drum, there is your clue that the fashionistas and their cooler-than-thou staffers have taken it down a very different path. Yes, there are some fun and fresh elements that I can appreciate as a 30-something female; Yet, the magazine lacks the soul and genuine southern vibe that it once had. When every other article uses the word "southern" in the title in an effort to convince us dolts that this is what "real" southerners should do, you know that the writers are desperately trying to seem like they are heart-of-Dixie folk. It kind of reminds me of the person who tells everyone how humble they are...

So, if you're a transplant living in the south, you may think this is very southern. If you are 25 and looking for a lifestyle magazine with some cutesy southern details, this may do for you as well. But if you were born in the south, love southern elegance and don't wish to be tutored in the ways of hipster thinking, then I would take a pass on this magazine.
on March 16, 2017
Love the stories, and the recipes are always awesome. This is one of my faves. Will continue to subscribe.
on March 22, 2017
Nice magazine, great photos, too many advertisements.
on March 4, 2017
Very good magazine month after month. Thanks!
on March 6, 2017
I don't remember getting or even ordering it. I wish I had....I really like southern livingl
on March 1, 2017
Bought as a gift for my wife. She loves it!
on March 24, 2017
Only got one month's copy
on January 2, 2016
I still subscribe... Mostly because of the recipes, but I could probably just buy the annual collection in book form and skip the magazine, if the current trend continues. The paper is thinner, there are fewer pages and the "southern" design ideas have been getting downright UGLY. Seriously. I used to pour over the magazine like a design bible, but for quite awhile now I've found myself recoiling in horror at the "ideas" they've come up with. This past year has been the worst. They have left their roots. I cancelled my one other magazine subscription to Better Homes and Gardens last year because their design style had gotten way too modern and cheap looking. I never thought my beloved Southern Living would go in that direction, but it has. After reading for more than 20 years, I probably won't renew.
on November 4, 2014
I've been a subscriber for years, but am considering dropping my subscription. Southern Living has moved out of the reality realm for the average reader. I enjoyed the magazine when I could find practical ideas for enhancing my home, garden and kitchen. Recommendations today include expensive makeup and clothing - $35 lipstick and $500 shoes! The editors need to look to the past.
on September 28, 2011
I've been a SL subscriber for years. Every Southern woman has to have it. It took a dip in quality in the past five years, but with a new editor the content is becoming more abundant. I look forward to it each month! Purchasing magazines through Amazon are often a lot cheaper than the offers you will get directly from the company. I even tried to renew one year asking SL to match the price that Amazon was offering, but they wouldn't do it.