Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Southern Living No Taste Like Home: A Celebration of Regional Southern Cooking and Hometown Flavor
Amazon Vehicles Buy 2 kids' books and save Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Britney Spears Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Totes Summer-Event-Garden Amazon Cash Back Offer ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports

on October 17, 2013
The title says "a celebration regional southern cooking" but then the first recipe is "Mema's Mandelbrot" and the second recipe is "Tandoori Chicken", one has must wonder exactly to which continent the "southern" part applies. I don't mind when the recipe name is explained by using the Yiddish root words if the "southern" actually means southern Mideast Asia. There is page after page of the wonders of a particular region so if you are looking for a tour guide, this book might have some interest for you. I was interested in a book of recipes however and this book just does not cut it.
on November 13, 2013
Covers many different avenues of good food and gives great detail regarding preparation and end product. Whether you are preparing food for your family or a special event all aspects of any event are well covered.
on December 12, 2013
The most interesting cookbook I have ever read. My son is a chef and I buy him cookbooks for Christmas every year. It's hard to find just the right one as we read them from cover to cover. This one has it all. He's southern and cooks for movie actors and this book is so interesting. So much so, I'll be purchasing my own copy.
on October 9, 2013
This is one of the best cookbooks I have received, and I do love all the Southern Living cookbooks. But this one is my favorite. It goes above and beyond for things that I like. I read them and mark recipes after a long day at work, so when I arrived home yesterday, 10-8, I was thrilled to see this one had arrived. Immediately it got my attention. It was super relaxing to sit and read through, and of course I was marking nearly every recipe in the book to make. <GRIN> But it is just fabulous! It's like taking a trip all across the Southern Section of the USA, learning about some places you would love to visit, like small cafes, etc., and their recipes are just as enticing.

This will be first and foremost in my favorites lined up on the bookshelf, and one I will refer to all the time. It is definitely more than a 5 Starr cookbook, and one I will always keep around. And I plan on relaxing with this book some more tonight. ,>)
on January 10, 2014
This is such a wonderful book. It is not only a cookbook with great recipes but it is also a great history and geography book. I am reading it thru page by page.
on January 21, 2014
I absolutely love the book. I have tried five recipes in one week. The recipes were easy to follow. Some a few more ingriedents than I would normally use, but the flavores were great. I love the different catagories of the book. This book gave me the opportunity to experiement with different dishes. I had a gathering of friends over and all wated to know if they could take a plate home.
on December 30, 2013
Wonderful Cook Book- My favorite are the stories about the southern cities and of course the wonderful recipes. This will be the gift I give this year to girlfriends for birthdays! Love it!
on November 19, 2013
Completely SOUTHERN! I bought two of these to give to two of my nieces who are newly married and new moms! It's a perfect gift for a Southern Belle, whether she has moved away or still living in the South!
on December 28, 2013
I purchased this cookbook as a Christmas gift for my wife. She loves it! Whether you are from the South or not, you will love the recipes in this cookbook.
on December 27, 2013
The recipes in this cookbook are easy to follow and favorites because of the results. If you like good food this is a good book.