Industrial Deals Best Books of the Year Black Friday Deals Week nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc New album by us the duo Electronics Gift Guide Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon soul2soul soul2soul soul2soul  Three new members of the Echo family All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 All-New Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

on January 4, 2013
I love space calendar's and bought this calendar two or three years ago and order a space calendar every year. Imagine my surprise when I opened this one up and found out it was the exact same photographs used from 2 or 3 years ago! I am not happy and want to return it but I don't want to go thru the hassle of returning this calendar. Its hard to believe that Scientific American couldn't find more than 12 photographs of the ENTIRE FREAKING UNIVERSE!!!
21 helpful votes
22 helpful votes
11 comment|Report abuse
on February 24, 2013
Over the past couple months I have been immersing myself in everything astronomy. This is just one more awesome reminder of what is up there to see. One commenter posted that these were the same pictures as an earlier edition, which doesn't bother me, as this was my first copy. It will be worth keeping an eye on those reviews for future editions however.
2 helpful votes
on May 8, 2013
Great photos of the universe. Everything from a supernova remnant to a more familiar photo of the Red Planet, Mars; this calendar is amazing. I'm in love with space and the universe, and each month has been wonderful to see hanging on my wall. I think it is a very worthy calendar for those who appreciate astronomy, or just love the beauty of space. The historical and educational information peppered in as captions for the photos, and relevant dates on the calendars themselves are really interesting and make for more than just a simply pretty page.
on April 23, 2013
Absolutely fantastic!!! This has just about everything scientific you might ever want to know. Has the births and deaths of some of the most scientific minds and scientific events in history.
on May 5, 2013
I bought this to bump up a purchase to the "free shipping" amount and because I needed a wall calender for writing down appointments, etc. for the family. I have to say the picture selection is pretty mediocre given the vast amount of images from Hubble, etc. that are available. I'm pretty sure everyone's already seen the Cat's Eye nebula, etc. Show some new ones!
on January 28, 2013
We didn't have a calendar for 2013 and where using one of those bamboo ones that our local chinese food place gave out. We like to write on our calendars and I was looking for something nice to hang in our office. My wife and I love space photo's so this was perfect. Great shots and very colorful.
on April 8, 2013
Bought this calendar for my boy friends birthday and he loves to read all of the historical facts that are date specific, and he looks forward to each months new facts. The pictures are also very interesting to look at and makes you want to learn more about what you are seeing.
on July 31, 2013
Each time I turn and enter a birthday or occasion on this calendar, I find myself contemplating our little cosmic condition here on Earth and with these amazing photos, I understand, there is something out there greater than us and our small, swirling mass!
on July 21, 2013
Disappointed, I've had these before and loved them. And buying it in June with a shocking amount of postage and bad packing so it was squished into a too-small box, made it an absurdly expensive proposition. Altogether, pretty much a waste of money.
on January 28, 2013
It's truly wonderful to see beauty in space. I love the images and am very grateful that someone can produce what I would never be able to experience with the naked eye. It reminds me of the vastness that is so often hidden by the normal everyday cycle of our lives.