Industrial Deals Beauty MagazinestoInspire STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning TheTick TheTick TheTick  Introducing Echo Show Limited-time offer: All-New Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $79.99 Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

• Customer reviews

Showing 1-10 of 33 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 37 reviews
on September 24, 2012
I originally bought this chair because it was the highest reviewed mesh chair that I could afford on Amazon. What I really wanted was the Herman Miller Aeron chair that currently runs for about $870 for their base model. These chairs were in every library at my undergrad institution and I fell in love with them. Lacking the necessary money on a grad student stipend, however, I opted for this chair.

Pros:
- It DOES have a nice mesh backing. I am really pleased with the contour at the lower back.
- It has adjustable armrests. They aren't quite as nice as on the Aeron chair, as they adjust into pre-marked grooves rather than anywhere you could possibly want them.
- It seems like a very sturdy chair. I've only had it for a week, but it seems like it could take a beating.

Cons:
- The chair doesn't go low enough. I am 5 feet tall. No more, no less. If I sit all the way back, my feet do not touch the floor.
- Another way this chair doesn't accommodate short people is that the chair base is too long. If I sit forward, I have no problem touching the floor, but that defeats the purpose of an ergonomic chair.
- The seat is not completely mesh. It is a mesh-covered pad. As such, my butt still gets sore if I sit here too long because I had a pilonidal surgery 8 months ago. I did not have this problem with the Aeron chair. In fact, I would often go to campus while I was recovering because I could sit for hours without any pain, unlike my chair at home. It just doesn't provide much support.
- The chair overall isn't very adjustable. I can't set it to tilt back at all, for instance. It does rock back if you are tall enough and put a lot of pressure on the back. Otherwise, you're stuck.

To fix the "we don't think short people exist" issue, I bought a Kensington SoleMate Plus Footrest with SmartFit System (search for it - I got it for $32.75). That footrest will adjust up to 5 inches (my feet dangle about 4.5 inches from this chair) and has enough space for both of my feet to rest comfortably so that I can fully sit back in this chair and take advantage of the lower back support of this chair. It DOES NOT, however, take all of the pressure off of my tail bone area, so I still have some discomfort if I don't continually remind myself to sit back (rather than lean forward at all).

This chair is probably a better bet for taller people. When I bought this chair, my fiance wanted one too, so we bought two. He hasn't had any complaints with his, other than the wheels move too easily on our non-carpeted floor.

Overall, I wouldn't buy it again because the fact that the base is too long, the chair doesn't go low enough, and the seat is not completely mesh make it somewhat uncomfortable for me. But every body is different - try this out in person first if you are able.
44 comments| 51 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 4, 2015
First off, the chair is brutal on the lumbar area of the spine; really forces it out, which creates a lot of stress and pain.
Second, the seat of the chair is VERY deep. I'm 6' and with my butt all the way back, I could barely get my knees to flex 90 degrees. This puts pressure on the back of the knee which is NOT a good thing.
Third, if I slid my butt forward to get a more comfortable knee position, there was zero support on the lower back which would cause a rolling of the lower back. Not good.

Lastly, I made the mistake of buying this version, not the Amazon Prime version. Now I'm stuck with a crappy chair unless I want to pay a ton for return shipping and then lose 30% to restocking. Yeah, 30%. DO not buy this model from this seller. Maybe test out the Amazon Prime version so you have some safety on your investment if it doesn't work for you.
on September 15, 2016
Overall, this chair is comfortable and easy to assemble, but after 8 months, the piston that controls the up and down of the chair will not keep the chair down after I get out. I find it very agitating that I have to readjust the chair every time I get up and go somewhere. For what I spent on the chair I would expect such things to be better quality.
on March 12, 2013
I spent the summer in an office job sitting in this chair and absolutely had to buy my own when my old chair broke.

The mesh design of both the back and the seat has a comfortable amount of support and the curved seat prevents pressure points in my legs I get from some other chairs. The arm rests are also comfortable and securely adjustable and made of some sort of high density plastic foam which I believe to be splash proof. I also like how the reclining action moves the back more than the seat. The open mesh design is also very breathable. Add to that the lifetime warranty and I may never buy another chair.
on March 25, 2014
I dont love this chair - I ended up not using the arm rests because they dont let me scooch under the desk the way I like to. Also, as many reviews mentioned, the seating part is quite long, forcing the back of my legs to touch the support. I now use a cushion behind my back which has helped (chair actually causing a bit of back pain!).

So yeah, havent returned it but would certainly not recommend this chair. I saw a bungee chair in Container Store for the same price that is probably significantly more comfortable.
on June 30, 2015
Love love love the chair! I have been looking for an home office chair, thought I might have to spend over $600 to get a good one. I am so happy to find this chair. I am 5 feet 6, the height is perfect for me. The chair is very comfortable and sturdy. Love the mesh back and seat, exactly what I am looking for. I used to have a leather chair that I got from IKEA. It gets too hot in summer. The adjustable arm rests are also comfy. Overall, I am very pleased with the purchase.
on December 8, 2012
The chair is comfortable to sit in. Unfortunately, if one tries to lean back, the chair will attempt to escape from out from under the sitting person. Fiddling with the tilt adjust knob does not make it easier to tilt back.

In addition, the armrests wobble and there is no upper back support.

The instructions are not entirely correct regarding the presence of Philips screws and the packaging is a bit slapdash with sloppy tape jobs and weak cardboard.

Update (March 2013):

The tilt lock frequently engages itself so that one cannot tilt back on a whim.
on September 10, 2012
This chair is excellent quality for the price, for sure, but it's better suited for taller people. I'm 5'4" and had difficulty getting comfortable until I removed the armrests so I could properly slide under the desk - even then, I can just barely bend my knees properly. The lumbar support isn't adjustable so if you're short, that'll be another issue.

Assembly was incredibly easy, but I recommend deciding whether or not you want the armrests before putting it together since the pump handle gets in the way otherwise.
on June 17, 2013
Simply put: this is a great chair. I'll never cross over into the category of person who's willing to pay $800 for a chair, but I'd had my fill of $80 "bargains" from the retail chains. This chair strikes an excellent balance between style, comfort and price. It was simple to assemble and, after a week or so of long hours at an audio mixing console, has proven itself both comfortable and durable (6-ft, 200 lb. male). Plus, it looks like a chair costing 3 or 4 times as much. I'm considering getting a second one for the home office. I highly recommend this product.
on February 13, 2013
I love this chair, its really comfortable and its super supportive. I have pressure point issues with other chairs and this chair makes that a none issue. Im 6' tall and it supports my back and arms just right. I would be 3 times over. Great chair!!