- File Size: 1058 KB
- Print Length: 270 pages
- Simultaneous Device Usage: Unlimited
- Publisher: Zertex Books (November 28, 2016)
- Publication Date: November 28, 2016
- Sold by: Amazon Digital Services LLC
- Language: English
- ASIN: B01M1RA6OU
- Text-to-Speech: Enabled
- Word Wise: Enabled
- Lending: Enabled
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #19,387 Paid in Kindle Store (See Top 100 Paid in Kindle Store)
|Print List Price:||$12.99|
Save $9.00 (69%)
Space Team: The Wrath of Vajazzle Kindle Edition
|Length: 270 pages||Word Wise: Enabled||Enhanced Typesetting: Enabled|
|Page Flip: Enabled||
Matchbook Price: $0.99
For thousands of qualifying books, your past, present, and future print-edition purchases now lets you buy the Kindle edition for $2.99 or less. (Textbooks available for $9.99 or less.)
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Customers who bought this item also bought
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
Top Customer Reviews
“Wow, that’s impressive. Was that the Force? That was totally the Force, wasn’t it? Join me. Together we can rule the galaxy as father and son.”
The series follows the adventures of Cal Carver, the last surviving human in the galaxy, and his crew of misfit toys as they galavant around the cosmos, righting the wrongs of the universe, in the starship, Shatner. Just one look at their covers and it’s obvious that these books are about a team of people in space. I mean, it should be. The words “Space Team” take up the top quarter of each cover. It’s also equally obvious that these are not your average sci-fi books. Part science fiction adventure and part ridiculous comedy, the Space Team books have a Red Dwarf/Douglas Adams-esque feel to them. You get the feeling that the author didn’t take any of it serious when he was writing them.
“Dude, you just punched an old woman right in the face.”
Hutchison has assembled a diverse and colorful cast of characters that really work well together. Cal is the never serious type of guy that no employer wants dealing with the public. He is a Van Wilder type character that never shuts his mouth, especially when it would be appropriate to do so. Miz is the sarcastic wolf-girl who rebells against her parents and their way of life. Loren is the moderately attractive and competent pilot of the group. Think Mary Ann in space. Mech is multi-tool tin man of the group. Turn his dial one way and he is the smartest guy in the galaxy, but barely has enough strength to breath. Turn it the other way and he is a nearly mindless doomsday machine. Finally, rounding out the party is Splurt. He doesn’t say much. They truly are their own version of the Island of Misfit Toys. I only wish Hutchison would write in a cowboy who rides an ostrich. Oh well, I still two or three books to go, so I can only hope.
“The plan is that we’re going to go find that ugly two-faced space witch and test out the torpedoes.”
I rate Space Team: The Wrath of Vajazzle four out of five stars. While I didn’t find it as funny as the first book, it’s still a hilarious read. The overall plot was stronger and more developed, which is really what keeps me in a sci-fi series anyway. I still found myself asking, why am I reading this in the first place, but Hutchison kept me laughing and kept me reading.
But that's not why I loved this book as much as I did and even more so than the first Space Team. I loved it because we get a better understanding of the main characters, of who they are and why they act the way they do. This is especially true of Cal and Miz. It was touching to see a little of their backstory and it was handled well enough and mixed with enough action, plot, and humor that I was never bored or felt like the author was info-dumping. My only gripe is it needed more Splurt! But all in all, if you liked Space Team, you'll love Space Team 2. And I can't wait for book 3.
*I received a free copy for a chance to leave an honest review.*
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Set up an Amazon Giveaway
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Literature & Fiction > Humor & Satire > Humorous
- Books > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Science Fiction > Exploration
- Books > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Science Fiction > Galactic Empire
- Books > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Science Fiction > Military > Space Fleet
- Books > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Science Fiction > Space Opera
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Humor & Entertainment > Humor > Parodies
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Humor & Satire > General Humor
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Humor & Satire > Satire
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Science Fiction > Galactic Empire
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Science Fiction > Military > Space Fleet
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Science Fiction > Space Exploration
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Science Fiction > Space Opera