Amazon Vehicles Beauty STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Gifts for Dad Shop Popular Services twinpeaksv2 twinpeaksv2 twinpeaksv2  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Oasis National Bike Month on Amazon toystl17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 400 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 483 reviews
on July 22, 2016
I've put a hundred hours plus on this ball;
all on outdoor concrete playground courts.
You can see the wear on it, but no tear.
The printed logo is worn down and half as bright,
but still 100% readable. The pebbles are worn down but not smooth,
and not a nick, scratch or peel in sight.
You want a tuff-skin ball? Get this one. It's outlasted 2 similar balls,
and it's just getting broken in like a comfortable pair of jeans.
This is the ball I made 7-3's in a row with.
I'll buy another one, but probably not till '18.
on March 24, 2015
This was a gift for a neighbor boy who is about 14 years old. The boy loves to play basketball and shoots baskets in his driveway about every day. His old ball wore out--we found it in our yard almost deflated and so used that the paint on the logo was about gone. He was thrilled to get a new ball.
on November 5, 2013
Have had this basketball for quite a few months now, and love it. Feels good in hands, good grip, and very durable. I play both indoors and outdoors, and the ball plays well on both courts. Of course it is much better suited for indoor use, but what basketball isn't. If you primarily play outside, this is a good choice due to price, and quality of the synthetic leather used. In all the months I've been playing, it's still looking almost brand new, where as other balls I've used in the past quickly took on tears. This is a good pick for both types of play, outside or in, and certainly a good deal for the price. I would recommend this ball for it's quality, price, and how it plays well on any type of surface. Unless you primarily play indoors, in which you should consider a full leather basketball, this is the best deal.
on May 13, 2017
The ball is pretty good quality and has a good bounce. For an indoor ball this would be pretty good, but outdoors it tends to pick up a lot of dust/dirt, which makes it very slippery. It's alright for a few minutes, but as soon as it gets dirty it starts to lose grip. I bought this with the intention of mostly using it outdoors, where it's almost always going to be getting some dust and dirt on it, so it's not ideal.

If you're just shooting around by yourself you can still grip it alright, but trying to make any quick movements with it can be difficult. It's not like it constantly goes flying out of your hands, but it's definitely noticeable and not a good game-ball on some courts.
on December 19, 2016
My grandson loves it. His last Spalding professionsl level basket ball disappered when his friend left it outside the church door so he doesn't lend this one out unless he is right there on the playground.
on March 16, 2015
We purchased this Spalding basketball for our son in December of 2013. It was a great basketball at first but the composite cover doesn't hold up well to the elements over time. It might be better if it was stored indoors but we don't do that. I'm attaching a photo with this ball and a Nike Indoor/Outdoor basketball that is about 2 years older than the Spalding and both have been stored outside in the same place. You be the judge.
review image
33 comments| 156 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 5, 2017
I bought this ball for my son who loves basketball. He has some he uses inside and some he uses outside.
on January 15, 2014
The grip is amazing and I can shoot this ball better than any other, but I haven't used it in a actual regulation game.
I was playing Pick Up ball not too long ago and people started complaining about how slippery the ball was.
If your hands are sweaty the ball does lose a noticeably amount of grip.
Besides that I do love this basketball.
on May 17, 2017
You have to keep filling it with air every time you use it. It's a really hassle. My son needed it for a camp we used it 3 day...so I felt like I shouldn't return it.
on May 11, 2017
It's a great basketball. I'm using it outside on a dirt/clay court. It's perfect for me.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.