Spalding NBA Street Phantom Official Outdoor Basketball
|Item Diameter||29.5 Inches|
|Age Range (Description)||Adult|
|Item Weight||1 Pounds|
About this item
- Official NBA size and weight: Size 7, 29.5 inches
- High performance rubber cover with Soft Grip Technology
- Sponge rubber design
- Shipped inflated and game ready
- Designed for outdoor play
Customers who bought this item also bought
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Customers also viewed these products
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question may be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who purchased this item, who are all part of the Amazon community.
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Please enter a question.
From the manufacturer
Spalding NBA Street Phantom Outdoor Basketball
A type of basketball where the entire outer surface is produced together with the molding of the carcass. This technique is used with our outdoor basketballs.
Carcass and Cover Provides structure for the inner components. With high-end rubber balls, a coat of paint is applied to enhance a better grip and look.
- Cover provides good grip, feel and aesthetic appeal to the ball as well as necessary strength and abrasion resistance.C
- arcass provides structure for the inner components.
Take your love of the game outdoors with the Spalding NBA Street Phantom Basketball. Built for concrete courts and asphalt arenas, this outdoor ball has a durable sponge rubber construction equipped to handle weeks of Sundays at the park. The sponge rubber design gives it a softer feel than your average outdoor ball and provides a superior level of grip making it easier to palm. Its deep channels help you get your fingers aligned without a thought, so you can fully focus on your quick release over your defender and the ball ripping the net. Play like you mean it with the Spalding NBA Street Phantom Basketball.
- Is Discontinued By Manufacturer : No
- Product Dimensions : 9.4 x 9.75 x 9.8 inches; 1 Pounds
- Item model number : 71022
- Department : Unisex-adult
- Date First Available : March 6, 2015
- Manufacturer : Spalding
- ASIN : B00UVQ4162
Best Sellers Rank:
#1,558 in Sports & Outdoors (See Top 100 in Sports & Outdoors)
- #6 in Sports Fan Basketballs
- Customer Reviews:
Top reviews from the United States
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
But Spalding.. please release this ball in a color other than black (or pink I should say too). People play in the evenings and even on lit courts no one wants to use a black ball when there's low visibility. Also in the summer: black + rubber = hot ball = sweaty hands. Not fun to play with.
The only thing about it is if you go to a park people often opt to play with more regular balls but they're wrong this ball outperforms any outdoor ball I've felt. Can't speak to its durability yet cause I just got it
1. Official size.
3. Already pumped up to proper pressure.
4. Holds pressure well.
5. Rubber surface, so you get better grip.
6. Perfectly balanced (no wobbling when you spin it...a wobble means that there is irregularities in the wall of the ball with one side being heavier than the other).
1. It isn't leather (ergo, why it can hold up to a rough concrete surface and show little wear, so not really a con unless you want an indoor ball).
2. The rubber surface is a pro but also a con. It might give better grip, but gives less feedback and touch compared to a quality leather ball, or maybe not. Maybe I'm just getting old and I haven't played in such a long time that my touch and feel is not what they used to be.
OK, I really wanted to get back into b-ball after years away from it, so I got a new backboard. I still had my old ball but it was worn out and, being leather, wasn't really suited for my rough concrete driveway. I knew it would shred and be almost useless in no time. This came up for sale and let me tell you...it is great! It is durable enough for hard outdoor play on rough surfaces and should last a long time with smooth surfaces, indoors, or surfaces that have some covering/painting done to them. The ball came pre-inflated to the correct pressure, and even after several months of use, it has maintained the pressure well (I haven't had a reason to pump air into it yet...we'll see how it is next year as it will sit in the garage all winter). The surface is rubber and this works both for it and against it. The rubber gives really good grip (a good wash and dry and you are good to go) and I can palm this ball when it is fresh (I am only 5'9"), but I just didn't "feel" the ball as well as I did with leather basketballs. This might not be the fault of the rubber surface...it could just mean that I am older and that I have been away from the sport for such a long time.
All in all, you can't go wrong if you want this ball for outdoor play.
Top reviews from other countries
This Basketball is a dedicated outdoor Bal; it comes properly inflated and both the feel and look is perfect for ball handling, holding and gripping. I find that my son and I don’t loose our grip because the elevated round rubber dots; provide you’re hand a proper and firm grip with very minimal slipping. This is a great Basketball for your kids if they want to really practice on dribbling, shooting and ball handling.
The colours are vibrant and I love the black and yellow contrast; very eye catchy. The best part of this Basketball; you can bounce it on the grass and it won’t even miss a step; which is perfect.
I bought this on Sale during Amazon Prime for a really good price: no regrets. I should of bought another one; because I really enjoy playing with this Basketball.