Truck Season Automotive HPC Best Books of the Month Men's slip on sneakers nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Electronics Gift Guide Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Shop by look Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheGrandTour TheGrandTour TheGrandTour  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now SWMTVT18_gno

on June 1, 2016
Excellent book for someone in the health care field. My wife is a nurse who has to give patients instructions in Spanish everyday. This book comes in very handy for her. She loves it.
8 people found this helpful
on January 25, 2017
Excellent. For the past 15 years I have bought 2-3 copies per year to give to students on our medical missions to Ecuador or the Dominican Republic. And they have used it, and given me good reviews! This has a very good balance of what's needed on such trips. It's a large-format paperback though, and I wish the newer editions had remained the smaller size of the older ones for traveling purposes.
4 people found this helpful
on May 22, 2017
helped me with my job more than you know, and I'm so glad I found this book
3 people found this helpful
on July 19, 2017
Very helpful. It's great to have the pronunciation spelled out.
on January 25, 2017
use frequently at an inner city hosptial
on December 7, 2017
This book is a very good learning tool, to use in class or study it alone. I benefited from this book. I would recommend it to anyone who is pursuing Spanish for health care professionals.
on December 13, 2016
So far so good!
One person found this helpful
on February 19, 2011
It seems I've been studying Spanish most of my life--and I'm a senior citizen. This book is particularly helpful for medical "situations" such as "Where does it hurt?" "What is the intensity of the pain?" and the like.
12 people found this helpful
on August 18, 2013
Especially if you're a doctor, nurse, or front desk receptionist. It really goes into detail on how to handle situations during an emergency. It's a very useful book.
3 people found this helpful
on August 3, 2012
I used this book as a primer for my medical missions trip to Colombia. It was excellent for me, a complete non-Spanish speaker. I was able to get my points across and listen to medical concerns that patients had. I highly recommend this for beginners with very little background in Spanish.

The book also has very handy hints and idioms for those who know Spanish, but not medical Spanish.
15 people found this helpful