Industrial Deals Beauty Save up to 90% on textbooks STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning kidsevergreen kidsevergreen kidsevergreen  Amazon Echo now $99.99 Limited-time offer: All-New Fire 7, starting at $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 59 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 74 reviews
on July 29, 2007
"Vamos a Jugar" is an extremely welcome addition to the set of (suprisingly limited) tools available for parents who wish to teach their kids Spanish. While efforts by shows like "Dora" and "Dragon Tales" to include Spanish language content are positive, the occasional word or phrase does little beyond letting kids know that other languages exist. The immersion philosophy behind the Whistlefritz videos is a quantum leap forward. The genius is in the simplicity of the concept -- take characters, skits, games and songs largely familiar to kids and present them purely in Spanish rather than English, guessing (correctly) that kids will be able to follow the storylines and pick up the vocabulary quickly. Perhaps just as importantly, the entertainment, novelty and challenge levels are more than high enough to keep our 3 and 5 years olds fully engaged. "Los Animales" (the first video) has been part of the permanent rotation in our DVD player for months with no signs of displacement anytime soon; very happy to see a second video added to the mix and looking forward to more. Highly recommend this great new product.
on March 16, 2011
I have 1 year old twins who were enrolled in a weekly Spanish class when they were 18 months old. I wanted something that I could use at home to continue their exposure to the language outside of the classroom. I have reviewed many programs and this is by far the best. My children would come home each day, point to the TV and say "mouse" at 19 months old because they love the series. The Spanish on all of the Whistlefritz DVDs is spoken well (I'm not fluent, but have collegiate-level Spanish III knowledge). I am able to follow along easily and the characters speak clearly and naturally without speaking too fast. I also love the fact that all of the vocabulary is included in the sleeve inside the DVD case. This is a huge plus!

As for the comments about not having subtitles or text in English...if you do research on babies and children learning second and third languages, you'll read that the full immersion method is the preferred method, which Whistlefritz takes full advantage of. I would also like to introduce my children to French and hope that they will start producing videos in other languages.
on May 29, 2017
Good video but too much music for my kids. I need one more like a school setting.
on December 8, 2012
I wanted to get my 3 year old son learning another language as early as possible, but without knowing any Spanish myself, I went the DVD route. I researched a number of different Spanish for kids educational movies before selecting this one, and I have not been disappointed. This uses immersion as opposed to translation, meaning the entire movie is in Spanish.

"Let's Play" DVD is the third one of this series we have purchased. There's a lady named Maria who does most of the talking and interacting with the kids in the video. The movie connects with kids by introducing a mouse named Fritzi who my son loves! It's a very entertaining and engaging way to introduce a new language to small children.
on May 9, 2016
I recommend this, and all Whistlefritz videos, to anyone wanting to learn Spanish. Whistlefritz videos are literally the only videos we let our 2 year old watch. I can speak enough Spanish to get by in a Spanish speaking country and these videos are helpful for me as well. Our 2 year old loves watching Wistlefritz and can already understand a LOT of Spanish.
on December 7, 2016
This is the best for kids. My kids are already saying word and singing some of the songs. It really captures their attention and only speaks in Spanish. I will definitely order the other dvds they make.
on October 20, 2011
We all watched this together as a family and tho our 7 year old got bored and walked away, the 5 year old and 3 year old enjoyed it and wanted to watch it again. It was a good choice as the first step in our family's learning Spanish together. Eventually we will move beyond this series, but this was a good starting point.

We bought the entire series and this DVD spends a lot of time explaining the various parts of the body and never is a word spoken in English anywhere in this DVD.

I did wish it had subtitles. It does occasionally show the word spelled on-screen, so there is that at least.

It also includes a few songs to help reinforce what was learned.
on March 26, 2014
Those dvd (vamos a jugar and Adentro y Afuera) are very pleasant to watch even for adults! I am a native spanish speaker, but live in a country where no one else around us speaks spanish and i wanted my kids to have some spanish notions, and those dvds do the job! They love it! Accent is good, Music is really lively!!! I fully recommend them
on February 19, 2016
Purchased this for my 2 1/2 year old grand-daughter. My daughter is a teacher and had nothing but praise for this teaching video. She is using it to learn right along with her daughter to better serve her Hispanic students needs.
on July 30, 2007
My wife and I were always impressed with how my cousin's children had excelled with picking up Spanish as a second language at such a young age. We were eager to get our son started but did not know where to begin. My cousin gave us copies of "Los Animales" and "Vamos a Jugar". He was immediately captivated. My wife and I were amazed at how quickly he seemed to be picking up Spanish while singing along and having fun. It even helped us to remember what we had learned years back in school. As soon as the DVD ends he claps, yells Yeah! and then asks for "Mo Whitlefrit".