- File Size: 615 KB
- Print Length: 256 pages
- Simultaneous Device Usage: Unlimited
- Publisher: Bold Strokes Books (May 1, 2007)
- Publication Date: May 1, 2007
- Sold by: Amazon Digital Services LLC
- Language: English
- ASIN: B00452V7EC
- Text-to-Speech: Enabled
- Word Wise: Not Enabled
- Lending: Enabled
Amazon Best Sellers Rank:
#116,482 Paid in Kindle Store (See Top 100 Paid in Kindle Store)
- #455 in Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender eBooks > Romance > Lesbian Romance
- #510 in Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Lesbian Fiction
- #512 in Books > Gay & Lesbian > Literature & Fiction > Fiction > Romance > Lesbian
|Print List Price:||$15.95|
Save $10.96 (69%)
The Spanish Pearl Kindle Edition
|New from||Used from|
|Length: 256 pages|
See the Best Books of the Month
Want to know our Editors' picks for the best books of the month? Browse Best Books of the Month, featuring our favorite new books in more than a dozen categories.
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Customers who bought this item also bought
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
Top customer reviews
I did have some issues...I'll do my best not to spoil the story for others, but just in case: **SPOILER ALERT**
1. Kate's character...ey yi yi! The decision making skills this woman possessed were horrible! She was so not a "plan for the future with my choices" kinda woman. MANY times I threw my hands up and wanted to throw my kindle because of her stupidity! Kate seriously lacked critical thinking capabilities, and sheer common sense. Who decides that they will not take the advice of someone familiar with the land, but decide to "do her own thing" instead?! Before the end of the book, I was just tolerating Kate. I already decided I liked Luis, Liana, even the kings daughter's personality, which was slightly childish at times yet humorous, WAYYY more than Kate's! Yes, she was tough, feisty, and had a snappy come back for almost everything, but overall, her character was not too bright. Sorry.
2. Why did we not know what Kate looked like?! Once again, I've noticed this with other authors as well, we get no real description of the lead, but a clear bodily and facial description of all most every other character! Why?! So Annoying!
3. I understand that the possibility of rape was a common occurrence, and a harsh reality in these times, and women were nothing more than property and cattle. However, the fear of rape seemed everywhere, and then we had an actual description/allusion to rape of one of the main characters?! Sigh...WHY?? All it did was further weaken her, and made her comeback/recovery seem unrealistically weird. You be the judge.
4. My last issue was not really a biggie...I enjoyed the writing and adventure too much to be too disappointed at the authors mere references to sex scenes rather than descriptions. As I've said in my previous reviews, I love the build up between the leads, and when the time comes for intimacy, I want to read something reasonably steamy, hell, I want sexy sex.
So 4 stars my friends for an enjoyable read in the end. If you want laughs, adventure, romance, this will certainly do, especially for the price, can't beat 5 bucks and change. I will NOT read the sequel any time soon because the reviews on it are mixed, and I'd rather remember Kate and Luis like they were at the end of The Spanish Peal, blissfully in love with more adventures, and the future ahead of them.
I think most open minded and curious people would feel the same way as I do, and I can vouch that the reader does not have to be gay to truly enjoy the story. I was so impressed that I am going to order the sequel - The Crown of Valencia - right away, And I think there may be a third book in the series - something about pirates - which I'm going to check out, as well.
If you like good writing, adventure, romance and well developed characters, with a bit of humor thown in here and there, then definitely put this on your reading list.
What really cracked me up were the people that got a little hung up on the time travel part. I do read for escape and this book was a great way to get away.
One of the reviews made a comment about violence and outrage at lesbians for giving the book good reviews. I'll be honest, I didn't really read beyond the first few lines because I didn't want to waste my time. Yes there is a bit of violence but it wasn't anything more than kids today watch on t.v. (yes I did say "kids today" guess I'm getting old) I'm guessing the author was trying to make it more authentic so it seemed like she really did travel back in time.
Okay now I'm just being stupid. Read the book and have a little fun,
Most recent customer reviews
I purchased the book last summer before I went on holiday to Spain.Read more
Kiddos to Catherine, hopefully she will write a continuation from the
Crown of Valencia.Read more
Set up an Amazon Giveaway
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Gay & Lesbian > Literature & Fiction > Fiction > Lesbian
- Books > Romance > Historical
- Books > Romance > Lesbian Romance
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Genre Fiction > LGBT > Lesbian Fiction
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Romance > Historical Romance
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Romance > LGBT > Lesbian Romance