Spring Deals Automotive HPC Best Books of the Month New-season heels nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Stream your favorites. Amazon music Unlimited. Learn more. All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Fire TV Stick: $29.99. Offer ends 3/26/18 Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheGrandTour TheGrandTour TheGrandTour  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop Now TG18PP_gno

on January 12, 2017
I'm a beginner to Spanish Learning and flash cards have always been the best method for me to reinforce knowledge. These flash cards are good for just that. They aren't miracle workers, just a great tool to use to increase your Spanish vocabulary. Small enough to fit into my purse or any bag. I use them during down times or when I find myself waiting in a line or at a doctor's office, which always leads to a conversation with a stranger about the struggles of learning a 2nd language. The cards are large enough to read without my glasses. :-). They are sturdy and made from the same type of stock paper as index cards. They are a great value for the price.
review imagereview imagereview imagereview imagereview imagereview image
22 comments| 30 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on June 20, 2013
This is a good thing to have as a person is learning to speak and read the language of Spanish.
22 comments|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on June 13, 2011
June 2011. I have been using my plastic laminated BarCharts Quick Study Academic SPANISH VOCABULARY fold out regularly for at least 18 months. I love it. I took 1-yr of college Spanish 40 years ago and my interest in learning Spanish re-kindled in 2009. I don't take any courses, but am self-teaching myself. About once or twice a week I do a lesson in an older version of Rosetta Stone that has Level 1 and Level 2; it has over 100 lessons in each Level and I'm only at about lesson 22 of Level 1, so I have plenty to look forward to. But as things have evolved, most frequently now my study of Spanish involves (1) the use of the SPANISH VOCABULARY fold out (the item subject to this review), which I carry in my backpack; (2) my Franklin Spanish-English DBE-1490 electronic translator, which I carry in a cargo pants pocket (see my Amazon review of same); and (3) my listening to Spanish radio and watching Spanish TV, even though when I started listening and watching same, it seemed to sound like gibberish, and still often does, though gradually less and less!
As to the SPANISH VOCABULARY fold out, it's basically waterproof, so you don't have to worry about rain or spills when you're using it. It has six 8-1/2" x 11" pages when you unfold this tri-fold product. What's really good about it, is all the easy to read categories of hugely useful information, stuff one uses everyday in speaking and reading and listening to Spanish, e.g., the numbers, clothes, bank transactions, colors, measurements, pronunciation, greetings, travel phrases, directions, months, days of the week, seasons, time, when, weather, habitat-things in the home, family, computer, people, studies, sports, food, meat, fish, vegetables, fruits, desserts, the body, negatives, drinks, health, questions, verbs with "tener", adjectives and adverbs.
My guess is that if one could memorize all the words in this fold out, e.g., just the 150+ verbs alone (the infinitives), you'd know at least 60% - 70% of the words one has to learn in the first two semesters of college Spanish! That's comprehensive!
0Comment| 39 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on June 13, 2016
I bought this in the bundle of 3 and keep it in the front of my Spanish class notebook as a quick and handy reference. It obviously does not have everything one needs to learn a language, but it does hit many important words, rules, and conjugations. It is nicely laminated and I feel that I will use it often in my studies of the Spanish language.
on December 20, 2016
Really great study set. I like that they are organized by subject, e.g. clothes, house, bank, occupations, verbs, etc. These are color marked across the top so that if you want to study verbs, or bank stuff, or clothes first you can pull the whole set right out. If you don't care about bank business right now, you can set them all aside. This saves lots and lots of work sorting the cards.

To my mind, they are not thin and flimsy as several reviews would suggest. They are definitely sturdier than paper, more like thinner-weight index cards. Not heavy-weight, but sturdy enough, especially those that will be learned quickly. If the cards for the too-hard ones fall apart, copy them onto a heavy weight index card. There won't be that many.

These will be a definite asset for learning spanish so don't let the negative reviews deter you. It's a good product for the money.
on September 1, 2016
For adding to your Spanish Vocabulary, this is a wonderful tool.
Bought the entire series in Spanish by BarCharts to go along with the fun Fluenz Latin American Spanish Learning program (also recommend it).
There are a number of them and all are great.
They are all very good tools to use while learning or for quick 5 minute review sessions whilst anywhere.
Rote learning along with conversational Spanish with native speakers is best.
Plastic bonded is easy to keep clean.
Durable for on the go travel.
Love them for quick referencing when needed, especially while writing in Spanish language for guest blog posts not written in your native tongue.
Highly recommend these learning tools.
Like any tools, unused they become useless.
Use them, you can become proficient in the language you wish to learn.
Use it or lose it and the same is held true for languages.

Please pardon the same review for all the BarCharts. They are all great.
on January 8, 2017
Since it's hard to tell what's actually included due to the limited sample pages, here's a list:

1. Confusing words pairs
2. False friends
3. Idiomatic & other meaningful expressions (Subsections for expressions with: a, de, en, por, andar, dar, echar, estar, hacer, ir, perder, poner, quedar, ser, tomar, tener)
4. Functional expressions (Subsections for: expressing feelings, expressing opinions, expressing doubt, expressing preference, agreeing, disagreeing, clarifying, persuading, summing up)
5. Useful vocabulary (Subsections for: family & friends, personal information, human life cycles, personality traits, physical appearance, feelings & emotions, politics & government, the environment, banking, means of communication [radio, television, computer])
on October 11, 2016
I read the reviews carefully; most said cards were very good but some said they were flimsy. I ordered expecting 'paper' flash cards. My opinion; these cards are terrific! The size of a business card. Not as thick but not paper thin either. Just a tiny bit thinner than cheap index cards. You can't beat the price for what you get. Cards are categorized and numbered. Very easy to read and keep track of. Box they come in is fairly sturdy. I plan to get a plastic container. There is enough room on the verb card to add some conjugations. Very pleased with this purchase.
on January 23, 2017
These cards attempt to take the place of a textbook. Instead of being arranged alphabetically, so you can easily find a word, they are arranged in categories such as Adjectives, Adverbs, Habitat, Greetings, Bank, Clothes and Numbers. This "Tabbed by Topic" arrangement might be OK for a phrase book, but for learning words as words, you have to be able to find them easily so you can pull them out of the box and carry them around with you.

I will be putting these on eBay for anybody who can use them, but, as for me, I ordered a box of good old Vis-Ed cards, which have served me well for other languages through the decades. Vis-ed cards are arranged alphabetically (in Spanish), but there is an accompanying folder with the words alphabetized in English so you can easily find them.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on September 2, 2016
Great value for the price. As someone else mentioned you can't make these yourself for as cheap as they are. They are paper, and like business cards. They can last with proper care or you can laminate with clear tape if you want them to last longer. They are categorized and numbered.
Would buy them again if needed. They come in a nice box. There aren't pictures, just the words.
I didn't need fancy cards, as I may tape them around the house to memorize things.