Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Spanking Shakespeare Paperback – October 28, 2008
See the Best Books of 2017
Looking for something great to read? Browse our editors' picks for the best books of the year in fiction, nonfiction, mysteries, children's books, and much more.
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
“Exceptionally funny and sweet.”—Publishers Weekly, Starred
“This brilliantly lewd novel is hilarious.”—Chicago Tribune
About the Author
Jake Wizner’s life improved significantly after he graduated from high school. These days he lives in New York City with his wife and two daughters and teaches eighth-grade English and history. Spanking Shakespeare is his first novel. To learn more about Jake, visit his Web site at www.jakewizner.com.
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
10. Your spouse will look at you like your crazy when he/she walks into the room and you are laughing hysterically by yourself with only a book.
9. You will secretly know you are not crazy, just reading something refreshing and side-splitting funny at times. You may even find yourself crying; you are laughing so hard.
8. It is well written and witty.
7. Anything with the title including Spanking should be mandatory reading.
6. You want to get inside a teenage boys head and be appalled at the frequency they think about sex and masturbation.
5. This is not your usual type of story you read and you want to revamp your love for reading by going on a very different adventure.
4. If you are female: You want to see what high school was like for a boy. If you are male: You want to relive your high school years.
3. You want to laugh at someone else's pain.
2. You think bowel movements are amusing, even if you don't want to admit it.
1. It's a freaking good book.
Well done, Jake Wizner.
Reviewer's note: Those who know me know that I'm not a fan of the lewd and sometimes I can be downright conservative, so it makes no sense whatsoever that I liked this book so much. Seriously, I had a great time reading it. I felt like I had front row tickets to a comedy show.
There are very few protagonists that capture the essence of being a teenage boy in the way that Spanking Shakespeare does. I have never laughed out loud so much in my life.
If you are looking for a book for a reluctant teenage reader, then this is the book to suggest. Reading this on the Kindle, I got to the end so fast, I didn't even realize I had read the whole book.
Awesome read, unique voice, great YA novel!
Jake Wizner did a brilliant job capturing the true voice and feelings of adolescents that many will relate to.. and even if you cant relate to anything in this book, you will still laugh wildly through it.