BCA Month Beauty Fall Reading Hallo nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc New Album by Russell Dickerson PCB for Musical Instruments $69.99 Handmade Gift Shop hgg17 Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon curbpremiere curbpremiere curbpremiere  Three new members of the Echo family All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 All-New Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

on January 30, 2015
Quintessential 90's alt rock. I love this album. I listened to it on repeat as a teenager, on the bus with my walkman, holding it carefully to avoid skipping on my thirty minute bus ride home. Fifteen years later, it is still a constant in my music rotation for the drive to work, the grocery store, or a road trip. There are no songs I ever skip on this CD. Art Alexasis's voice and lyrics resonate so much with me. This is my favorite Everclear album, and indeed, one of my favorite albums of all time. Heartbreaking, but glorious all at once. This will forever be a favorite.
Made during the height of '90s grunge rock, "Sparkle and Fade" is quintessential listening from the decade. While the CD has a downcast, gritty feel and speaks to the hopelessness of drug addiction, the music always rises above loathing and self-pity. I love the economy of musicianship here: there's nothing flashy to be found, but every note that needs to be here is here.

I love the dystopian guitar intro and heavy grunge credentials of "Electra Made Me Blind" and other guitar-driven rockers on the album. While I am normally a fan of album-only deep tracks, I have to admit that for once the big single off the album, "Santa Monica", is my favorite cut on the CD and is my enduring Everclear favorite; more amazing is the consistency of the album: there are just no missteps here.

Many '90s grunge acts were simply Nirvana wannabees; not Everclear. They're the real deal, and "Sparkle and Fade" is their finest effort.
on December 14, 2016
Their absolute best. Not a bad song on the entire album. If you want to try out Everclear, this is the album to start, and maybe end with.
on January 18, 2017
January 18, 2017

Another perfect addition for My Project with My Family and Ketrina.
on December 8, 2012
Completely bias review, since they're my favorite band. :)

Saw them in concert my last year of college, they came across the street from my place and it was a great surprise because I had been a fan of theirs for 15 + years. This CD brings back memories.
on June 20, 2016
Mostly bought it for one song but the whole album is great!
on October 23, 2000
I just got "Sparkle & Fade" when I bought their latest release "Songs from an American Movie..." and I must say this is a great CD. This has a harder edge to it than "Songs" or its predecessor "So much for the afterglow" and you can hear the beginnings of what would be the trademark Everclear hook.
I recommend this CD to anyone who likes the darker songs on "...Afterglow" (like "Amphetimine")
on April 22, 2010
This is an essential 90's rock and roll document, and belongs right next to "Nevermind", "Vs.", and "Core" on your shelf. I just listened to it again, and it is really Everclear's best work, the energy, riffs, songwriting are all there and all top notch. Too bad it was all downhill from here.....it really was a sparkle and fade band.
on March 14, 2013
Essential '90s rock. I love the feeling and emotion on this album. Well crafted songs, good lyrics, just awesome...if you like alternative '90s rock, get it.
on October 18, 2015