Kacey Musgraves and Ashley Monroe-- but not the Pistol Annies, ironically!-- are among the few artists whose new albums are "automatics" for me, and this album merits that faith (which, sadly, Musgraves' new one generally does not).
Please note that "Sparrow" is NOT pure country*, it is country-pop (with emphasis often on the latter), so be prepared. But it is solid throughout, and includes at least a couple outstanding songs: "Orphan" and "She Wakes Me Up". "Hands On You" and "Wild Love" are worth a mention as well.
[My one caveat: I heard some similarities to "MacArthur Park" in a couple songs, especially the intro to "Rita", so I'm hoping that is just coincidence]
* If you hate Pop, I'd suggest you read Charles Lewis' one-star review
- Release Date:
- Label: Warner Records
- Copyright: ℗ 2018 Warner Music Nashville LLC for the U.S. and WEA International Inc. for the world outside the U.S. © 2018 Warner Bros. Records Inc. for the U.S. and WEA International Inc. for the world outside the U.S.
- Record Company Required Metadata: Music file metadata contains unique purchase identifier. Learn more.
- Total Length: 43:15
- ASIN: B07B1PW5L1
- Customer Reviews: 84 customer ratings
Amazon Best Sellers Rank:
#40,833 Paid in Albums (See Top 100 Paid in Albums)
- #298 in Singer-Songwriters (Albums)