- "We honestly devoured this book and highly recommend it to readers who love their anti-heroes, their strong and sassy heroines. To readers who love a bit of dark humour and thrilling passion in a story with a heavy mob feel. A story that's brilliantly written and addictive. A story of an unlikely romance rising out of the darkness of Boston's underworld." - TotallyBooked Blog.
- "I stepped into this book and had my mind blown by the characters, the writing, and the feel of South Boston at my fingertips. One hell of a ride with an Alpha that makes your toes curl and your skin tingle." - Liv Morris, USA Today Bestselling Author.
- "I fell head over heels in love with Troy and Sparrow's story. This book is what I like to call, book-crack, totally addictive!!!!" - Dee, Wrapped Up In Reading Blog.
- "I truly feel like I've been through the ringer with this book and I came out bloodied,scarred, and royally f*cked up. " - Sonya, ChatterBooksBookBlog.
- "Thank the lord there is NO cliffhanger because I would be dying." - Ramblings From Beneath The Sheets.
- "I ate it all up. The burning chemistry, lust and the love/hate thing that's been going on between the main characters- it was all perfect for me. Job well done! " - Patrycja, Smokin' Hot Book Blog.
- "Sexy, dramatic, suspenseful and above all a beautiful read!" - Book Club Gone Wrong.
- "The writing flows perfectly well and the style and plot are original which always sells for me in a book." - Fictional Men's Page for Book Ho's.
- "This was a great read that draws you in right from the start. My mind was working overtime trying to figure things out, boy did I get a shocker towards the end. I did not see that coming at all. Sparrow ends with a HEA and no cliffhanger." - Alpha Book Club.
- "Mark my words expect big things from this author." - Books She Lived Blog.
- "L.J. Shen, thank you for such an amazing read and I definitely cannot wait for what else you grace us with." - Kara, Give Me Books Blog.
- "The writing was absolutely fantastic, I love the author's writing style and you can definitely tell that L.J. Shen is very dedicated to her craft." - Arabella, I Love Book Love.
- "This book made it to my list of 5 stars mafia books and I will definitely be recommending SPARROW to anyone who is asking for recommendations in this genre!" - Book Loving Fairy Blog.
- "Sparrow was the perfect mix of sweet vs. dark, and I applaud the author for being able to take such different characters and make them into this explosive mix that just worked together, somehow. " - Sabrina, Escape To Reading.
- "Nothing about this is love. Nothing about it is fair. What it is is a situation that becomes more. Understanding, hate, attraction, loathing, revenge, redemption, and lust. I found the ending to be absolutely phenomenal. " - Tanja, KT Book Reviews.
- "It kept me putting the puzzle pieces together and I also loved how I was able to relate to the Sparrow, move through the emotions with her and ultimately fall for the jackass that Troy was!" - Suzanne, Goodreads.
- "If you are a fan of the mafia genre, strong-arming and corruption all around, then Sparrow will rock you. If you are fan of the dominant man whose actions are often as dark as his looks, then again Sparrow will deliver. I for one have made L.J. Shen and automatic one click author!" - Kelli C, Goodreads.
- "The couple was written perfectly for this reader. I was left on a smiling high from the ending which was so well done!" - Jennifer Kyle, Goodreads.
- "If you're looking for an anti-hero read with a great heroine to boot and a believable romance, you need to be one-clicking this one right meow." - Lana, Dirty Girl Romance Blog.
- "Sparrow was a nail-biting read full of passion, suspense, and fury! This is my second L.J. Shen book and once again she has captivated me with her witty dialogue and endearing characters." - Elizabeth, Crazies R Us Book Blog.
About the Author
L.J. Shen is a best-selling author of Contemporary Romance novels. She lives in Northern California with her husband, young son and chubby cat. She enjoys the simple things in life, like chocolate, wine, reading, HBO, spending time with her girlfriends and internet-stalking Chris Hemsworth. She reads between three to five books a week and firmly believes Crocs shoes and mullets should be outlawed.