- File Size: 3543 KB
- Print Length: 50 pages
- Publication Date: July 26, 2016
- Sold by: Amazon Digital Services LLC
- Language: English
- ASIN: B01IWMG21S
- Text-to-Speech: Enabled
- Word Wise: Enabled
- Lending: Not Enabled
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #101,316 Paid in Kindle Store (See Top 100 Paid in Kindle Store)
Speak for Impact: Write a Speech That's Your Next Best-Selling Product Kindle Edition
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Customers who bought this item also bought
Top Customer Reviews
In "Speak for Impact," Mazur explained, "how to create, market, and sell your speech as a product so that your message gets into the hands of those who need it most" (Kindle Loc. 61-62). While she does not tell you how to improve you speaking skills, your speeches will certainly improve by following her advice. You will learn how to turn your message into a product that is tailored to your audience.
I appreciate Mazur's approach that each speaker needs to find their own unique message. And that makes sense because every person is unique and has their own particular experiences so why give a speech just like everyone else's?
Mazur writes in a fun and engaging manner that keeps your attention and provides a handful of tools to use the next time you sit down to write and market your speech.
If I could describe this book in one word, it would be - focus!
If you follow the advice Mazur's advice, your next (or first) speech will be focused in intent, audience, target market, and uniqueness. Let me explain because that may sound like a lot from such a short book.
- The introduction helps you understand your speech as a product.
- Chapter 1 helps you focus on how, between two paths, you will earn money from your speech.
- Chapter 2 helps you define your ideal audience and understand them.
- Chapter 3 helps you find your Unfair Speaking Advantage - your uniqueness.
- Chapter 4 guides you to create your Minimal Viable Presentation (a tested rough draft).
- Chapter 5 helps you develop feedback plan to make your speech "desirable, useful, and better" (Kindle Loc. 460).
- Chapter 6 helps you write a pitch and the best places to find speaking gigs.
- The conclusion encourages you to get busy writing and marketing your next speech.
Dr. Mazur provides foundational tools for you to turn your speech into a product and market it effectively. "Speak for Impact" is an easy read that gives the speaker some difficult homework to help them craft and market a better speech.
(Disclaimer: I received an early review copy of the book in return for an unbiased review. However, I bought the Kindle edition anyway.)
Michelle's book has helped me realized why my scatter-shot marketing for my speeches hasn't been working. I now have a bunch of realistic action items and a plan in place to start marketing my speeches.
I learned that the path I'm on is "Client Attracting Speeches", and that means instead of "sell, sell, sell" at the end you "give, give, give". That's what I have been doing, but was reassured to know this is a legit strategy and one that can benefit me, versus some other How to be a professional speaker books that insist if you don't have a book or product to sell at the end of your speech, you failed.
Thank you Michelle for helping me grow and recognize what I'm already doing right, and what I can improve on.
Not only does this book have incredibly useful business advice but it shifts your entire mindset - and it's changed the way that I run my business. I've personally hired Michelle to help me with speeches and presentations. Since working with her (and using the wisdom in this book), I've consistently (and somewhat even effortlessly!) brought in paid speaking gigs. If you're ready to uplevel your business and speaker strategy, buy this book!
Most Recent Customer Reviews
1 A vast knowledge of the topic, yet omits the parts you...Read more
Short, powerful and straight to the point.Read more
Set up an Amazon Giveaway
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Business & Money > Skills
- Books > Reference > Writing, Research & Publishing Guides > Writing > Writing Skills
- Kindle Store > Kindle Short Reads > 90 minutes (44-64 pages) > Business & Money
- Kindle Store > Kindle Short Reads > 90 minutes (44-64 pages) > Education & Reference
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Business & Money > Education & Reference > Business Skills
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Business & Money > Skills > Running Meetings & Presentations
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Reference > Words, Language & Grammar > Public Speaking
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Reference > Writing, Research & Publishing Guides > Writing Skills