Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Speak to Win: How to Present with Power in Any Situation Hardcover – January 31, 2008
|New from||Used from|
The Amazon Book Review
Author interviews, book reviews, editors picks, and more. Read it now
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
"Now then, S&MM SoundOff may not be the most likely venue for a book review, but indulge me for a moment: I’d like to draw your attention to the newest tome by Brian Tracy, entitled Speak to Win: How to Present with Power in Any Situation (AMACOM Books)....In addition to penning the “Management Strategies” column that appears in every issue of S&MM, Brian’s one of the top 10 brand names in the motivational speaking business (sharing company with a couple of fellas named Covey, Robbins and Chopra). So needless to say, when the guy pens a text on giving killer presentations, you ignore it at your own peril....Whether Brian’s dispensing advice on mnemonic strategies, speech cadence, body language or even the proper climate control for your meeting room, you’ll find plenty of practical information here. "
--Sales & Marketing Magazine
“I’d like to draw your attention to the newest tome by Brian Tracy, entitled Speak to Win: How to Present with Power in Any Situation (AMACOM Books)....In addition to penning the “Management Strategies” column that appears in every issue of S&MM, Brian’s one of the top 10 brand names in the motivational speaking business (sharing company with a couple of fellas named Covey, Robbins and Chopra). So needless to say, when the guy pens a text on giving killer presentations, you ignore it at your own peril....Whether Brian’s dispensing advice on mnemonic strategies, speech cadence, body language or even the proper climate control for your meeting room, you’ll find plenty of practical information here.”
— Sales & Marketing Management blog (http://vnutravel.typepad.com/soundoff/2008/01/lessons-from-th.html)
"…a great, quick-read, self-help book aimed at anyone who wants to become better at speaking…well worth your time.” -- IEEE Electrical Insulation magazine
The ability to speak with confidence and deliver winning presentations can accelerate your career, earn people’s great respect, and enable you to achieve your greatest—even most impossible-seeming goals. But what many people don't realize is that anyone can learn to be a great speaker, just as easily as they can learn to drive a car or ride a bike!
As one of the world’s premier speakers and personal success experts, Brian Tracy is the ideal instructor. In Speak to Win, Tracy reveals time-tested tricks of the trade that readers can use to present powerfully and speak persuasively, whether in an informal meeting or in front of a large audience. Readers will learn how to:
• become confident, positive, and relaxed in front of any audience
• grab people’s attention from the start
• use body language, props, and vocal techniques to keep listeners engaged
• transition smoothly from one point to the next
• use humor, stories, quotes, and questions skillfully
• deal with skepticism when presenting new ideas
• wrap up strongly and persuasively
Brimming with unbeatable strategies for winning people over every time, Tracy lets readers in on his most powerful presentation secrets in this indispensable, life-changing guide.
Top Customer Reviews
I've been a professional speaker for over 20 years, and this is one book that I learned a lot of new tactics from, and wish I'd been able to see earlier in my speaking career.
Here's what makes Brian's book such a winner:
- detailed audience analysis techniques: Brian reveals what information you absolutely Must know before presenting to an audience. And this goes far beyond what you'd typically think about asking for.. many subtleties here re audience dynamics that are, in retrospect, things I should've been asking meeting planners for earlier. This alone is well worth knowing.
- Brian's world-class insights into what makes for a successful, well-received speech (like the "Eight Parts of a Keynote Talk" revealed on page 98). He's the world's top speaker, in my opinion, so getting all his thoughts down on paper like this is priceless. I will profit from Brian's tactics (thanks, Brian!), as usual.
- He reveals the "Qualities of Top Speakers", sharing what he's seen separates the best from everyone else (see page 132, on "The Highest Paid Speaker" for example).
and much more.
What was a pleasant surprise was, I thought I'd read it all, seen it all and that there was very very little anyone could reveal to me about public speaking that I hadn't already done, seen on video, or read in a book.Read more ›
Mr. Tracy has written a very easy to read and well-organized book that explains to the reader various techniques for being a persuasive speaker. He discusses how to properly prepare for various types of speaking situations from small groups to large audiences, as well as body language, speech techniques and whatever else is needed to make a positive and persuasive impact on the listeners.
It is a short book with fairly large type. There are no wasted words and no fluff inserted to make the book thicker. He gets right to the point, uses appropriate examples, and to me it was obvious that he knows what he is talking about.
If one is willing to read the book and digest it, then practice what Mr. Tracy preaches and keep doing so over and over, I believe he or she will be successful. I just got the book recently and much of what is written are things I already know or are common sense but the good part is it is all in one place. And the trick is, it doesn't matter if one already knows it or it is common sense, one must apply it in real life.
I believe this book offers a very high value per page and would highly recommend it to anyone who wants to improve their speaking skills.
Brian Tracy is one of the most listened to and finest speakers in the world. He draws large audiences and get's raving reviews. That is good enough for me.
And oh by the way, nobody gives more content than Tracy.
The great Nido Qubein, oneof the great masters of communication and an incredible speaker highly endorses this book. Need more be said??
Buyit and use it. It's a winner.
Five tips and techniques (of many) Speak to Win added to my personal public speaking repertoire:
1. The "Windshield Wiper" method of continually transitioning from general principle to specific example; logical reason to emotional appeal
2. The "Down Dump" method of getting all the ideas you'd like to include in a presentation on a piece of paper, then organizing them into three to five logically sequenced topics
3. To improve your memorization, eloquence and enunciation, memorize and recite poetry
4. Make your audience's comfort (both physical and psychological) one of your primary goals (don't be afraid to begin with self-effacing humor, or threaten the facilities people if the room is too hot or cold!)
5. When you have the luxury, set up the room where attendees can see both you and one another (in a "U" shape)
Thanks for the excellent book, Mr. Tracy -- looking forward to leveraging your expertise in my own speaking and speech coaching.
P.S. For concise coverage of public speaking basics, primarily for novice and journeymen speakers, consider my The Best Public Speaking Book: How to Conquer Nervousness, Polish Your Authentic Stage Self, Develop & Deliver Dynamite Presentations. Cheers!
Most Recent Customer Reviews
I loved reading Speak to Win. Brian Tracy is a true professional influential presenter. What I liked best about this book was the numerous helpful tips and examples Brian Tracy... Read morePublished 1 month ago by Sharbar
If I could only have one book on public speaking, this would be it. Comprehensive, easy to read, great information. Read morePublished 3 months ago by Reading Addict
An excellent effort by the author after a few disappointing "retreaded" material publications. Worth the time!Published 6 months ago by Fred Bartholomew
Whether you are speaking to 2,000 or 2 people this book applies to all conversations that you want to have meaning, relevance and respect from your audiencePublished 8 months ago by LH
Tracy is one of the best in getting to the point and making things simple to understand and learn.Published 14 months ago by James C Hays