Amazon Vehicles Beauty Trade in your textbooks STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Limited time offer Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Shop Popular Services twinpeaksv2 twinpeaksv2 twinpeaksv2  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 Kindle Oasis Trade it in. Fund the next. Spring Savings Event on Amazon.com toystl17_gno

• Customer Reviews

Showing 1-10 of 24 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 60 reviews
on September 23, 2014
Pros:
-Great water pressure (once you remove the low flow filter)
-Multiple settings

Cons:
-The unit is plastic (don't be fooled by the pic. That's metallic silver paint)
-To switch settings you'll need both hands (one to hold the showerhead, the other to rotate the settings dial)

Overall: Buy this if the price is right and you're not one to switch shower settings too frequently

**To preface my review I caught this shower head on a Gold Box deal from Amazon and paid $8.23 for it (including tax) For what I paid, I love this unit

When you first get this what you'll want to do is remove the low flow restrictor. To do so, unscrew the piece that connects the shower head to the pivoting arm and stick a pen, pencil or something long & narrow through the smaller opening closest to where the shower head was. What will pop out is the low flow filter & the screen. Toss the filter, replace the screen and you're ready to go.

The water pressure is great and there are 3 showerhead settings you can choose from (regular flow, concentrated jets and some other weird setting that shoots water from the largest openings without using much force). Keep in mind though that if you try to switch the settings with one hand all that will happen is the whole showerhead will spin around (it is plastic, after all). You'll have to hold it in place and adjust the settings with your other hand.

After using this unit for over a month I really like it. The metallic paint is showing no signs of deterioration, the manufacturer is a trusted one and the water pressure is awesome. I see this as a great unit for your primary shower (as long as the price is right) or a great purchase for a guest bath as it really does give you that hotel, strong jet shower experience.
on September 19, 2013
I bought this showerhead because of it's sturdy build, and it includes a simple screen over the inlet.

I've got ancient (1930's) plumbing in my house, so I get pieces like big grains of sand in my water supply. I've had to replace a couple of good showerheads because particles would get lodged in the jets and ruin the performance. For some reason, very few showerheads include a screen. Now all I have to to is unscrew it every once in a while and take out the particles.

I do have a couple small complaints. You have to adjust the jets with 2 hands, one to hold the head steady, one to move the little level shown in the pictures. If you try it one-handed, the whole thing just swivels on the ball-joint. And the angle of the jets is definitely not what you'd call "precision". You don't get a nice circle of jets, they angle off slightly in different directions. Not a huge amount, but enough to notice. I've owned American Standard showerheads, which were quite a bit more expensive, but had an almost perfect circle of jets. I'd still buy a Speakman, but I figured I'd include this info in my review.

Overall, it's a nice, sturdy showerhead with a couple of different spray patterns.
on January 30, 2014
I ordered this showerhead when it was listed as a "deal of the day". I needed a showerhead to replace a rainfall showerhead in the guest bathroom that wasn't working correctly. The showerhead arrived quickly thanks to Amazon prime, and it was a breeze to install. After removing the existing rainfall showerhead, I simply put some teflon tape around the threads and screwed the showerhead on. I was pleasantly surprised that I didn't need any tools to tighten it and that no water was leaking! I'm very happy with the multiple "streams" it produces and is a nice addition to our guest bathroom.
on February 26, 2015
Speakman is the only type of shower head I will ever buy. All metal construction. High quality and awesome pressure. The 3 water settings are a perfect combination. Saw the same head at a local hardware store for $65.
on September 11, 2015
I installed it in my daughter's bathroom (without removing the water restrictor) so I haven't used it, but my daughter says it's the best showerhead we've ever had.
on December 19, 2013
I got this on a lightning deal and ended up paying about $10 for it. Well worth it. I read the previous reviews and followed the many suggestions to take the low flow valve thingy out of it and I'm glad I did. Definitely reminds me of a hotel shower now, which is what I was going for.
on December 6, 2013
Man this is the best showerhead. take out the flow stopper thing in side and you'll have amazing pressure. Speakman really does make the best showerhead. they last nearly 5 years without ever cleaning them until they start to have calcium build up and the holes clog a bit.
on August 26, 2014
Excellent shower head. Really nice spray pattern. Water is directed straight out of the head - it doesn't diverge. I have a well (free water) so I easily removed the o-ring restrictor.
on August 28, 2014
The knob that changes the shower head spray settings broke off literally seconds after opening the box. The head works great overall, but leads me to question the quality.
on August 9, 2015
Works as advertised and was relatively inexpensive compared to others.