Amazon Vehicles Beauty Return your textbook rentals STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Gifts for Dad Shop Popular Services twinpeaksv2 twinpeaksv2 twinpeaksv2  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl National Bike Month on Amazon Ellen

Showing 1-10 of 20 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 22 reviews
on December 19, 2011
All spec ops stuff seems to be well made. The material is tough, but still flexible. It is stitched well and the zipper is pretty rugged.

The one tiny little issue is that on the inside left section where the pen type slots are, the sizes are pretty random. I know they tried to vary it so you could fit different things in there, but the bigger one is in the middle and the other ones are so skinny you can only put a regular pen in them. For what I am using it for, it would have been better to have the bigger ones on the far sides.

So, I think what they should have done (which would have been a product improvement), is that they should have made all the slots extra small (even smaller than the existing small ones) and people could have easily unstitched in between to create the slots they needed. Some other reviewers here have already mentioned that they unstitched a few to make them bigger. But if they were all extra-small to begin with, it would have given more options. For me, I would have liked the middle one to be smaller and the outside one to be bigger, but if I unstitch in between for one of the outside slots now, it will be way too big.

I think that could have been a feature like pic-and-pluck foam you see when you get the high tech rugged containers like Pelican containers and such. For non-walmart quality items, you can expect your purchases to have a bit of an IQ and be able to use a feature like that.

Other than that it is great.

Just FYI in case someone is wondering before purchase (like I was wondering), the inside pockets say they will fit a 4x6 notebook. I put a thin metal ruler inside the pocket slot and measured:

the maximum in the middle is about 6 3/8 high, towards the sides it is 6 1/4 high
side to side it is about 4 1/8
on December 11, 2012
Although I like the SOB mini pocket organizer, the layout isn't well designed and this limits functionality. For example, the elastic loops on the inside pocket cover are so narrow they barely have the capacity to hold a pen. They are too narrow to hold an average USB device, penlight, small knife, pretty much anything. There are about five loops, but why would you need to carry five pens? So the loops are basically worthless. Also, it might be helpful if the loops were positioned lower on the pocket cover because pens or other objects tend to obstruct access to the underlying pocket. Also, it would be nice if additional loops were offered on the other pocket, perhaps positioned near the bottom to offset the opposing loops.
In addition, the organizer only offers two main pockets located on each side of the organizer. Some additional pockets would be helpful, sorta like how the SOB Pack Rat is designed.
I don't own a Maxpedition organizer, but from looking at pictures it appears that the Maxpedition offerings have a better layout. But if you're mostly just looking for a small pouch to hold a couple pens and a small notepad, then the SOB organizer is pretty good. But if you're looking for something to carry some EDC gear, the SOB organizer just doesn't offer enough functionality.
on January 7, 2017
This pouch is not as useful as i hoped it would be. It holds a few troubleshooting pamphlets that I needed it to, but the pen holders are made of non-elastic material, and are way to small. It doesn't have room for much else besides a few folded up pages. Feels pretty cheaply made. Zipper is crap, front pouch is crap. To be fair to it, the stitching at least seams to be solid (see what i did there) and it hasn't fallen apart on me yet. For the price I paid for it i would have hoped for a bit of a better product.
on January 27, 2015
FANTASTIC! I need to carry a couple types of specialized batteries and electronic cables around with me and went looking for a durable, pocketable organizer in which to keep things organized and prevent loss. I came across this Spec-Ops Mini Pocket Organizer, and the made-in-USA and lifetime guarantee convinced me to give it a try.

Perfection! It has an outer mesh pocket, two inner pockets for cables and other stuff, and a bunch of elastic loops that are just the right size for the batteries. It’s about the size of an adult hand, so it fits in my pocket, or you can run a belt through it. There’s room for even a large smartphone or notepad in the pockets, too.

It's a really great find, and I could not be more delighted.
review image review image review image
on January 11, 2015
Great quality as expected from Spec-Ops however the design is not that great. The internal loops are too small and only allows pens or really small items to fit. My Leatherman Squirt barely fits in the largest loop. The rest is wasted space. My only other complaint is the zipper action is not smooth at all. I don't know if its just the one I received or not, but it takes some effort getting it open. All in all this is not a bad item, just not my favorite from Spec-Ops.
on January 20, 2015
I work on my Dad's farm on the weekends, and I bought this as a way to dust proof, and better cushion a smart phone. It easily fits my HTC One M8, and would happily fit a number of other items as well, if I needed it to do so. You could easily fit a pen or two, a small pocket knife, and sundry other small items should you be inclined. Besides your wife potentially making fun of your phone purse, this thing is perfect.
on September 30, 2016
Made from Good material, (2 stars) , But the over concept of this pouch, is terrible. It has about 6 pen loops. But you can use only 3 pen loops. The others useless. Would not recommend. Sorry 5.11 but this mini pocket is useless.
on August 22, 2015
I'm an Operations Sup for a fortune 50 company and on the floor I need so much gear that I often would find myself having to dump my pockets when I needed one thing. This organizer is well made, fits all I need, and goes nice in the back or front of dress pants or card harts. Spend the extra cash and get the Black Ops brand.
on July 27, 2014
Just the right size to fit into my cargo pocket. The exact size to carry a Word Notebook or Field Notes notebook, A few other EDC items and not be too bulky. This is my third Spec Ops item and they make good kit for a reasonable.price in my opinion.
on November 9, 2015
The zipper is a bit sticky. I like it. I love it's made in the USA. I am going to be on the lookout for a better case for my daily carry bag.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.