Industrial Deals HPC Best Books of the Year Holiday Dress Guide nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch For a limited time. 3 months for $0.99. Amazon Music Unlimited. New subscribers only. Terms and conditions apply. PCB for Musical Instruments $54.99 for a limited time only Try it first with samples Handmade Gift Shop Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Snuggle Up with Your Favorite Holiday Movies on Amazon Video Snuggle Up with Your Favorite Holiday Movies on Amazon Video Snuggle Up with Your Favorite Holiday Movies on Amazon Video  Echo Devices starting at $29.99 Save $30 on All-New Fire HD 8. Limited-time offer. $20 off Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now HTL17_gno

on May 22, 2017
I love this book! I bought it for my grand-daughter because of the wonderful self-esteem message. I didn't realize she already had a full-sized paper page copy, but now, she has a board book that she can carry around and "read" herself!
on November 19, 2015
This book was purchased as a gift for our child after having read a free copy of it.

STORY
This is a well-written story teaching children and adults about how their personal worth is NOT derived from whether someone else likes or dislikes you or whether you excel or fail at sports and other activities. It outlines a little wooden doll's experience becoming depressed over the way others look down on him and how he meets his Maker and realizes that his value is rather based upon the fact that his Maker made him to be just who he is. It is an excellent story to read to your children. It is also used by psychologists and counselors to help adults with self-esteem issues.

ILLUSTRATIONS
The book is beautifully illustrated.

I hope this review will help you in your decision to purchase this book. You will be glad that you did!
on June 15, 2016
I bought this book for my preschool graduation class (each student got one) and put them in a bag with candy dots and starburst. This story introduces God's love for all of us and how we should only be concerned with His acceptance of us, not others.

Brief Synopsis (in my opinion):
Wemmickville is a town where Punchinello, the main character lives. The town is full of Wemmicks who go around placing star or dot stickers on each other to prove acceptance or disapproval of another's actions. Punchinello is tired of this and after seeing another Wemmick, Lucia, who doesn't have any stickers, and talking to her about visiting the Woodcarver each day (God), Punchinello learns that the only viewpoint that is important is God's and that daily visits with him are a good reminder of his love.

I plan on buying the hardback version of this book for myself because the story is a good reminder to young and old alike!
on July 19, 2017
The review is not for the content.
I have to say this is the most disappointing Kindle book I have ever purchased. The print is small and cannot be enlarged. Unbelievably, the beautiful illustrations are not included. Amazon should return the money I wasted on this.
review image
on November 8, 2016
This will always be my favorite book. while its beautiful for the child to hear, It speaks volumes to even adults. Have read this to a high school girls small group this past year and it touched their hearts.The message is so profound! It especially touches the heart of the one who's been rejected or has dealt with insignificance. I love how when we spend time with our creator, He tells us who we are so we can live with purpose and identity, rooted in HIM! ( also check out "the oak inside the acorn" by M.L. parallels nicely)
on August 9, 2017
My 3 year old and 5 year old like this story and understand the message. It is unique among Christian books, since many are very difficult for a child to understand. It's such an amazing story, really makes you feel the depth of God's love, so I don't mind reading it over and over again.
on September 28, 2017
AMAZING book. By all means this is a keeper for Preschool thru Elementary.
It will speak to your heart no matter what age.
Max Lucado hit a home run with this one.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
This book has the best artwork! I love the message and I am just such a BIG Max Lucado fan! This is a perfect book for any kid struggling with self esteem issues. Its great for ANY kid even if they DONT have any problems.
on December 7, 2016
The kindle version doesn't have pictures and the writing is tiny! I was disappointed with my purchase. Too bad, because I love this book and I can't return it because it's A Kindle book.
on September 7, 2017
Just discovered The Wemmicks and then got a baby shower invitation that said "bring a book" so I decided to get this one for my new greatniece!