- File Size: 3545 KB
- Print Length: 276 pages
- Simultaneous Device Usage: Unlimited
- Publisher: Tandem Services Press (August 2, 2019)
- Publication Date: August 2, 2019
- Sold by: Amazon.com Services LLC
- Language: English
- ASIN: B07TZD9MNV
- Text-to-Speech: Enabled
- Word Wise: Enabled
- Lending: Enabled
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #72,444 Paid in Kindle Store (See Top 100 Paid in Kindle Store)
Special Assignment: Hometown Heroes book 3 Kindle Edition
|New from||Used from|
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
About the Author
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
What I liked:
• The premise of missing money from a company that develops software for naval tactical fighters.
• That Sam and Melissa join forces to discover what/if there are embedded glitches in the airplane's software.
• The integrity of Melissa.
• I liked the action and suspense of the story.
• I like it when an author has the main characters use their brains and do not have them make ridiculous mistakes to drive the action of the story.
• The author presented a well-crafted enjoyable story. It kept my interest from the beginning until the end.
• I did not find this contemporary Christian romance preachy. Religion was just a natural part of the characters' lives. No lectures.
• This was a clean read.
I recommend this book. I have read several of this author's books and have enjoyed each one of them.
This is the first book I have read in this series and I was able to enjoy it as a stand alone...but I AM going back now and starting the series from the beginning because I want to know the stories of their friends.
I can heartily recommend this to those who enjoy a great story line, great characters and suspense (with romance on the side).
I like JL Crosswhite's writing style and her sense of humor. When Scott, sweaty from exercise, has an unexpected meeting with Melissa, these are his thoughts: "Actually, she'd seen a lot of the bad already with his headaches and throwing up around her. So a little sweat might be a step up."
I'm not big on descriptions, but this author paints the scene for her readers well without slowing down the plot. For example, "They scrambled over some rocks to find a few flat ones that sat back a bit from a precipitous drop-off but overlooked a panoramic view of the desert."
I highly recommend this book to romantic suspense readers, clean and wholesome romance readers, and to readers of Christian fiction. You won't be disappointed!