- Paperback: 296 pages
- Publisher: Manning Publications; 1 edition (June 6, 2011)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1617290084
- ISBN-13: 978-1617290084
- Product Dimensions: 7.4 x 0.6 x 9.2 inches
- Shipping Weight: 1.1 pounds (View shipping rates and policies)
- Average Customer Review: 35 customer reviews
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #212,659 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Specification by Example: How Successful Teams Deliver the Right Software 1st Edition
Use the Amazon App to scan ISBNs and compare prices.
Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) is a service we offer sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's fulfillment centers, and we directly pack, ship, and provide customer service for these products. Something we hope you'll especially enjoy: FBA items qualify for FREE Shipping and Amazon Prime.
If you're a seller, Fulfillment by Amazon can help you increase your sales. We invite you to learn more about Fulfillment by Amazon .
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
About the Author
A UK based consultant, Gojko Adzic helps teams worldwide implement specification by example and agile testing practices. He has written two previous books on the subject and contributed to several open source projects supporting specification by example. Gojko is a frequent speaker at leading software development and testing conferences and runs the UK Agile Testing User Group.
Author interviews, book reviews, editors picks, and more. Read it now
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
One of the biggest questions I have always received is how do you scale a process for specifying your work via Examples so that small projects can obtain the same benefits and this is covered very well in the book, it has given me many new ideas about how to work within smaller project/team structures.
If you are just starting Agile, read this book, your teams will benefit from the discipline of Specification by Example. If you are already Agile this book will help you get better, improve your velocity, lower defects identified and generally make the process of moving fast less stressful.
Quality isn't a word is a process and this book will help you build the right process for your organization.
I was really looking forward to read this book after hearing an interview with the author on Devnology podcast. It pains me to admit that reading it was not a time well spent. How could the author call his approach "Specification by Example" and offer no end-to-end examples that could be studied, evaluated and replicated? Please comment with a page number(s) for such examples if you disagree, and I will be more than happy to admit my blindness.
A must read for everyone building non-trivial systems with long life spans! Some downsides (I’d given 5 stars without these):
- Although the case studies were very interesting, their reporting in the book was a bit shallow. I would liked to have seen more details and in-depth analysis of each case.
- As it says in the book, one of the best ways to learn to write good specifications is to study good examples, I expected to see more examples of specifications and wanted to see what the specs the teams in the case studies were creating look like.
- Although this book isn’t about tools, I would liked to have seen some kind of sketches or diagrams of the development / test / build / documentation environments the teams build in the case studies. I also think that the hierarchy or structure of the specs (e.g. epic-feature-story) would be one important topic to discuss about.
Most recent customer reviews
As Gojko has discovered the hard part about Acceptance Test Driven Development (aka ATDD), Behaviour Driven Development (BDD) or...Read more