Speck PixelSkin Rubberized Case for iPod touch 2G, 3G (Black)
|Price:||$11.99 & FREE Shipping on orders over $25. Details|
This item at this price, sold by Amazon.com, is currently reserved exclusively for Prime members.Prime free trial and invitee customers: We will automatically apply an Amazon.com Gift Card to your Gift Card Balance in the amount equal to the Prime exclusive discount after you become a paid Prime member. If you cancel your paid Prime membership or return the qualifying smartphone within the first 3 months of your paid Prime membership, we may void your Gift Card or charge you in the amount of the Gift Card. Terms and Conditions apply.
Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) is a service we offer sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's fulfillment centers, and we directly pack, ship, and provide customer service for these products. Something we hope you'll especially enjoy: FBA items qualify for FREE Shipping and .
If you're a seller, Fulfillment by Amazon can help you increase your sales. We invite you to learn more about Fulfillment by Amazon .
- Rubberized case fits iPod touch 2G, 3G
- Soft-touch tiled pattern offers added comfort and grip
- Lightweight design protects without adding bulk
- Provides access to all ports and controls
- Available in 7 tasty colors
There is a newer model of this item:
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
- Size (LWH): 4.3 inches, 2.4 inches, 0.33 inches
- Weight: 1.6 ounces
IT2-PXL-BLK Color: Black Sold Separately Features: -Pixel skins lightweight, form-fit helps protect your iPod touch 2G and 3G from bumps and scrapes. -Case offers openings to all ports, plugs and controls for convenient accessibility. -Soft-touch tiled pattern offers added comfort and grip. -Lightweight design protects without adding bulk.
The form-fitting PixelSkin helps protect your iPod touch 2G, 3G from bumps and scrapes, while providing openings to all ports, plugs and controls for convenient accessibility.
Pixelskin features lightweight design that protects without adding bulk. Just slide your iPod touch into the case, plug in headphones and enjoy.
The textured tile pattern provides a comfortable, tactile sensation in your hand and a no-slip grip so you don't drop your iPod (and it doesn't slide out of your pocket).
Available in 7 tasty colors: Licorice Black, Blueberry Blue, Sherbet Pink, Huckelberry Purple, Marshmallow White, Spearmint Green, and Corncob Yellow.
What's in the Box
Speck PixelSkin Rubberized Case for iPod touch 2G (Black)
Top Customer Reviews
I've now had this case for several months. My opinions have changed since I first posted this review.
I won't buy another of these or recommend it to any friends. It isn't a bad case overall but to me it has some issues. First it is a bit heavy and I notice it often enough to sometimes go without the case. Second the material is made to be non slippery and that makes it hard to insert it into the pocket of my winter flannel shirts. Third, oddly enough, the material it is made of does slip when I prop it up against something to watch a movie.
- The case is easy to grip and is a non slip design that provides good security against accidental drops. STILL TRUE
- Easy to install and remove. STILL TRUE
- Protects the back, sides, and does provide some protection for the front side as the case wraps around the edges of the front of the iPod. STILL TRUE
- Pushing the start button through the rubberized case is easy and works well. STILL TRUE
- To me it is hard to find, without looking or in the dark, the volume buttons. Once I find them it is easy to push the buttons through the rubberized case. I wish there had been more bumps or some kind of surface, other than flat, to help locate the buttons. THIS HAS BECOME VERY ANNOYING. IT IS TRULY HARD TO FIND THE VOLUME BUTTONS.
- I must remove the case to put the iPod on any base. I have to remove the case every night to set the iPod Touch on the charging base. TRUE BUT IT IS VERY EASY TO REMOVE AND REPLACE THE CASE.
- This case is much thicker than my old case. I would say it adds thickness to the back, sides, and top. THIS IS ANNOYING
- Added weight over the old case I had. ENOUGH TO BE A CONSTANT BOTHER
- IT SLIPS WHEN I PROP IT UP AT AN ANGLE TO WATCH A MOVIE. IT SLIPS EVEN ON SURFACES WHERE I THINK IT WOULDN'T.
I've reduced my review from 4 to 3 stars.
----- original review follows ---------
I've had this case for a few weeks.
I can only compare with what I've had so I'll describe the old case. The old case was a hard plastic that snapped onto the sides of the iPod Touch. None of the old case covered the face of the iPod Touch, nor did it extend much above 1/2 the thickness of the iPod. The old case was easy to snap on and pop off and it held well. Slowly over 2+ years the old case broke along the edges. It was still holding on tight but I knew soon I'd have to replace it. The old case is obsolete otherwise I would have just purchased another of the same.
This Speck PixelSkin case is a different design because it wraps around the face of the iPod and covers the start button. This design works well and provides more damage protection than my old case. The Speck is easy to put on and take off (easier than my old case) and it is securely in place when installed.
- The case is easy to grip and is a non slip design that provides good security against accidental drops.
- Easy to install and remove.
- Protects the back, sides, and does provide some protection for the front side as the case wraps around the edges of the front of the iPod.
- Pushing the start button through the rubberized case is easy and works well.
- To me it is hard to find, without looking or in the dark, the volume buttons. Once I find them it is easy to push the buttons through the rubberized case. I wish there had been more bumps or some kind of surface, other than flat, to help locate the buttons.
- I must remove the case to put the iPod on any base. I have to remove the case every night to set the iPod Touch on the charging base.
- This case is much thicker than my old case. I would say it adds thickness to the back, sides, and top.
- Added weight over the old case I had.
I will certainly keep and use this case.
The bottom line is Apple is fixated at making their iPhones and iPod Touch models thinner and thinner. But due to the fact that they are very slippery, shiny, and fingerprint magnets, we buy cases. This defeats the desire to have a thin unit in our pocket.
From time to time I carry the naked iPod Touch in my shirt pocket. It truly is light and thin. When I've taken it out of my pocket, without a case installed, I'm always afraid I'm going to drop it. I'm disappointed in Apple in this regard. If the unit had been properly designed I would gladly use it without a case.
I use this on my iPod 3G.
This case is superior for ease of use. It is slim, but thick enough to offer good protection, and the texture of the skin makes it very easy to hold. It can be placed on a surface and maintains great friction so it won't go sliding off, yet it is sleek enough to slide in and out of your pants pocket. The rubber texture is just the right mix of hard and soft. It is firm enough to protect your iPod, but not too hard too use or be comfortable in your hand or pocket, and the material does not pick up fuzz or gunk, as do some silicone/gel cases.
The Pixelskin allows easy access to all iPod controls and functionality.
It does not cover nor protect the screen, other than it covers the edge of the front so in a complete face down fall, the screen might "fall well" and not come into contact with a hard surface.
I've owned this case for a year or so and it has retained its form and it has not worn down at all. I think it is a great product and a fantastic value.