Your Garage Luxury Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Samsung S8 Launch Limited time offer Wickedly Prime Handmade Mother's Day Gifts hgg17 Shop Popular Services Catastrophe Catastrophe Catastrophe  Introducing Echo Look Starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis Trade it in. Fund the next. National Bike Month on Amazon disgotg_gno_17

Color: Black|Product Packaging: Standard Packaging|Change
Price:$4.99+ $4.54 shipping

Showing 1-10 of 665 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 764 reviews
on November 15, 2008
I still wouldn't want to drop the ipod -- this is not a hard case (they're pretty bulky), but this slim rubber case protects from minor bumps and feels good in the hand. I coupled it with an ikross screen protector and now I don't worry about everyday wear degrading the look and function of my favorite new toy.
0Comment| 91 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 20, 2008
I've owned dozens of iPod cases over the years and this without question is the best one for the iPod touch 2g. Several things make this case superior. 1st and foremost, if you sit it on the dash of your car and turn a corner too sharp it won't go flying out the side window. The volume, power and home button are all covered and raised so their easy to find and adjust. Removing the iPod is a breeze, it fits snugly but also stretches. The sides and back are treaded so it feels more secure in your hand. Make sure and buy a good screen protector, it finishes off a percect product.
11 comment| 112 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 2, 2009
Being ipod newbies, we weren't sure this skin would work for our new 3G ipod touch, since the listing specifies 2G....but it fits great.
2/15/2012
I've now had this case for several months. My opinions have changed since I first posted this review.

I won't buy another of these or recommend it to any friends. It isn't a bad case overall but to me it has some issues. First it is a bit heavy and I notice it often enough to sometimes go without the case. Second the material is made to be non slippery and that makes it hard to insert it into the pocket of my winter flannel shirts. Third, oddly enough, the material it is made of does slip when I prop it up against something to watch a movie.

Updated Pros:
- The case is easy to grip and is a non slip design that provides good security against accidental drops. STILL TRUE
- Easy to install and remove. STILL TRUE
- Protects the back, sides, and does provide some protection for the front side as the case wraps around the edges of the front of the iPod. STILL TRUE
- Pushing the start button through the rubberized case is easy and works well. STILL TRUE

Cons:
- To me it is hard to find, without looking or in the dark, the volume buttons. Once I find them it is easy to push the buttons through the rubberized case. I wish there had been more bumps or some kind of surface, other than flat, to help locate the buttons. THIS HAS BECOME VERY ANNOYING. IT IS TRULY HARD TO FIND THE VOLUME BUTTONS.
- I must remove the case to put the iPod on any base. I have to remove the case every night to set the iPod Touch on the charging base. TRUE BUT IT IS VERY EASY TO REMOVE AND REPLACE THE CASE.
- This case is much thicker than my old case. I would say it adds thickness to the back, sides, and top. THIS IS ANNOYING
- Added weight over the old case I had. ENOUGH TO BE A CONSTANT BOTHER
- IT SLIPS WHEN I PROP IT UP AT AN ANGLE TO WATCH A MOVIE. IT SLIPS EVEN ON SURFACES WHERE I THINK IT WOULDN'T.

I've reduced my review from 4 to 3 stars.

----- original review follows ---------

I've had this case for a few weeks.

I can only compare with what I've had so I'll describe the old case. The old case was a hard plastic that snapped onto the sides of the iPod Touch. None of the old case covered the face of the iPod Touch, nor did it extend much above 1/2 the thickness of the iPod. The old case was easy to snap on and pop off and it held well. Slowly over 2+ years the old case broke along the edges. It was still holding on tight but I knew soon I'd have to replace it. The old case is obsolete otherwise I would have just purchased another of the same.

This Speck PixelSkin case is a different design because it wraps around the face of the iPod and covers the start button. This design works well and provides more damage protection than my old case. The Speck is easy to put on and take off (easier than my old case) and it is securely in place when installed.

Pros:
- Easy to install and remove.
- Pushing the start button through the rubberized case is easy and works well.

Cons:
- Added weight over the old case I had.

I will certainly keep and use this case.

The bottom line is Apple is fixated at making their iPhones and iPod Touch models thinner and thinner. But due to the fact that they are very slippery, shiny, and fingerprint magnets, we buy cases. This defeats the desire to have a thin unit in our pocket.

From time to time I carry the naked iPod Touch in my shirt pocket. It truly is light and thin. When I've taken it out of my pocket, without a case installed, I'm always afraid I'm going to drop it. I'm disappointed in Apple in this regard. If the unit had been properly designed I would gladly use it without a case.
on October 30, 2008
If you've been waiting for a good case for your new ipod touch 2g than your wait is over. First, I had the belkin wave silicone case and it's good but not worth $25, maybe $10. This case by speck, is definitely worth the money. It fits the ipod perfectly, it has a nice grip, and feels sturdy enough to take a fall because of it's extra thick corners. It does not add much bulk to the touch so it's still looks cool in your hands.My suggestion on this product is if you don't have a case buy this, if you have one, consider buying this one, you will not regret this purchase.
55 comments| 203 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
Most iPod owners have had cases they caame to hate and subsequently disposed of before their time had come (I've been bequeathed a few). In that case, it was "good bye"; in this one, I'm happy to say, it's "good buy." As long as yours is the iPod Touch (an earlier model) for which this case is intended, you're getting maximum protection at one-fifth of the original price. Just make sure that your iPod does NOT have a camera of any sort, and this case most likely will fit it.

It's thicker, snugger, and covers more area than other, similar cases (the large patch at the bottom, covering the "home" button of the iPod, is too large for my tastes, making that button somewhat resistant to touch). But there's no denying that this case offers more protection than most, and it's got the "corrugated," or "pixillated" surface, which my wife insists is what prevents an iPod or iPhone from slipping out of her purse. Frankly, my prerference is for the Speck CandyShell, a considerably sleeker and slicker (and, unfortunately, slippery-er) iPod case, but this one is highly functional and effective (that purple color is hard to miss, even on a night without a full moon).
VINE VOICEon November 18, 2009
I agonized over a case selection ever since buying my 64GB gen 3 iPod nearly two months ago. I had not yet used it because I was afraid I'd break it or jack it up with scuff marks and scratches if I used it without a case (and likely would have). I originally searched for a case that offered screen protection as well as body protection. After failing to find a decent one I finally decided to trust the positive reviews on the Speck. Boy am I glad I did! The quality is top notch. The case arrived in quality packaging and slipped very easily over my new touch. There was no pulling or need to force it in. the fit was snug enough to inspire confidence in the safety of my device but not tight or stressing at all. For the screen I just picked up a pack of clear overlay screen protectors (which ironically took much longer to install than the Speck Case). The case did not increase the bulk of the unit much at all. The iPod is still nice, slender, and small, case and all. It has a nice solid rubber feel and I no longer feel like a clumsy drop is inevitable whenever I pick up my new iPod. Although the case covers the side and top buttons, there are moldings to indicate their location and it doesn't interfere in any way with operation. The bottom ports are unobstructed and easily accessible. The case (so far) doesn't seem to attract fuzz or dust as I expected it to (given the material). I highly recommend this case if you're searching for a decent case for your gen 3 (or older) iPod Touch.
on January 10, 2010
The only downside I have found to the iPod Touch is its lack of included case. I did a lot of research into what case to buy for it at an affordable price. For the money, this case is far and away the best product to protect your investment.

A lot of cases simply attach by snapping onto your iPod or clutching the outer edges. I have found these cases come off easily, especially when sliding into and out of pockets. The Speck case does clutch at three of the outer edges, but on the bottom (by the home button) the case covers the entire bottom black area. This means there is nearly zero chance the case will come off. In addition, the edges on the front of the case are raised so that you can place the iPod face down without any worry of the screen getting scratched. A finer point, but a definite plus.

The case has a nice design, with a solid rubber feel and back design that makes it easier to hold on to. There is a definite bulk that is added to the iPod by the case, but the iPod itself is so slim and light that this is not a negative at all: in fact, I find the case makes the product seem more solid overall.

My only complaints: no screen protector (but it's a case, not a package), slightly more difficult to find the volume and sleep buttons (though they are still easy to press), and picks up lint fairly easily.

Overall, fantastic and cheap product for what it is: a solid rubber case for your iPod touch.
on May 8, 2011
This is a decent case, but it has a few limitations that may be obvious: We could not plug it into the charging station we had while it was in the case because the case was too bulky to plug fully onto the charging stand (although you can still plug in the charging cord, but it may not work on a charging station). Also, there's no protective covering over the screen itself, so, if you want that sort of protection you'll need to purchase a separate screen protector (e.g., if you're going to put it in your pocket along with keys or something, this may not protect the screen as much as a case with a complete cover would). But, the price is hard to beat if those limitations aren't a concern for you.
I own several types of cases for my iPod Touch 2G. One is a hard case that you snap on to the iPod, one is a leather case that holds the iPod inside and opens for you to access the touch pad, a case that I use at the gym that's attached to an armband, and now this Speck case.

Is the Speck my favorite? Nah, but it's pretty nice to hold and definitely helps to protect the iPod Touch from light bumps and scratches.

What I like... the color, the textured feel, the ease of access to ports and the fact that it's so easy to get off and on the iPod Touch.

What I don't like... the way it gets dirty (wish I'd gotten a darker color at times), the fact that with the case on the iPod I can't put it into my charger stand, and that the case doesn't provide tough protection against a good thump the way the hard case does.

The bottom line... if you tend to hold your iPod a lot, you'll appreciate the feel of the PixelSkin and probably be satisfied with this as a case. If you want 'solid' protection for your iTouch... you may want to check out these hard cases instead: Griffin Wave Case with Interlocking Closure and EasyDock for iPod touch 2G, 3G (Pink) and Paul Frank Hard Slider Case for iPod touch 2G - Core Julius.