Speck Products CandyShell Case for Apple iPad, Nightshade Purple, IPAD-CNDY-A15A13
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- One-of-a-kind design; seamless hard shell case with soft, rubberized interior lining
- Flip-back panel for use with iPad dock and iPad keyboard dock (not included)
- Rubberized interior, front bezel and button covers offer shock absorption and protection
- Hard Shell. Soft Center. Sweet Looks... The ultimate in protection for iPad
- Please do not attempt to use flip-back panel as a stand or "foot".
Customers Also Shopped For
Top Customer Reviews
Unfortunately, after a couple months the rubber around the screen is starting to fray and pill, making it look a little thrashed. For the most part, its completely worth it for the protection it provides, especially that it protects that 30 pin port, which most cases leave open, and that it can fit on my Apple Dock, which is also a huge plus. I just wish that rubber around the front was a bit more resilient, like silicon or something.
- SHIPPING and DELIVERY: The shipper, Pots e Pans, got it to me 2 days before the estimated shipping date!
- INSTALLATION: It is fast and easy. Visit the Speck website, find the CandyShell for iPad, and click on the FAQS button. Watch the video; it explains the installation and removal in a very simple demonstration that greatly helped me. Removal is quick and simple.
- DESIGN: I love the design of this case. The rubbery inside leaves me assured that my iPad won't be scratched by any hard plastic. It fits snugly -- and that's a good thing! The hard plastic outer shell collects scratches easily, but hey, better the $15 case than the iPad, right? It's a very sleek, lightweight case. The rubbery lip is great; it gives me something to hold onto and also ensures that I can place my iPad on a flat surface on its face without the glass coming in contact with anything. I like the docking station flap, too. To those of you who don't have a dock: you don't necessarily need one with this case; the flap will stay open unless you push it closed, so it still works with a regular Apple charger. You probably want to either get a sleeve and/or a screen protector, though, since the CandyShell only protects the side and back of the iPad.
- PRICE: At the $15 I spent, it was totally worth it (and a lot cheaper than Speck's price of $50)!
- OVERALL: If you want a pretty, durable case for your iPad that shows of it's thin size, then this case is for you. If you want a more rugged/protective case, I suggest you check out an OtterBox. :)
Oh, and to those of you who are complaining about how this case doesn't fit the iPad 2: That's because it's made for the first generation iPad.
Feel free to ask any questions about the case!Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
I have an IPad 4 and I had already purchase the Targus Versavu case for my IPad, but I found my myself folding the case back all the time. Read morePublished on January 31, 2014 by Janette
She loved the color choice and also how well it fit to the ipad. The only difficulty she faces is when attempting to open and close the charge door it can be difficult and one can... Read morePublished on November 29, 2013 by Joshua Combs
Best Thin Case I have bought, say that bc I had a bulky otter box and this is almost as good but not as heavy and thickPublished on December 17, 2012 by Noone_but_u
Got this for my daughter. Six year old with an iPad! LOL It has done the job so far! It has helped keep the iPad protected!Published on October 23, 2012 by Mr inkaholic
Recieved this today, love the material, the color, great quality item. It is heavier than I thought it would be which makes the new iPad considerably heavier to carry but well... Read morePublished on August 13, 2012 by Yaelle
This case is so cute and i love that it is hard and not silicone. My iPad 1 is so protected and i couldn't ask for anything better. LOVE ITPublished on July 26, 2012 by first:)
Great item, but DOES NOT FIT IPAD2. The color is amazing! It seems very durable and provides support. cushion inside, snug fitPublished on January 11, 2012 by Rlopez
Really like this case! It's a nice shade of purple and it stays snuggly on my iPad. It already passed the protective test as my iPad accidentally took a 3 and 1/2 foot fall... Read morePublished on May 2, 2011 by Accordtrnsheads