Bubble Witch Saga 3 Industrial Deals HPC Best Books of the Month Red Shoes We Love nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Stream your favorites. Amazon music Unlimited. Learn more. All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Only $29.99 for a limited time Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheTick TheTick TheTick  Three new members of the Echo family Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now TG18PP_gno

Speed [Blu-ray]
Format: Blu-ray|Change

on August 15, 2013
Almost time for its 20th Anniversary but still moving along. This is the first time I have seen the movie and was happy to find that age has not stunted its entertainment value. There are other bus sagas, but this one tries to match the many 'train out of control' films; only in this case, it is a necessity to keep it moving above a certain speed or it will explode. There were a few incidents when the LA police are seen falling for tricks that were old when Dennis Hopper (then the oldest of the stars) was born. I suppose the writers can be forgiven since these were probably required to prepare the way for later scenes. At any rate, there is plenty of action, starred actors played their roles well (with Dennis Hopper, no doubt, encouraged to do his Mad Scientist bit of rug chewing) and the supporting cast did so, too.
While not in the category of best in its class, it is good and lively viewing for any action fan.
VINE VOICEon July 10, 2010
I'm not going to dwell much on the storyline or characters. I just want to say that this is one nail-biter right from the opening scene and is so much fun to watch. Sure it makes no sense if you're talking about something like this happening in real life (well maybe it does, but the bus would have exploded early on in its journey) but for entertainment value, this movie is way up there on the scale. Dennis Hopper was a wonderful villain and the characters are very likable.

I want to give thumbs way up for the audio portion of the Blu Ray - turn up the sound when you are watching this because the quality is truly stunning. Very realistic, nothing exaggerated. Dialog is clear and the movie makes good use of a surround system. The video is good, considering the age of the movie. The audio is just plain excellent.
on April 4, 2016
Okay so as far as dialog and plot this is FAR from cinematic genius, however as far as blowing things up and typical action movie fare this WILL scratch that itch. I enjoyed this as ridiculous as it is, I like it. If you WANT to turn your brain of for an hour or so look at a young beautiful Sandra Bullock and a few other actors that will have you saying, "Hey I recognize that guy, not sure from what though" this movie has that in spades!
on February 3, 2015
I haven't watched it yet, but I've seen it a few times before and have been craving this movie for a while. The price was finally right so I scooped it up and am very happy I did. Not sure about speed 2 but this one is a classic. If you like Keanu Reeves and Sandra Bullock you will enjoy this as long as you like faced paced action thrillers. There's not a lot of scenary it mostly takes place on a bus run amuck and stuck in fast gear, ok no more spoilers check this movie out if you can, I can't wait to watch it again now that I own it.
on October 25, 2017
Very underrated movie. This looks great on Blu-Ray and is definitly worth the price. Sometimes my internet won't stream fast enough and having a Blu-ray just makes the movies run so smoothly on my TV. Watching a Blu-ray just runs faster and looks better than anything on Netflix or cable.
on June 16, 2013
I have been wanting to share this movie with my son but was unable to find it at the local video store. Discovered that Amazon streams movies so was able to "rent" this movie for 24 hours. In terms of the movie itself, Speed was made in 1993 and most people have become used to extreme stunts but, for it's time, Speed has great stunts and a decent story line. Even though it is rated R, I let my 12 year old watch it since the violence (a few people get shot and a couple of people do die) is not graphic. My 20 year old daughter also had never seen the movie. We all enjoyed it!
on August 11, 2017
Hase Keanu Reeves what more needs to be said
on January 12, 2014
This review is not about the movie itself. Who needs another review of that? We all know what an excellent thrill-a-minute movie this is that stands the test of time. Its just as good today as it was yesterday, and will continue to be in the future. This review is simply to say that if you're looking to buy this title and want to know which edition is better, the Award Series edition or the 5-Star Collection edition, im here to say that they are both identical. Both have the same special features etc. So buy whichever one you can get cheaper and enjoy!!!!
on June 13, 2017
Still one of my favorite movies. It's one of my go to movies when I'm not in the mood for anything in particular. The blu-ray is great quality and definitely worth the money if you love this movie as well.
on December 2, 2014
This movie holds up just fine after all these years. In fact, it went by in a flash, it was so well-paced and entertaining. Keanu hadn't yet adopted that annoying hushed whispery affectation, and Sandra was even cuter than I remember. Dennis Hopper was his usual madman self without overdoing it too much, so it was great fun to watch again.