|Item Weight||180 pounds|
|Product Dimensions||28 x 26 x 43 inches|
|Item model number||AWNE92SP|
|Style||Top Load Washer|
|Power Source||Corded electric|
|Item Package Quantity||1|
|Number of Handles||1|
|Coverage||3.3 cu. ft.|
|Display Style||touch pad|
|Warranty Description||5 years parts and labor|
|Assembled Diameter||1 inches|
Speed Queen AWNE92SP Electronic Button Control Top Load Washer, 26", White
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Customers also shopped for
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
The Speed Queen 26" 3.3 cu. ft. Top-Load Washer is designed, built and tested to deliver commercial-grade performance. It features a 210-degree agitator with 60 strokes per minute, providing maximum water-to-laundry contact. It also features tubs that spins during the draining process, preventing dirt from lingering in the wash. The three temperature settings make sure your clothes suffer no damage when the proper temperature is selected. There are bleach and fabric softener dispensers which distributes those items itself when it gets to that point of the cycle. An extra-rinse option lets you rest assured that your garments have been thoroughly cleansed of dirt and soapy residue. The outer appearance of the unit is a clean white. Available at AppliancesConnection.
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Pros for this washer:
- Will fill to the top on Extra Large setting.
- The lid does not lock. You can open the lid at any time during the entire wash/rinse/spin cycle.
- Very short wash times.
- CLEAN laundry! Can actually smell the clean. Didn't notice the absence of that clean smell until I got it back with this washer.
- End of wash signal.
- Delayed start for up to 24 hours (haven't used this yet but looking forward to setting for early morning so laundry doesn't sit wet overnight.)
- Extended, 5 year warranty on parts and labor comes with the washer. I've read that some people say you're paying for it in the cost of the washer, as the price used to be $300 less than current selling price.
- Can set up to 9 different Favorite settings.
- Different wash cycles have different spin speeds (e.g. delicate spins slower than permanent press).
Cons for this washer:
- The most annoying thing is that this washer will not fill, agitate or spin when lid is open. I can understand agitate and spin, but fill? Directions tell you to pour detergent in bottom of washer, then add clothes, THEN close the lid to add the water. That means some clothes are just sitting right on top of non-diluted detergent. This is a very annoying feature, and I would love to figure out how to override for at least the fill time. I even watched a video on YouTube before I bought, which showed a guy doing a load with the lid open. He doesn't state he's tweaked it in any way. He is using the AWNE82, and I have the AWNE92, but I can't imagine that Speed Queen changed that feature between their two electronic models.
***EDITED: I used the instructions and photos I found on the discussion forum of www.automaticwasher.org to bypass this feature - easy to do and works great now!. (http://www.automaticwasher.org/cgi-bin/TD/TD-VIEWTHREAD.cgi?39369) I'm leaving this as a CON, however, because of the need to bypass it.***
- Size of tub is only 3.3 cubic ft. - however, I still was able to fit one queen sheet set and one twin sheet set and 5 bath towels in one load.
- When delivered, the tub had a black film on it. You can't see it with the naked eye, but rub a white towel in the tub and you'll see it. I had read about this and was prepared, but it did take two no-clothes wash cycles, one rubdown with Goo Gone and FOUR rubdowns with Windex and a white towel before it was all cleaned off.
- The only cycle for NORMAL is combined with the ECO setting, which starts with warm, then switches to cold water, regardless of your settings. Also, the directions say to not use the fabric softener dispenser on the ECO setting. This is annoying. So, instead I will set up a Favorite for my "normal".
I've only had this machine for one day, so these are all initial impressions. I will update if anything of note happens. Even though it looks like I've listed many cons, these are minor, and overall I'm very pleased with the machine. One thing I realized, however, is if you don't use HE detergent, it may become hard to find regular detergent in the stores! Also, at the time of this writing, there were three pictures on Amazon for this unit. The main picture it is showing is NOT the AWNE92 with 9 cycle settings. It is showing the AWNE82 with 3 settings. I've attached a picture of my AWNE92 panel.
***EDIT: Update 1/2016 - still loving this machine, definitely worth the money!
I've had my Speed Queen for almost a year and it's still running like champ with no isses! I'm very pleased with my washing machine. This machine can see upwards of 20 loads of laundry at any given time within a span of 2 days. I would have kicked myself in the ass if I would have bought an "HE" machine. Best "old school" washing machine that I have seen or used so far. Love it!
You have choices!!! You can select the amount of water you want, choose to save water or not, choose to per-soak a load, to rinse 1-3 times,optional favorite settings mode, it also offers water saving options (echo wash), etc.
This machine offers short cycles about 30 minutes. YEA!!! I have clean clothing, (That doesn't smell like mold/puke/armpits... after it has been washed UN-like laundry washed in HE machines...).
Clean and fresh smelling clothing. Boy, have I missed that for the past 10 years, trying one HE machine after another (9 in all) each of then lasting as little as 6 to 14 months before they broke down and/or had been repaired so many times they were replaced as lemons. Countless (5 year repair/replacement polices) all worthless. But the Speed Queen washer includes a 5 year warranty, it's made in the USA, so I won't have to hear parts are unavailable, any more. How can ya go wrong?
Most recent customer reviews
It took all day to do one load because it got confused and quit.Read more