Amazon Vehicles Beauty Trade in your textbooks STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Book House Cleaning masterpiece masterpiece masterpiece  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis Trade it in. Fund the next. National Bike Month on Amazon Ellen

Showing 1-10 of 618 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 642 reviews
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon February 14, 2016
Like walking around in a comfortable t-shirt, these Speedo swim trunks are comfortable, fit in almost everywhere, and allow you freedom of movement and motion without a scintilla of constriction or discomfort.

I began swimming with great frequency after recovering from a herniated disc. My old swim trunks were too loose and baggy for lap swimming and for the pool-specific exercises I needed to engage in with my physical therapist. That's how I settled on these trunks, which are versatile in a variety of circumstances -- whether lap swimming indoors, lounging on the beach, doing pool stretches and aerobics, or just traveling to and from the water.

PROS:

+ Secure & Comfortable Fit. The combination of the elastic waist and the drawstring provide a solid fit.

+ Functional Yet Comfortable. Great compromise between being overly form fitting versus too baggy and loose. Perfect for swimming laps, but not overly tight or form fitting.

+ Interior Full Mesh Liner. It provides a secure and comfortable nest, never riding up or chafing.

+ Length. Trunks rest just above the knee, a great compromise in length.

+ UV trunks provide a UPF 50+. (I've spent enough time in the Florida sun to verify, believe me.)

+ Pockets. Two hand pockets and a back zippered pocket.

+ Dries Quickly. Even the waistband seems to dry fairly quickly with these trunks.

+ Sturdy & Durable. So far they’ve held up well to stains and snags.

CONS:

- So-So Looking. Aesthetically, they’re not the most stylish looking trunks.

SIZING:

- I am 6’1, 185 lbs. I went with the Size Medium, which fit fine. I think the Size Large would’ve also fit me well.
on September 20, 2013
I bought one, and liked it so much I bought another. They are nice enough to wear as shorts, and don't stain or snag easily. Very comfortable small-mesh lining.

After having them for awhile, my wife remarked that they DO look a little baggy in the hips. I'm a 55 year-old guy, and I look a little baggy too, so I hadn't minded up to that point. But as an exercise, I bought a third pair, a size smaller than I usually wear. The normal-sized ones aren't TOO big in the legs/thighs for me, and I don't have big thighs, but the smaller ones just don't have the excess of fabric at the waist that makes them less attractive. I'm keeping all of them, but I'd suggest getting a size smaller than you normally wear.
on June 26, 2013
I wear a pair of Speedo shorts practically everyday of the year. They are comfortable. I'm a runner, and my weight can fluctuate as much as 25 pounds over the course of a year. These pants fit fine no matter my weight with the combination of elastic band and string tie. The zippered back pocket keeps valuables secure and the relatively deep front pockets make sure that items kept there, stay there. However, items in the front can look bulky.

I typically use these shorts in combination with compression shorts for running. Depending on the week, I will run anywhere from 20 to 100 miles. These shorts typically will last between 1.5 to 2 years of a pretty heavy cycle of wearing, use and washing. With some sewing, they can last longer. The material is fairly soft to touch. I've had some catch on things and tear, and I was able to still wear the pants after. So, they are durable. For me, the principle wear points are in the crotch and in the lining.

These are a good pair of shorts and a good value for the money. I will continue to buy and wear them.

2016 Update: Bought another set of 5 pairs in 2016 and the ones I bought in 2010 are still wearable. It's a great product.
on September 3, 2015
These just arrived and I immediately tried them on.

SIZE- I was a little concerned about the size when I ordered but they were a perfect fit. For sizing purposes I wear a pant size of 34 in the waist although sometimes a 36. My actual measurements are 36 in the biggest part of the waist and a 39 in the biggest part of the hips. The mediums fit nicely, just snug enough in the waist and comfortably loose in the rear without being baggy. I imagine someone could have an "actual" waist size of 34 to 37 and they would be happy with the mediums. If your actual waist size is over 36" and your hips (butt) is bigger, you may want to consider the large (which is also $8 cheaper for some reason).

COLOR- I ordered the granite, which turned out to be a very nice bluish grey.

STYLE- The style is very versatile!. They look like swim trunks but could also be worn as casual or athletic shorts without having that swimsuit look.I wouldn't have any qualms about wearing them on a nice golf course as well.
on November 11, 2015
I know these are men's, but I bought these for myself - I am a women size 8, bought a M that fits exactly as I want. I had an older pair that I loved until they fell apart and never realized they were men's ( however, the inside mesh should be a dead give-away, duh). I couldn't find anything like it in women's shorts. These wear an inch or so above the knee, baggy, modest, but really really comfortable, well made and in the $30ish price range. I travel a lot and also want something i can wear to a business hotel work-out room, or jogging around the neighborhood. All the women's shorts are like 3-in inseam Lycra booty shorts, and I just don't want to look like I'm advertising. The M waist is baggy, but you can pull the drawstring tight, and because they are men's cut, the M gives enough room in the hip and theigh.
on June 24, 2015
This is a Speedo product, and like all Speedo products they fit perfectly snug around the hips. They are a tad more open at the bottom, by design, and the waist is drawstring adjustable. You'll see other reviews complaining about the size is too small or too large, but I can tell you the fit is perfect...and you will look good wearing these shorts. They're extremely lightweight, they have pockets and the length is exactly right.

These are, in my opinion, the very best shorts you can buy for the beach.
on December 14, 2016
SPEEDO BRAND IS ONE OF MY BRANDS AND I LIKE THE MATERIAL USED ON THESE SHORTS AND I DO LIKE THE COLOR TOO. LARGE IS TOO LARGE AND THE POCKETS ON THE LARGE WERE THE SAME SIZE AS THE POCKETS ON THE MEDIUM. MEDIUM'S ARE TOO TIGHT AND LARGE'S ARE TOO BIG. A CLOTHE POCKET SHOULD BE ADDED TO THE INSIDE OF THE SHORTS INSTEAD OF A MESH NET NYLON KEY POCKET. THE POCKETS SHOULD BE DEEPER TO KEEP THINGS FROM FALLING OUT WHEN YOU SIT DOWN. A DIFFERENT DRAWSTRING SHOULD BE USED. THE SPANDEX BAND INSIDE THE WASTELINE OF THE SHORTS IS COMFORTABLE AND NOT TOO TIGHT. THE MATERIAL ON THESE SHORTS DRIES QUICKLY AND IS LIGHT BUT DURABLE AND NOT TOO HEAVY. THE CLOTHING TAG INSIDE THE SHORTS IS WELL DONE AND SNUGGLY IN THE SHORTS AND DOES NOT FADE QUICKLY RETAINING THE SIZE INFORMATION AND STYLE NUMBER AND MATERIAL INFORMATION.
GOOD ELASTIC BAND INSIDE WASTELINE.
GOOD MATERIAL.
MATERIAL IS NOT TOO HOT. MATERIAL IS NOT TOO HEAVY. MATERIAL IS SOFT AND COMFORTABLE.
GOOD COLOR; NO PROBLEMS WITH COLOR FADING.
MEDIUM IS TOO TIGHT ON THE WASTELINE AND LARGE IS OVERSIZED ON THE WASTELINE.
POCKETS NEED TO BE LONGER INSIDE FOR A DEEPER REACH AND A DEEPER POCKET.
A FLAP ON THE INSIDE OF THE POCKET THAT FOLDS DOWN INSIDE THE POCKET TO HOLD THINGS WOULD BE A POCKET IMPROVEMENT AND A CLOTH MATERIAL WORKS WELL FOR THAT PATTERN DESIGN IN A POCKET. KNOW THE IDEA BUT HAVE NOT SEEN IT USED ON SHORTS YET.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 14, 2015
Husband loves them but they run a little small. He usually wears medium but glad I ordered large. He's 6 ft, 175-180 lbs, little extra wt is in stomach so that should give you an idea of sizing.
Excellent swimsuit. It's lightweight yet feels substantial, and it dries quickly.

Nice pockets! It has deep side pockets that are snug and not apt to fall inside out every time one hangs suit to dry. Good back pocket with red zipper and short black overlap that just barely covers that zipper. Inside small velcro pocket for a locker key or something similar.

This is all all-around good swimsuit. It's modest and conservative while being highly functional and it will probably last over a decade.
on November 24, 2015
The medium was a perfect fit - I'm a 33 inch waist, 6', 185lbs, and for pants I usually go with a slim straight cut. Normally I'm right between a medium and a large whenever waist sizes aren't available, so it was nice this fit so well. Inseam falls a couple inches above the knee, which is just how I like it - not euro-shorty-short, or sloppy-long.

I didn't experience any of the bagginess around the rear that others reported. If anything, it appears to be the opposite. Not tight by any means - just oddly flattering. Like, I'm nervous there may be a construction site I'll have to walk past to get to the beach. Hopefully that was less weird to read than it was to type.

So why 4 stars & not 5? It is a good suit - quality of construction seems good, design with the seams, stitching, piping, etc are good, pocketing is okay, etc... all good, but nothing great. It you want a basic/conservative swimsuit and don't mind the prospect of getting heckled a bit, then this is the one for you.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.