Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Speedo Men's UPF 50+ Breaker Short Sleeve Rashguard Swim Tee
Amazon Vehicles Buy 2 kids' books and save Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Songs of Summer Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Totes Summer-Event-Garden Amazon Cash Back Offer power_s3 power_s3 power_s3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Shop Now

Well strange things have happened to me in my life, but not many much stranger than THIS...But having surfed all over this world with my wife who also surfed by my side, I had the misfortune to have just been forced to have a Mastectomy after a tumor was discovered during the course of 3 OTHER Emergency surgeries that came out of nowhere in April of this year. As a MAN, it has been a shock that I just never expected. Not to mention my back looks like a carved up turkey carcass.... So I found myself wishing I could find a rash guard that fit loose and not body forming like I have worn for over 30 years under my surfing wetsuits. Because NOW, I needed it to cover up the horrific scars so I could still at least use my hot tub and swim when I am strong enough eventually without grossing out my own wife and others around me who would be very unprepared for seeing the scars left behind. Even having lost over 55 pounds in just a couple months, my conventional rash guards were still the "clingy" style. This is nicer for me NOW since it is more of a tee shirt style, loose fitting and better lends itself to not let the scars/deformities show through. I am not used to feeling "shame" or this level of embarrassment and find it highly traumatic to be honest.....

Maybe my need for this is unconventional for this but my gratitude for this product is anything but. I LOVE it, it fits a bit large and loose which is exactly what it was I was looking for. In all my life I never could have guess that I would EVER have THIS need for a product like this....But all I can say is an honest heartfelt thank you to Speedo for manufacturing it, even if MY use for it is not for the use as it was intended for.
on January 16, 2014
I bought this shirt about a year ago, and only wear it when I'm at the beach or at the pool. Maybe a total of 15-20 times so far. Performs well, but the red stitching is coming out and I'll have to replace it soon because it looks bad. Otherwise, good design and performance.
on July 26, 2013
My husband is not a huge guy and I was surprised when we followed the sizing chart and he was an X-Large. Needless to say we got the shirt and he was swimming in it (no pun intended :). That was when I read the tag on the shirt that said something about being a roomier rash guard so I guess this was on purpose but this was way more than just roomy. I returned it and we'll probably order this same shirt again but in a medium. Other than that it came on time and seemed like a really nice shirt. He just never got to use it.
on April 6, 2015
I bought this rash shirt for my husband to snorkel in on our first-ever Caribbean cruise. I was afraid he wouldn't wear it but bought it anyway. He tried it on (he's 6'4") and liked the fit and said he'd wear it so he wouldn't get sunburned. We used blow-up snorkel vests over the rash shirts we had. We only snorkeled two times and that was just floating on the surface of the water, never down to coral etc. When I put this rash shirt in the laundry when we got home I noticed lots of tiny snags on the front and side where the tie of the snorkel vest was. This might happen with any rash shirt I guess. But when I went in his closet to take a photo of the snags, I noticed the hem was raveling. Not only that, I hadn't noticed it before but the hem was not even sewn correctly. But the shirt did look good on him and it shed water and didn't cling but for a second after he exited the water. Too bad it seems to be made cheaply. If only they could use that style and pattern for a better quality garment. I'll add the photos.
review image review image
on October 24, 2015
I bought this T-shirt for a trip to Hawaii and it really did work well. It kept me nice and cool and did protect me from UV rays. I got it in a small size after reading all the reviews saying that it ran big and it really fits me well. I am around 5'7" and 150 lbs, that will hopefully help you decide which size is good for you. It does not feel either baggy or loose it feels just right, maybe just a bit, seriously, just a bit tight on the chest, but that is just me. I read some reviews saying that they got shirts which colours didn't match what they had ordered, but mine had its colours just as shown in the picture. One more thing I did appreciate is that it does not make me look like a walking advertisement. I went to different shops close to where I live and the amount of lettering and logos on the shirts was beyond what I thought was in good taste; maybe others like it, but I don't. This T-shirt does its job, is discreet, and looks great on me. I can wear it on its own or as an undershirt when on a long flight and then wash on the bathroom sink to wear it again. Just to make it absolutely clear, yes, I really like it.
on February 14, 2015
I was advised to buy a couple of rash guards when I recently started BJJ. I liked the price on these and that they came from a recognized company.

I selected the medium-size as this is a size of t-shirt that I commonly wear. Reviews stated that a significant amount of people found these shirts to fit a little loose and I would agree with that; a large t-shirt typically fits me like one of these medium rash guards. It's not a big deal though and the fit is acceptable to me.

For Ju Jitsu it works well under the gi, not being too hot and not getting clingy and uncomfortable when I sweat. It seems to dry fast and to not get too stinky either.

I'd recommend these for wear under a gi or other martial arts garb and for wearing alone for general workouts. Maybe order a size smaller than your t-shirt unless you like a looser fit.
on October 18, 2015
A great shirt to wear both in and out of the water. Looks like a regular tee shirt so it is able to be worn about town with the protection of the sun's exposure. It washes well and dries fast. Going to purchase a few more.
on September 21, 2015
This shirt was great. I wore it everywhere on my trip to Hawaii. We were in the water so much I just kept it on all the time. It fit great, looks great, and feels great. It was a huge help in staying sun burn free. My only complaint is that it has a little bit of a stiff texture to it that after long use in the water made my nipples chafe. That's always uncomfortable.
on August 14, 2015
Bought this shirt to use at a water park and I ordered the smallest size they had but it still ran big. Ran a bit too long and baggy for my taste (I am a 5'8'' 130 adult male). While I did not get a sunburn the shirt did its job in that sense but I would of like it to fit more snug to my body so I will be looking for another shirt elsewhere for next time.
on June 3, 2015
Quality is pretty good. I don't know how it compares to other rashguards since this is my first one. But you might want to order a size down since it runs a bit larger. I was skeptical at first ordering a small (after reading other people's reviews) because I usually wear a medium for tshirts but it surprisingly fits well. The only issue I have is that the black shirt doesn't have blue and white lines; it's red and white lines.
review image