Industrial Deals Best Books of the Year Black Friday Deals Week nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch For a limited time. 3 months for $0.99. Amazon Music Unlimited. New subscribers only. Terms and conditions apply. Electronics Gift Guide Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon soul2soul soul2soul soul2soul  Three new members of the Echo family All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 All-New Kindle Oasis GNO Shop now HTL17_gno

on September 5, 2013
Our entire swim team has these bags so naturally my kids had to have them. Everyone else writes about quality so I'll write about the colors I've seen in person and own. The red looks darker in person, not so candy red (my son has the red).The blues are very close to the photos. The lightest blue looks a little more like powder blue in person. The pink is a lot nicer in person not as rosy but still a med pink.(my daughter has the pink). The yellow is more neon in person.The neon lime is a lot brighter than the photo. The maroon,purple and forest green are really dark boy type colors in person. Maybe out in the sun they would look like the photo but at an indoor pool they look darker.The neon orange is the color of a hunting vest. I almost got it because in the photo it's more of a tangerine, in person it is very neon hunting vest orange.

The bags are a shinny material but not as shinny as the photos. My kids are both 8yrs. old and small for their age. The large backpacks swallow them whole but they need room for more clothes/towels in the winter. If you have year round swimmers that go to meets this is a great bag.
11 helpful votes
12 helpful votes
11 comment|Report abuse
on April 27, 2014
Growing up as a swimmer I lived with Speedo backpacks as part of my life, but now as an adult I love them as well for workout bags. I use the swim suit storage part for shoes or sweaty workout clothes and the extra pouches are amazing. Honestly, if you swim, this is your bag. Period. I have been swimming for most of my life, so believe me when I say that this bag is a swimmer's or workout partner's best friend. This bag will put up with smelly clothes, shampoo and gatorage spills, pets who need something to nibble on or to be transported from here to there. The only thing to make sure is to air it out at some point like all workout bags should be if you sweat and store your clothes in it. You can fit 5-8 towels, a cooler, 2 extra changes of clothes, a pair of sneakers, money that magically appears, at least 20 pairs of goggles and 15 cap, iPods, books, conveniently unfinished homework, medals, ribbons, bag tags, inhalers, and whatever else in this bag. It will become your best friend. All of your peers will know you by the color of your bag. It will be your pillow and your lifeline. It is not just a bag, but a part of your swimming or workout experience. I like this bag.
4 helpful votes
on April 8, 2014
I bought this bag as a replacement for an old Speedo swim bag that I have had since middle school (I am now 27). I took my previous bag to practice everyday and travelled extensively with it before the main compartment zipper started acting up. I thought that this bag would be a good replacement (same brand, large size, lots of pockets). The bag seems okay for the gym so far--it fits all of my gym items and has the compartment for wet/dirty clothing or shoes. One of my major gripes is that it is *so* much smaller than its predecessor. The measurements are listed so I had an idea of the size, but I'm not sure how this can possibly be considered large when it only slightly out measures my mini pack of the old version. I also have issues when pulling on the second strap; as soon as my hand touches the clasp it completely loosens and I have to readjust the strap with the pack on. Regardless of how gingerly I try to pull on the strap it almost always loosens, which is a problem I've only ever had with exceptionally cheap backpacks and messenger bags. Pure speculation as I've only had this bag a couple of months, but I don't expect the zippers and/or the material to last more than a year or so of regular use. While the small pockets sound nice in theory they are pretty useless unless you really want to just use the front pocket for pens (it actually has pen slots sewn in...in an athletic bag). This bag seems to be confused about whether it wants to be a trendy school bag or a useful multipurpose bag. I wish Speedo had just kept the utilitarian carryall design with the nice leather style fold top.
on June 19, 2013
My child and I swim 4-5 days a week. The bag is worth the cost and has made hauling all of our stuff easier.

Pros:
Wet pouch is very useful.
Flip-top zipper top stays open well.
Side pockets are big enough for oversized kid goggle cases plus my goggle case.
Interior is very spacious.
Interior pocket would work well for 17" laptop or all of the shower stuff we take to swimming.
Comfortable padded straps.
Love the purple color.

Wishful thinking:
Larger wet pouch to fit our standard size bath towels AND swimsuits. Maybe we should buy smaller towels.
Larger gadget pocket. My iPhone 5 has to be tucked under the upper flap to fit. Really just an extra step but it's annoying.
Goggle pouch inside front pocket is too small for our aqua sphere goggles. Really the pocket is tiny!
The front pocket is oddly shaped and is not deep enough. A full bag means the items in the front pouch are squeezed out.
The loop to hang the bag up is positioned poorly on the bag. The bag doesn't hang well/easily.

I recommend this bag. It is well-priced and we enjoy using it overall.
on December 12, 2013
Very few items get a 5 star rating from me, but this is one of them. Unlike what some other reviewers have stated, the bag is not huge but I consider it to be right-sized for my needs. It is about the average size of a regular backpack. I have a small speedo backpack that I have had for 20 years and it still shows no sign of significant wear. But because I already had a speedo backpack I realized that they tend to make things smaller than what others might. For that reason I chose the big backpack. It arrived the other day right before I headed to the pool and so I took the time to transfer my gear to the bag.
Inside: Inside the main compartment of the bag there is a separate section in the rear area that is open at the top. This area is not big enough for a kick board and so I am not sure that I will use it, but maybe if I had a big tablet it would fit well. But anyway the main compartment is big enough for my speedo kickboard, fins, swimsuit or two, and a medium size towel. The wet cloths area at the bottom of the bag (enter through the front) does take away some area from anything stored in the main compartment.
Side compartments: they are big and well thought out. The main one on the front is padded and should help to protect goggles or whatever.
Outside: It is a well designed bag that is made of a different material than the one that I purchased 20 years ago, but it looks like it will last as long. The shoulder, chest and waist strap are well made and are strong. The small straps on the front at the top are supposed to be to carry a wet towel but I could not get enough slack in them to pull my towel through. It would be better if they were adjustable. I will add a large D-clip for my towel and other wet items after I exit the pool.
Overall impression: Speedo put a lot of thought into the design of the bag and it looks like I will have it for a long time. I have never seen speedo put their name on an inferior product and I would say that their name is well-served with this bag.
on October 1, 2012
I recently was injured while running and was told I needed to turn to water for rehab - a big change from running out the front door with nothing on me but clothes, an iPod, and a house key. My old stand-by Sherpani backpack wasn't cutting it at the Y locker room. I initially ordered a backpack designed specifically for locker use, and was very disappointed. Then I ordered this backpack - and I am THRILLED! It has everything I need. Front mesh pocket for easy access to my Y card and locker room key, side pockets perfect for shampoo, soap, moisturizer. Center of the bag is just right for my swim suit, towel, and workout clothes. There's a dry bag space for me to tuck my wet swim suit and towel. It's comfortable to carry, feels perfect on my shoulder, and fits in the locker like a dream.

I had some concerns about color based on some of the reports here, and made up my mind to just take whatever I got. I ordered the purple, and the color of the bag matches *exactly* to the color of the pictures on Amazon.

I am 100% satisfied with this purchase.
VINE VOICEon February 13, 2013
I use this Speedo backpack for hauling my swim gear to and from the pool. On top of that, I often bike to the pool, so I need a pack that is not just storage, but also hugs your back. This backpack does both.

You find yourself developing patterns of use, whatever the original design intents. There's a special zippered pouch for your sunglasses. My keys fit I another enclosed pouch. I carry one water bottle, and I wish the mesh pocket on the side was a bit longer to hold it securely (there is one on both sides). The bottles compartment, accessible from the outside, is for your wet gear. I've not had problems with this leaking inside. Inside the big compartment, there is an open pocket that holds my dry clothes. Then the rest of the big compartment gets my towel or two, a swim buoy, and goggles. And there is still plenty of room! For my needs, the pack could be a little smaller, but I will be adding swimming fins soon, and will probably slide them inside that inner open pocket. All zippers work smoothly.

There is a little loop on the outside that I clip my blinking tail light to when I bicycle. I wish there was more reflective tape on the black backpack, since it's size means much of my green cycling jacket is camouflaged in black.

I like that I have a backpack dedicated to swimming gear.
on August 20, 2014
I swim every night and this bag makes it possible for me to have room for everything I need at the pool. Toiletries, 2 beach towels, clothing, snacks, vitamins in their original bottles, water bottle, cell phone in it's own pocket, my audioflood waterproof ipod, wallet, etc. Everything you need and no need for a locker. Everything you need at the poolside.
on February 23, 2013
I wanted a backpack because I was tired of being weighed down on one side by my big heavy gym bag and carrying fewer things to my before work work-out was not an option. When I first opened the box I was a little bit skeptical, because it actually looked a little smaller than my previous bag, which I have packed to the gills before with winter weather appropriate clothing and the other things I need to get ready for work in the morning. With all of the pockets and organization, though, it has been perfect, even with my bulky winter clothes. To give you an idea, I have packed this bag full with a change of warm winter clothes - including boots, a medium sized cosmetic bag, a bath towel, shower shoes, full (13oz) bottles of shampoo and conditioner, a full sized brush, hairspray, mousse, a curling iron, lotion, deodorant, various hair ties, my phone, a waist pack for my workout, and a few other odds and ends. If I really had to, I'm sure I could fit more things if they were small. The point being: this bag is amazing, carries everything I need, and now I am no longer straining to carry the weight as it is distributed evenly across my back. Get it.
on July 24, 2013
At first impression, you see it a little bit small. Until you start to put thing into it !!
Is really handy, the side pockets are great, and the top load makes it bigger.
The front pocket is a little bit small, but hey, is not an office backpack ;-)
The wet pocket at the bottom is a very smart thing. Well done that !
Is really comfortable in your back and it seems very well made.
I use it almost everyday to go to the Gym, where I swimm, I do weights, I take a bath, and then go to Job. So from time to time I actually carry my lunch in it xDD
The only bad points I see so far are, that it could be a little bit more strong, since it is supposed to be an exercise backpack, and even more if you plan to use it everyday. The most weakness it has, are the zippers, they REALLY should be stronger.
Aboce everything else, I really think that despite an everyday usage, if you treat it nicely, It will last a couple of years. More than wanted xDD
0Comment|Report abuse

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.