Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Speedo Men's PowerFLEX Eco Solid Jammer Swimsuit, Sapphire, 36
Amazon Vehicles Back to School Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Totes Amazon Cash Back Offer ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Florida Georgia Line Shop Now

Size: 36|Color: Sapphire|Change
Price:$39.99+ Free shipping

on August 28, 2011
I normally wear a size 32 in pants, and after reading other reviews on Amazon I order these in a size 34. Originally they fit great and were not too tight. However, I've noticed that that material has loosened up quite a bit in the last few weeks and is now a little loose. I purchased the same thing at a store in town on sale, but this time in size 32. It was tight the first time I put it on, but has since loosened up some and is now very comfortable and the fit is much better then the 34.
22 comments| 151 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 8, 2007
I got tired of the drag of traditional bathing suit during lap swim, so purchased this tighter fitting suit. Not a fan of the 'speedo look' so this long legged version was a good compromise.

As other reviewers have mentioned the suit sizes small. Size 30 waist jeans are a little loose on me so I ordered a 30 waist trunk. When I got the suit it was tight in the waist and in the bottom of the legs (hoping the elastic there will loosen a little with time). If I were to order again, would go for one size above my jeans waist size.
22 comments| 58 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 13, 2013
Buy the Speedo Endurance+ line, which is made of polyester. I bought this one and with the amount of swimming I do ( 3-days a week for 80 minutes each) these basically couldn't handle the chlorination/chemicals in the pool and started stretching out and thinning after only a few months. My Endurance+ ones have lasted up to a year and a half. Boo.....yah.
on December 30, 2014
Based on other reviews, I was mixed about which size should I get. I am 5'8", 170 lbs., 33" waist, 39" hips, and 17" circumference around the top of my knee, so I got two. One sized 32" and one sized 34". I figured I can alternate between the two and always have a dry one in the locker at the gym for those times when I want to go for a quick swim at a moment's notice.

When first trying them on, the 34 was more comfortable and natural and the 32 was a bit snug, but not too tight to be uncomfortable and constricting, especially around the lower part of my thighs. I was worried that the 32 may not work for me as the 34 felt better, but that was on dry land. Surprisingly, after a few sessions with both of them, I would be fine if I had ordered either size if just having one. If I had to decide just to have one, I'd go with the 32. Both loosened up a slight bit and both are fine hugging my body without sagging. Over time, I think the 34 will sag much more quickly, but there's no evidence of that happening, just a gut feel.

The 78% Nylon/22% Lycra material blend is fine and not sheer. I am very careful not to sit on the edge of the pool or anywhere so I don't wear down the material, especially on the back side where the sheerness tends to happen first. I have wringed out other suits only to hear small strands of fabric tear, so I am also delicate when rinsing and getting the water out from these. Overall, I am happy with the two and would order again..

Update 7/25/15 - Changed from 5 stars to 3 stars. Material has not held up on both swimsuits. Material on back side close to the middle seam is fatigued and is now sheer, so I could imagine others having to deal with see my crack. It's also happening underneath in crotch area. The ultimate issue is the front no longer covers the details of the shape of my "package". Replaced both suits with the TYR's Durafast Elite line. You may want to consider Speedo's Endurance+ line too.

If you have any questions, just ask. Also, if this review was helpful in any way, please click the "Yes" button to the "Was this review helpful to you?" on the next line. I would appreciate it!
on December 5, 2014
I wear this pair of swimming trunks only 2 months.It can't wear any more,because it's without the elastic, all of elastic was fracture, it's a very unpleasant shopping experience.
review image review image review image review image
on April 8, 2009
I wear a size 34 without a belt and the size 36 jammer fits just right. They have a drawstring for tightening the waist if needed. Will buy again.
on May 20, 2006
This is my favorite for lap swims. Reasonable modesty, but not baggy. You'll move through the water with ease with minimum suit slippage. If you are not looking for a tan, get this one!
on March 19, 2014
I'm rehabbing from a running injury and needed something else to do apart from cycling when it's too cold or raining outside. I decided to try out swimming. This is my first pair of tight swimming shorts. I wear a size 34, and I ordered a size 34. Fits perfectly. No reason to upsize or downsize. I've worn them multiple times for laps in the pool at my college recreation center and I couldn't be happier. Now I just need to get a second pair. Totally pleased with the product so far.
on October 1, 2006
i got another pair a size larger. they were still tighter than i thought they would be . these are lined so you feel very comfortable in the water, and they are thicker than they look i wear them to the gym.
on March 1, 2011
I have purchased this suit before and it fits great and lasts a really long time. The last one was used for close to a year swimming 4-5 times a week. It finally got to thin to wear any longer. Tried a different style which didn't last nearly as long, so came back to this one.