Truck Reviews Beauty Spring Reading Men's slip on sneakers nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Unlimited Music. Always ad-free. Learn more. Fire TV Stick Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Shop by look Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheGrandTour TheGrandTour TheGrandTour  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now Start your Baby Registry

For swim workouts, Speedo Jammers are the way to go, especially if you don't have the body of an Olympic swimmer. They are comfortable and look way better than the bikini brief or square cut Speedos, both of which I have. Also, it may be a placebo effect but I actually felt that my performance increased in these shorts. The fabric of the Sonic Splice is nicer than that of the Rapid Splice so pay the extra $6 and get these. I bought them both and sent back the Rapid Spice because the quality isn't as good. I bought a size 34 and the fit is perfect. I'm 5'9" and 169 pounds and wear most things in a size 36 but I wouldn't want this swimsuit any bigger so I'm glad I went with the smaller size. They come down about 3" short of my knees. They also have a very long drawstring on the inside. My buddy who swore he'd never wear a Speedo bought a pair of these for training and loves them. I've only been using them once a week for a couple months so I can't attest to their long-term durability but so far they still look like new.
2 people found this helpful
on January 10, 2013
I have worn this suit for a couple of weekends and love it. As other reviewers noted I bought one size up so 36 vs a pants size 34. I am 5'9" 170 lbs they are not too tight on waist and I think will fit well even if I get closer to my target weight under 165. I did not find them too tight on my thighs but while I do some weight lifting would guess my legs are pretty average. Important to note this fabric does not act at all like lycra and has little to no stretch. For me overall fit is great. I chose this particular style because they were about 10% cheaper than the other Speedos made from the Endurance fabric. Better than basic black anyway. I swim weekends in the winter about an hour a day and usually every day over the holidays. Our Y pool uses a lot of chlorine. My last lycra speedo was showing wear in less than one year. Based on other reviews I would hope if I rinse in cold water after each swim this should last for years. Will update later if my results vary
One person found this helpful
on December 16, 2010
I have found this swimsuit to be very well suited for swimming laps at the gym. I use it about 3 times a week for about one hour each session. I have no complaints so far, although I have not tested its durability in the washing machine; I don't see this happening anytime soon because rinsing out the suit after every swim seems to prevent any smell from accumulating even after about 2 months of use.

I followed the advice of one of the other reviewers on buying one size bigger than expected and bought a size 36" inseam. I wear size 34" inseam jeans that are a little loose on me, and I also own 32" inseam jeans that fit a bit snug. Size 36" of this suit fit perfectly. It has a drawstring that one could tie if it does in fact start to get loose (exercise regime is working perhaps?). It has no pockets which is fine since I use it for exercise only. It fits the body tightly, but also provides enough cover for those of us who are somewhat modest.

Overall, a very fine product that I would recommend to anyone looking for a suit to crank out the laps at the gym.
on August 20, 2013
I started swimming with a "masters" club about 5 months ago. I purchased 2 of these(one in blue and one in red). I liked them so much that I purchased another last week(green). I swim 3-4 times a week.The first two have held up perfectly with no signs of wear so I feel confident that this pair will do the same. My only issue is that I'm a size 30" waist. I ordered mine in a 32" and they are all quite snug, so "size up" accordingly. Hope this helps.
on May 27, 2014
This item was purchased for an 11 year old boy, I purchased it because the youth swimsuit seemed a little too tight and the mens swinsuit was the next size larger so I thought I would give it a try, but as I expected it fits an 11 year old too loose in the legs so I'll just keep it until he fits in it, it's made well and looks very nice as well, so YES I would recomend this swimsuit I'm very happy with my purchase and my son likes it very much.
One person found this helpful
on August 20, 2012
I swim almost every day, about 22-25 miles a week. One of these suits will usually last 8-12 months for me. I try to wear it only when swimming and not in the car on the way to pool or on the way back, just to help a little with making it last longer. I am about a size 30-32 waist (depends on type of pants) and wear a size 32. Its pretty snug getting into it for the first couple of weeks, but then it does stretch out a bit, however, this suit is not as stretchy as the lycra or xtralife lycra suits. That is good from a durability standpoint, but depending on how tight you like your suit, you may want to go up a size.

Overall, an excellent product and I will certainly be getting more.
on December 30, 2013
I've just started back to swimming as my primary cardio work out, and I also swim to improve my paddling strength for surfing. This swimsuit is a very good option for the pool, sure beats standard swim trunks that take forever to dry out, and create drag in the water. I've found this swimsuit to be a great option, fits a bit tight on my legs, but I think that is by design, plus I have good size upper legs. I order a 34in waist, even though I wear a 32 or 33 for most of my shorts and pants. So far this suit is holding up well with 3 months of swimming. The chlorine from the pool hasn't altered color, but I do rinse it out after each use.
on July 12, 2012
Ive just started using these, and I love them so far. I'm not sure how I look, probably a little worse than I hope and not quite as bad as I fear, but I still love them.

Fit is quite snug, so unless your super skinny, consider buying one size up from what you normally wear. First one I ordered was in my actual size, and too tight for comfort. The next size up is great.
on March 30, 2012
My 14 year old son just got these for his competitive swimming and we were all very impressed with the beautiful red and white striped design down the side and the quality of the material. He got a size 32 based on trying other Jammers on locally and these fit snug with a little looseness here and there but he is on the thin side. They arrived promptly with 2 day prime shipping and were well packaged.
on February 9, 2014
I love this swimsuit a lot. It seems here in America the regular speedo (or 'banana hammock' as they call it) is somewhat frowned upon in public places. These however are a great compromise that allow you to swim without the hindrance of regular swim shorts and yet avoid the potential 'hammock' situation. As others have said, the sizing is small. I'm normally a 30"-32" waist for jeans etc., but with these the 34" fit perfectly (thank you, previous reviewers). For the record I am 6' 170lbs.
|0Comment|Report abuse

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.