Bubble Witch Saga 3 Industrial Deals Beauty Most Anticipated Fall Children's Books Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Transparent Transparent Transparent  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Trade in. Get paid. Go shopping. Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 415 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 436 reviews
on July 8, 2013
After wearing these for less than a week the inner soles fell out (in three days!). Wearing these without the inner soles hurts the feet. The inner soles can be put back in but they slip around and are a pain on the feet. Also, the fabric of the shoe does not wear well. It rips easily and pulls away from the bottom sole.

Another person on the same trip as me had a similar Speedo pair and had the same issue with the inner sole coming out after wearing the shoes for only a few days.

How were these shoes used? They were worn while in the water, on sand beach, in some muddy water, and some general walking inside.

I will not recommend these shoes or Speedo shoes in general.
on November 22, 2011
I have been running for about 4 years now and currently run 20 miles a week (split over 4 days). Anytime I can, I run with no footwear at all (I'd say "barefoot" but there's now things like Merrell Men's Trail Glove Barefoot Running Shoes -- as I say, "I don't think that word means what you think it means.") In theory I can run year-round, but when there's snow on the ground or the temperature is below 15°F, the margin-of-error for frostbite is vanishingly small. So, during winter, I found that the KMart mesh-top water shoes I bought 15 years ago worked great -- just enough to keep the frozen waters and wind off my feet.

They finally wore out so I was looking for a cheap replacement. My first selection was Cudas Men's Flatwater Water Shoe, but they would fall off my feet. Second, I tried these Speedo Men's Surfwalker Pro All-Purpose Water Shoe. They are marginally better than the Cudas: both shoes actually stay on my feet although the right one tends to slip down my ankle uncomfortably. After running in them for a couple days, I started forming a blister near my heel so I opted instead to finish the run barefoot in 30°F weather.

What I find is that the quality and finish on these shoes is astonishingly poor. I cannot fathom any purpose for these other than as slippers: certainly not "all-purpose". If one were to wear them for any active task for a length of time, the rough edges on the inside would eventually ruin jeir feet.

As such, they are uncomfortable slippers that do not fall off on their own. This, to me, is no definition of an "all-purpose water shoe", but rather, a "barely adequate slipper."
on July 22, 2013
I bought these because the beach I go to here in Massachusetts has a very rocky zone. So I definitely needed something that would protect me while going through that. These do the job. I am a size 10.5 shoe normally so went ahead and bought both 11 and 10. I definitely feel the 10 is better than the 11. Less wiggle room without being too tight. So if you're a half size, order down.

As some other reviews have pointed out, the inner sole does come loose. Was it designed that way? Not sure. But while your feet are in the actual shoe it's not a problem.

All in all, it's a good shoe that I would happily use when walking out to the pool or going into a lake or going into the ocean. Definitely recommended.
on November 9, 2013
The sole on these is somewhat stiffer than on similar cheap watershoe products, and that's not necessarily a bad thing, but there is a little less of that "barefoot feel", and traction is slightly less than that of a softer sole. Construction seems good, less stitching than many designs suggests a longer lasting upper.

Note: I use these kinds of water-shoes as martial arts slippers. The light weight, snug fit, clean profile, breathability and excellent traction are hard to beat for this use, especially for such low cost, compared to a laced wrestling or boxing trainer. You might want something a little heavier and sturdier in an actual fight, but for training these are ideal. Be aware that these soft soles can leave scuff marks and even shred a bit, nothing that can't be easily cleaned off or swept away.

As mentioned before, the traction on this shoe is slightly but noticeably less than that of a "cheaper" softer sole, if you're looking for maximum traction and don't care about long term wear, this may not be the shoe for you.
on July 10, 2013
These shoes were perfect for beach time. We bought these for a trip. After reading the reviews, I ordered a size smaller than normal. The shoes were still a little big for my husband. The shoes are like most water shoes, the insoles are not glued in....so what. That is typical with this particular kind of shoe. We didn't have a problem with it shifting. The soles were great for gripping things we were walking on. No slipping there... Great product.
on September 23, 2013
The thin fabric insole comes unglued first and you get a waffled footbed that's uncomfortable on the soles of your feet. Then the toe box comes unglued from the rubber outer sole. Since the toe and the sole separate, I get a scoop of sand in there when I walk across the beach. Worthless junk! I bought four pair for the family and they're all the same garbage.
on March 17, 2014
As has been reported by many other reviewers for this product it was my experience that the cushion inserts fell out on the very first use and while they can but put back they do not stay in place. All I did with these water shoes was walk down and back in an indoor pool for excerise. I don't traverse rocky terraine, I don't walk in muddy river water, just walk in a clean pool.

It is very disappointing when any product fails on the first use. I selected these because Speedo is a well-known brand that I trust. I purchased a Speedo kickboard several months ago and am very happy with that -- too bad the water shoes were not made with the same attention to quality as the kickboard.

The only use I can possibly think of for these water shoes is in the gym when you don't want to go barefoot in the showers. For actual water walking -- look elsewhere
on January 23, 2011
The reason for purchasing a "water shoe" is that in my current Physical Therapy (PT) plan I had to proceed with the modality of Aquatic PT or Water PT or Pool PT. It was recommended that I get such shoes. After doing some search online I settled with this product mostly due to the reviews of prior buyers of it & fulfilling my financial criteria of not being more than $25, it was few cents below this amount after factoring in the shipping & handling (S&H) fee. The benefits outweighed the risks on those reviews. In the close to a month that I have had this product, I have used it several times & I have been satisfied with this new purchase since it has fitted the "bill" meaning they have been COMFORTABLE & they have been effective in the way of accomplishing the task @ hand by providing safety during this new PT endeavor. One comment here that takes care of some of the critics of this product. Their claim was that this shoe @ times it was not snug enough & the foot would wiggle inside. I have prevented this problem by wearing standard socks with it. I also took the advise of getting one half size smaller, meaning since I am 9 & half, I did get size 9 which I had to do anyway since they do not sell them in half sizes. The prior reviews had not made a point about the upper part of the shoe being able to be stretched enough so one could put these shoes on without a shoe horn, so the first time I put them on I used one but the second time, I ventured without a horn & to my pleasant surprise I was able to stretch it comfortably & put them on without a horn which saves time & effort in one's routine. I now understand why some of the prior reviews folks wrote that they use this water shoe as a "dry shoe", ha-ha, meaning that they wear it even when they do not go into a water environment due to its comfortable feel. I may try them this way as well in the near future.
on August 20, 2013
the shoe has all of the material to make a good water shoe but it just doesn't hold up. I specifically bought them to wear at a water park. Little did i know, after being in the water for less than an hour, the in-sole's adhesive (if any was there in the first place) had been eroded to the point that it slid around inside the shoe with every step. I was forced to take out the sole since it wouldn't stay and without it the shoe literally felt as though i was walking on a rock covered in cheap rubber. Definitely not worth the 28 bucks i spent. Get some better quality (and more secure) in-soles.
on July 21, 2013
I bought these as a gift for my boyfriend. He normally wears size 15 shoes, so I took the risk and ordered these as large as they come - 14. I couldn't find larger ones anywhere. He lives them and they work great...protect your feet in water and when walking in rocky creeks, etc. some other reviews have complained of the lining coming out when they walk in them - yes, all water socks this style (no matter the brand) will do that. They aren't meant to be worn on the beach or pavement, especially when they are wet. I've had a few pairs over the last 20 years, and they will all do the same thing. If you choose, you can take the lining out, but that compromises the cushion.
Anyway, these are great!! I would highly recommend them. Go with a little smaller size than you normally wear, because your feet do shrink a little in water.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.