|Price:||$13.49 & FREE Shipping on orders over $49. Details|
Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) is a service we offer sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's fulfillment centers, and we directly pack, ship, and provide customer service for these products. Something we hope you'll especially enjoy: FBA items qualify for FREE Shipping and .
If you're a seller, Fulfillment by Amazon can help you increase your sales. We invite you to learn more about Fulfillment by Amazon .
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Speedy Sharp Carbide Knife Sharpener - Made in the USA
- Sharpens any type of blade, straight edge, serrated knives, scissors, garden tools,fish hooks etc
- Life time warranty - NEVER WEARS OUT. The sharpening possibilities are endless
- Fits in your pocket, hunting pack, tackle box, kitchen drawer lightweight & portable
- Made of MICRO 100 SUPER CARBIDE
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Compare to Similar Items
This item: Speedy Sharp
Corona AC 8300 Sharpening Tool B000BPASBK
Accu Sharp 060 GardenSharp Tool Sharpener B000IXC6GA
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Sold By||FRIENDLY BROS.||Amazon.com||Amazon.com||Amazon.com|
|Dimensions||0.5 inches x 4 inches x 0.25 inches||4.3 inches x 0.8 inches x 0.3 inches||1 inches x 9 inches x 4 inches||1 inches x 5 inches x 1 inches|
|Item Package Weight||0.05 pounds||0.1 pounds||0.1 pounds||0.3 pounds|
Please help us improve this feature. Tell us what you think of this feature.
Top Customer Reviews
My favorite thing is that the Speedy Sharp fits in my pocket, so for marathon days of pruning, I can sharpen every hour or so and keep a good edge on my pruning shears and lopper. It works on everything, scissors, knives, garden tools.
And it's made of some material that is supposedly so strong that only a diamond can scratch it. They have a lifetime guarantee, so if you do manage to nick it with your giant diamond ring (yeah, like that's gonna happen), you'll be all set to pick up a freshie from the company.
Seriously - this is an awesome tool. Every gardener should have one.
1. Sharpening - yes indeed. It does the trick, and fast. It works best on longer straighter blades (lawnmower blades, machetes, etc), won't sharpen serrated blades. No biggie, tho. Will shave mild steel so effectively it actually makes a curl ("swarf") of steel, you're actually whittling the steel. WARNING-steel swarf is very flammable. I noticed that harder steels and cast iron make more of a fine powder residue. Will also sharpen shovels for ease of use in the garden. It's best for touching up edges, but not for a fine, keen edge or initial sharpening. For razor-sharp edges, angular control is essential. The DMT sharpening kit worked far better for this purpose. Also, as in machining-watch out for "chattering". This is mechanical oscillations during material removal. The speedy sharp does this as other industrial carbide bits, resulting in an irregular, bumpy edge. When sharpening, I frequently change the horizontal axis (not the edge angle) to reduce this. For best results, correct it early. It seems most frequent on stainless steels, least frequent on mild steel.
2. Firestarting - more like fire *hazard*. The recent proliferation of ferrocerium ("mischmetal") based firesteels illustrates the limiting factor -- a good scraping surface. Knives are okay, but a finer edge won't be sharp very long. Also, the approach angle is important. The speedy sharp is the missing link -- it turns firestarting efforts into fire-inevitability.Read more ›
Some books I can recall that show these pictures are:
Sharpening Made Easy: A Primer on Sharpening Knives and Other Edged Tools
Knife Sharpening Made Easy
I also believe pictures are available on DMT's website as well. DMTSHARP(dot)com
I tested it only over a dozen different blades and it had no problem cleaning up their edges. I even used it to put a scary-sharp edge on a Cold Steel machete that came almost as dull as a steel knife blank (after I gave it a basic grind with a Dremel tool).
It's fairly simple to use, but I feel that the instructions could be a little more detailed in order to prevent over-sharpening and the like.
Also, one totally minor nitpick is that this thing is clearly cheaply mass-produced somewhere overseas and isn't of the highest build quality. Since it's carbide, the actual business end should last forever, but the rest of it ain't super high-quality. Again, that's just a totally minor comment as the thing wonderfully performs its intended function...
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Very handy. Keeps knives sharp in the field. Also good to keep one in the kitchen.Published 25 days ago by Michael Schmitzerle
This is an amazing sharpening device . I have purchased a total of four of these . three of them for gifts .Published 1 month ago by Greg Leonesio
Amazing little tool, will sharpen anything, watch the video, I could not get razor sharp but sharp enough with little effort.Published 1 month ago by butterball
Used properly it will restore a working edge on most knives quickly. For example, a knife of well heat treated 1095 high carbon steel will be happy with this product. Read morePublished 1 month ago by Mary Williams
AWESOME cutting edge! Why? Ever wonder why a cheap serrated knife cuts so well? I believe the Speedy Sharp is creating micro serrations and that is why the edge cuts so well. Read morePublished 1 month ago by A reader